Any question (virtual machine - background scenario)

** ** text translated by Google Translate

Good evening,

I'm trying the demo of BTB pro, and 'a very interesting program!
I have a few questions to ask before I buy.
As you use Windows 7, and for now BTB runnable seems to me, I was thinking in the future to install the program on a virtual machine with XP: There are no known issues about it?
Another thing: I can change the scenario of the track? I can not understand how it works. I mean the image that is on the horizon, beyond the texture of the track and field. I hope I explained myself, 'cause I do not know the technical term that indicates the image that I would change.

Thanks & Regards

Fedus :cool:

To get BTB working in Windows 7/Vista:

1) Right-click on .exe or desktop shortcut.
2) Click compatibility.
3) Put a tick next to "Run as administrator".

Done!
If that doesn't work, go back to compatibility and select "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP".
No need for a virtual machine. :)

Those are the settings that I use.

Another thing: I can change the scenario of the track? I can not understand how it works. I mean the image that is on the horizon, beyond the texture of the track and field. I hope I explained myself, 'cause I do not know the technical term that indicates the image that I would change.

Yes, you can change both the sky and the image on the horizon. The images are stored in sky.mas in your rFactor track. I cannot explain how, I haven't done it but I know for sure it's possible. :)

I'm running BTB on a Mac within Mac OS X through Parallels Desktop 6. Using an XP virtual machine, installed DX9 Aug' 09 and Net 2.0 and it runs.

(Big bonus: you can back up the virtual machine as a hard disk file. If one crashes or is messed up, just replace it with another with BTB completely installed, reboot and start again! Disadvantage: gotta start the virtual machine and therefore XP each time you need to start BTB...)

As for the sky: you need to alter the .dds files referenced by the skyboxi.gmt or horizon.gmt file in the sky.mas, so for instance the bka.dds, bkb.dds files, or perhaps named bk0 to bk6. To alter the height of the horizon, use 3Dsimed>edit>translate>Z axis, for instance -20 or (+)30.

To get BTB working in Windows 7/Vista:

1) Right-click on .exe or desktop shortcut.
2) Click compatibility.
3) Put a tick next to "Run as administrator".

Ok, i do it :)
But i still have some problems.
For example with the instrument terrain> materials, when I click the right button (check all sides) nothing happens! this is not a small problem ... I can select only face per face using shift key....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back