DiRT Rally 2.0 Another DR patch is out, no FFB fix in sight.

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
It's not worse than DR1. Some of the forces are somewhat weaker (suspension) and it doesn't have the canned wheel rattle that stands in as "road detail" in DR1 (and that has nothing to do with the actual road detail), which apparently so many people miss for some weird reason. Everything else is improved or at worse the same.

I really don't understand why people keep saying this when it's so easy to test/compare.

It's not just that some of the forces are weaker, some are non-existent. As for the road detail, telemetry-based FFB in DR showed that the bump effects correlated to tactile and motion effects so they are more than random effects or signal noise like some claim.

I think the weight of the cars and overall handling in DR2 is improved but, the FFB certainly is not, not by any current standard. To make matters worse, it can even be inconsistent at times, especially with suspension effects; there's something wrong when that happens.

The FFB is definitely useable, remember this is a game, not a hardcore simulator, it amazes me how entitled and ridiculous people are being
Oh please, we've come to expect a certain level of FFB over the years. What's ridiculous is that developers seemingly expect us to accept something stripped-down and label it as "more realistic". Useable FFB is not why I use the hardware I do and why should we expect that DR2 would have less effective FFB than DR already established?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.