Anyone else having screen tearing issues?

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by sjb266, May 16, 2016.

1. sjb266

sjb266
    Premium

Ratings:
    +191
    I play most of the sims available and they all look and run great on my PC.. get FPS of about 130 on AC at decent detail levels etc... But when i play AMS there is very distracting screen tearing like i haven't seen since GT6 on PS3.. anyone else notice this or is it a problem with my display setup..? I've tried adjusting settings but noting really helps..

Any advice appreciated..

Cheers

2. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa

Ratings:
    +95
    Did you try using vsync?

3. Tony

Tony
    APIA RACING Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +601
    Are you using NVIDIA? And if so have you followed all graphics steps in the manual including NVIDIA inspector?

4. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    Not sure what to say as no problem here. If you have a decent graphics card then you should be able to set pretty well everything to max maybe apart from shadows which I have at medium (GTX970). Also make sure Windowed Mode is off in the config app.

5. AosudiF1

AosudiF1

Ratings:
    +41
    Try adaptive v-sync and pre-rendered frame=1.

I had a lot of tearing, and with those settings, it went completely away. Also, there is minimal input lag (which is the issue by having just v-sync on).

6. P*Funk

P*Funk

Ratings:
    +336
    I cap my FPS at double the refresh rate of my screen using the feature in the AMS options and no tearing here.