Antialiasing with R9 390 and new drivers

Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting good AA to show up on the game. I previously had a PC with an nVidia card, so I used the graphics card control panel enforced AA option to get rid of the jaggies, and I'm pretty sure I also worked with this AMD card (R9 390) on the earlier driver, but now with the new Radeon Software I'm noticing it's not really doing anything to improve the AA in the game.
Anyone had better luck and can advise?

Did you turn off the AA in game before using the control panel? Sometimes it doesn't overwrite properly. Otherwise remove all AMD software and reinstall.. For me it works fine :).

No, but I just tried that to no avail. The thing is before this I had the old drivers with the catalyst software and it worked fine (as far as I recall). This only started with the new software. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, but that didn't do anything.

Okay, In case anyone else ever finds this post and has the same problem, I solved it by completely removing all AMD drivers, and then installing the 15.7.1 driver (the one with the old software), forcing AA there, and THEN upgrading to the latest drivers. This fixed the issue for me.

I am of the same opinion, but I was afraid that using older drivers (especially on AMD) might be too big a detriment, but seeing as now I have stuttering in Fallout 4 with the new drivers, I'll just revert back to 15.7.1 and wait for another FUNCTIONING driver to come out..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back