Anyone see this? CSL Direct Drive.

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-04-21 19-22-24-726.jpg
    bandicam 2021-04-21 19-22-24-726.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 218
I have two accounts and one with newsletter subscription.

Perhaps i had the email and perhaps i sent it to the trash. lol

But when i'm logged i can't see the CSL DD.

Upvote 0
Lol it's not a matter of patience, i already have the DD1.

It's a matter of knowing if someone has been able to buy one this week.

Upvote 0
Got the pre-order offer as well. I went ahead and ordered the 8nm kit. Looks like I got a long wait until September. Thank goodness I have will plenty of hours at work to keep me occupied.

Also noticed that the Universal hub has returned, this time with a removable quick release. And there is a Formula V2.5. It has perforated leather grips, white markings and, comes with magnetic paddle shifters. It's also $20 cheaper than the red faced Formula V2. I never knew springs and Alcantara was so expensive. LOL

Edit: The Formula v2.5 is not compatible with Xbox One and Series consoles. That explains why the wheel is only $20 less than the Formula V2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
September? lol

It looks like they are in a hurry perhaps due to Thrustmaster.

It looks like that wheel is either a TGT remade to work outside of Granturismo, or an ultimate belt driven wheel from Thrustmaster. If its a direct drive wheel, I would love to know what Thrustys was thinking when they named it T-DCC? Any ideas on what it means, or if its a direct drive wheel?

It'll be great if more manufacturers got in on mid range priced direct drive wheels.

Upvote 0
I didn't got any invitation email until now. Also i can not place my order.
It would be no problem for me to be delivered only in september or even the end of 2021 , but i will consider another wheel if i have to wait longer that that.

Wait and see ( if Fanatec needs my money or not) But not too long because i already decided to replace my old logitech this year.

Upvote 0
I sold my G29 as it just wasnt doing it for me in most sims, now i have no wheel to play with and not on the first wave of invites to order :(
Never had such a long break from simracing.

Upvote 0
Prevailing theory is the first wave of pre-orders will start today when the reviews go public from Boosted/SRG/Chris Haye. I have a feeling it'll be 9 am Germany time or something based on where their headquarters is.
Barry/SRG turned it down because he wants to wait and review a production unit. That one will go to GamerMuscleVideos
I didn't got any invitation email until now. Also i can not place my order.
It would be no problem for me to be delivered only in september or even the end of 2021 , but i will consider another wheel if i have to wait longer that that.

Wait and see ( if Fanatec needs my money or not) But not too long because i already decided to replace my old logitech this year.

Gotta be signed into your Fana account once you follow the invite link there.. may or may not be the issue but saw folks struggling with that

Upvote 0
I managed to snag one yesterday here in the uk once the website calmed down. Got my email invitation at 1738 and managed to get the order through just after 1800. I went with the 8nm upgrade. Looking forward to putting it through its paces compared to my Clubsport 2.5. Roll on September!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Something that Fanatec could do to help calm traffic, would be to announce how long these waves are going to last. For example, if they said, the first wave was from Jun 4 to Jun 21, and then wave two will be from Jun 28 to Jul 12, ect... That would possibly ease traffic, and lower blood pressures for more than a few people.

Also they should have explained that, they will have server issues depending on ordering traffic. Thomas mentioned it in passing on the blog, but that got buried under pricing woes. A separate blog article would have been a better way to get people's attention concerning potential server issues. That would have been the best time to explain how long the waves will last, and to remind interested customers to be patient, and keep trying until the wave they are in has ended.

If Fanatec said/posted that, then there would be a lot less anxiety with this pre-order business. But for now, its pandemonium, and sheer madness!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Someone the other day said they had received notice they ought to receive their CSL DD on the 6th September. I have no idea if that is correct or not but it roughly fits what Fanatec said would be the timelines.

Upvote 0
I think that was the availability date. The website now shows September 20th as the availability date.

Oh and it looks like the site is showing the CSL DD again. I can finally browse the wheel bases details. And there is a side view of the QR2 up close on the CSL DD's details page.

Upvote 0
Got an update email for wave 2, likely starting very soon.

"...
Soon you will receive another email from us with the details on the second pre-order wave!

Stay tuned.
Fanatec
"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks like that wheel is either a TGT remade to work outside of Granturismo, or an ultimate belt driven wheel from Thrustmaster. If its a direct drive wheel, I would love to know what Thrustys was thinking when they named it T-DCC? Any ideas on what it means, or if its a direct drive wheel?

It'll be great if more manufacturers got in on mid range priced direct drive wheels.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea