Any other MidWest US people?

Two Hands

Premium
I've recently joined and had a lot of fun with the two club races that I've participated in. I've had much more fun through those two races than any of the public server races I've entered on RACE.

I love what I've seen of this community since joining, but I can't really join the majority of the club races that are hosted. The only ones that I have been able to join are weekend or tuesday/thursday races at 19:00 GMT. Where I live that's noon. The rest of the races available either start early in the morning, like 6AM, or in the middle of the night.

So I'm curious if any of you sim racers on this forum are from the midwest or close within the US. I'd really like to club race more, but the time difference doesn't allow me to. If anyone is up for it my computer is powerful enough to handle a listen server with at least a few people. I'd love to race more. Any takers?

Just for reference, a good time for me during the week would be 6 or 7 at night which would be 1 or 2 GMT respectively.

I was surprised too, I enjoyed racing with you guys on the US servers. I decided to join an US event last week and noticed that nobody is there, and not only in that race. The numbers on EU events scare me too, I hope it'll increase again, it'll take a while for me to move onto a new game, not to mention I didn't even had a proper race with all the content this game has.

Sean, the US races don't draw many. I usually race on Mon and Wed, sometimes Friday. You can usually find me in the server before official practice starts. Join for a few laps or even just one race and bring your TeamSpeak!

Alright I'll definitely join when I can. Which server are you talking about specifically? Is there one that runs at a specific time for each of those days that you join?

That's a shame that "US/NA group has disappeared. I would have liked to join in on that. I wish I had joined RD sooner.

If there is a game that the US group has moved on to what is it? I can't really spare the cash, or the time, for a new game at the moment but I could at some point.

Check here to see when and where the races are. When the server is up an admin will post in the thread for the race. In the server list, run down to RaceDepartment and select the race you want to be in. If it indicates UNKNOWN for the track, you haven't downloaded/installed it from the spot on the first post.

My main league runs mostly rFactor, everyone seems to have Race On, but no one really uses it. It's a shame since I recently discovered this game and like it quite a bit more than every mod I have tried in rFactor. That's the only other game I can think of the US players might be running, but I haven't checked the numbers of their club events at all.

I don't know how kosher it is to post event from other leagues, but we are going to be running Race On and Retro in our next "Fun Series" which runs Sundays at 9PM Central. So if anyone wants more info let me know, I think that starts up on Oct. 16th.

My main league runs mostly rFactor, everyone seems to have Race On, but no one really uses it. It's a shame since I recently discovered this game and like it quite a bit more than every mod I have tried in rFactor. That's the only other game I can think of the US players might be running, but I haven't checked the numbers of their club events at all.

I don't know how kosher it is to post event from other leagues, but we are going to be running Race On and Retro in our next "Fun Series" which runs Sundays at 9PM Central. So if anyone wants more info let me know, I think that starts up on Oct. 16th.

I'm not sure if my significant other would be keen on my starting a race that late, but I'd like to know more.

Hey there! I'm up in Midwest USA, Michigan to be exact. I just started SIM racing a few months ago. Always into FPS mostly. But now I havent shot a gun in ages, lol. I'm driving all the time now. I have joined a race or two here, not been able to finish one sucessfully though as of yet. I am still getting my cockpit/equipment setup. Once I have finalized my setup, I hope to join up and race alot more. I have loads of free time, but I hate having to be in a certain place at a certain time. I gave all that up long ago, so I need to set a "racing schedule". I work part time from home and love spending money on my hobbies. This one is proving to be as expensive as you want it to be.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back