Anyone pay for mods from SIM DREAM STORE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of cars on their site. Are these mods just badly converted mods or are they good quality. I dont mind paying for a mod if its good quality but im not paying for a conversion of someone elses cars. Anyone? I see a few cars on there that would be great for some career modes.

A fool and their money are easily parted :(
I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but who just spends money on something without checking it out first these days? Especially active forum type users?

Modding is one of the best features of AC... assuming you only access the good mods, which are invariably free any way.

Dave

^ Yep that's me. I moved to PC racing a mere month ago from X360/Forza and have had Assetto Corsa since the RC release. Coming from consoles where modding is virtually non-existent, I didn't even consider the possibility that it could be stolen or ripped. Lesson learned!

My order has an ID number #6738 in their system, but whether that's a running number or random there's really no way of telling except by making another purchase and seeing if that ID is slightly bigger, then I guess it would be safe to assume that it's a running number. If it is, then with say 10€ average purchase it would total to over 67000€ which obviously is big money. That's all speculation though, and personally I'm not going endorse them any more to find out.

In the Paypal receipt they have a customer service number pointing to Romania, but other than that there's no additional info.

Get on to PayPal, they may manage to get your money back, and it's got to be worth a try.

Well, I parted with about 10 euros some 5-6 months ago when they first launched their C63 AMG and Jaguar XJR, cars both close to my heart as I have driven both IRL. I purchased them on the back of the BMW they released for free, which was OK, well, more than OK actually and there really wasn't any info on the forums at the time to state the appalling quality of them. The sounds were from Pole Position 2 from the Commadore 64 days if I'm not mistaken and the handling model from the original Stunt Car Racer for the Amiga.. IMHO...

I quickly sent them an email asking when they were going to finish the cars and feeding back how poor they were.. I did not get any reply from them and as it was only 8 quid, I let it go and they will never get another penny of mine.

I did however receive an email with an update for both cars a few months later and then another a couple of months ago. I have not even bothered to download them and even considered doing a review of them to expose the company.... but you know what, I can't be bothered with them, I've wasted enough time on them already, I'd rather just learn from that experience and move on whilst enjoying the free mods out there and a few of the paid for ventures, like those of URD for AC and RF2.. they are worth every penny.

So please don't damn every paid for mod, sometimes they are worth it, some times not and to call someone a fool for not having spent hours researching a modding company is not very fair IMHO.

Get on to PayPal, they may manage to get your money back, and it's got to be worth a try.

Just filed a PayPal dispute, it'll be interesting to see if there's any reaction to that. None so far for the e-mail I sent them initially. Not about the money really, I consider them dues paid, but more as heads up to these guys that they probably should be closing shop before things potentially get expensive.

To whom this might interest, I did receive a quick response to the Paypal dispute from them(refund denied), and have exchanged a couple of messages with them since. The initial response was rather lengthy, but most of it had next to nothing to do with the actual issues and just ignored them.

Overall I'm a getting a really arrogant vibe from their messages, a couple of good quote examples would be "The interior quality matches the original Assetto Corsa cars by the polycount." and "Looks like there is something wrong with your Assetto Corsa settings.", after sending them this set of screens. lol

15751425638_7d1b8b6e0f_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back