PC1 any indication tyre wear in HUD?

On some youtube vids, I see sometimes the tyres in de HUD changing to red indicating wear I suppose.
However I never see it on the PC. Only blue or green, never red... although i sometime feel they are giving less grip... is this a known issue on PC or something in my configuration?

Those are tire temperatures you see. should be around 90. Starts to turn red after 110 or so. Aditionally if you want to cool them, increase the pressure (about 0.1 bar per degree celsius) and vice versa.

As for the wear, there is no indication but you can feel it. Racing tires often have a steeper dropoff so its not hard to gauge when they give up. The only way to discover how long a tire lasts is to do so many laps until it happens.

There are a couple of apps you can use which will give you a percentage of tire wear, as well as lots of other information.

I use DashMeterPro on my Android, cost about £5 but worth it for the amount of info it gives you in my opinion.

i have had the red light up in the hud a few times when been pushing the tyres to the limit and like the other guys have said that is only the tyre temps,you should feel the tyres going off if losing grip and lap times drop off

I'm not 100% but on the HUD on the tyres are there lines?

I've not really looked properly but does anyone have an idea what they mean?

Depends on which HUD you pick:
  • The one with all the information (tire temps, brake temps, ride heights, bumpstops, ..) gives you the different tire temps Inside, Middle, Outer (IMO). With each part of the tire having it's own color depending how hot/cold the tire is.
  • The one with the tires showing in the bottom right (by default) just shows the general tire temp of that tire. Red being too hot, green = good and blue means it's too cold so you'll slide around like a dog on an ice-skating course.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back