DiRT Rally 2.0 Another DR patch is out, no FFB fix in sight.

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 197115

They will be focusing on fixing only critical game breaking issues, delivering promised DLC content and moving onto next title.
I do not see how FFB fix that works 'as designed' fits into that plan.

They Still Have not fixed the crappy headlights or the Giant Rain either.
20190416231742_1.jpg

Not even SimCommander can save DR2-FFB. I can get a little more bump detail with SC4 than I can using the SimuCube but, neither is very good imo. Yeah, it's okay if all you need or want is self-aligning torque but, there is zero affect from torque-steer, surface transitions, rut's, etc. No sense of wheel spin, mud, water, just dull numb SAT and the occasional bump-spike.

I hope something is broken so there's a chance it can be fixed otherwise, I'll have lost all faith in Codies for good.

Not even SimCommander can save DR2-FFB. I can get a little more bump detail with SC4 than I can using the SimuCube but, neither is very good imo. Yeah, it's okay if all you need or want is self-aligning torque but, there is zero affect from torque-steer, surface transitions, rut's, etc. No sense of wheel spin, mud, water, just dull numb SAT and the occasional bump-spike.

I hope something is broken so there's a chance it can be fixed otherwise, I'll have lost all faith in Codies for good.
Don't forguet the most important FFB simulation in this game, the cattlegrids. Should be the cattlegrid pass simulator.

• Deleted member 197115

Ah, the whinefest continues.
Exactly why Codies can get away with bullcrap like that.
Same choir that was signing how great physics was in D4 and we all are just too ignorant to judge rally cars.
Bet you only see rainbows and unicorns in your dreams.

LOL. But of course. I happen to like the FFB in DR2 and also despise the constant community whining about it being broken and unusable and "bullcrap", so obviously "I only see rainbows and unicorns".

And yes, spot on with the "same choir" comment. My praise of D4 physics is widely known :D

Exactly why Codies can get away with bullcrap like that.
Same choir that was signing how great physics was in D4 and we all are just too ignorant to judge rally cars.
Bet you only see rainbows and unicorns in your dreams.
Dirt4 FFB was not the main issue with that title but, it seems the FFB carried over to DR2. It's unusual that SimCommander can't compensate for some of the short-comings like it does in DR but, SimX have said that they are still waiting on CM to solve some issues with the telemetry.

Still, I'd prefer CM solve issues with basic game-FFB but, FFB support has never been their strength as SimCommander has clearly demonstrated. Dirt Rally game-FFB left some potential improvements on the table but, as least it's not as dull as DR2-FFB. PC2-FFB RallyX provides far better fundamental effects, even without surface details.

btw on this patch is already included both the impreza and focus rs 2007s wrc, u just need to play a bit with the game code to unlock it
and yep, is not that the ffb is bad (wich it is) the thing is that its worse than DR1, an almost 5 years old game
as nando would say: embarassing, really embarassing

It's not worse than DR1. Some of the forces are somewhat weaker (suspension) and it doesn't have the canned wheel rattle that stands in as "road detail" in DR1 (and that has nothing to do with the actual road detail), which apparently so many people miss for some weird reason. Everything else is improved or at worse the same.

I really don't understand why people keep saying this when it's so easy to test/compare.

Also, Dirt Rally was released a little over three years ago, not "almost five". Even if you include the early access period (which you shouldn't, especially since half of that period the FFB was nowhere near what it was in the final game), it's still pretty much exactly four years, not five.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Dirt4 FFB was not the main issue with that title but, it seems the FFB carried over to DR2. It's unusual that SimCommander can't compensate for some of the short-comings like it does in DR but, SimX have said that they are still waiting on CM to solve some issues with the telemetry.

Still, I'd prefer CM solve issues with basic game-FFB but, FFB support has never been their strength as SimCommander has clearly demonstrated. Dirt Rally game-FFB left some potential improvements on the table but, as least it's not as dull as DR2-FFB. PC2-FFB RallyX provides far better fundamental effects, even without surface details.
If DR2 had D4 FFB, I'd be a happy man. I was referring to super grippy arcade physics, they never fixed.

It's not worse than DR1. Some of the forces are somewhat weaker (suspension) and it doesn't have the canned wheel rattle that stands in as "road detail" in DR1 (and that has nothing to do with the actual road detail), which apparently so many people miss for some weird reason.

I really don't understand why people keep saying this when it's so easy to test/compare.

Also, Dirt Rally was released a little over three years ago, not "almost five". Even if you include the early access period (which you shouldn't, especially since half of that period the FFB was nowhere near what it was in the final game), it's still pretty much exactly four years, not five.
"is not worse than dr1", well thats when u lost me. DR1 ffb is way easier to set up and feels more like a real car than just the slow, stiff, and weird spike forces that dr2 ffb has, I mean, in dr1 u can enjoy both tarmac rallys and have an actual feeling of the car that seems legit, where as in dr2 is like slow drift simulator (and spain is pretty much undrivable), and this has nothing to do with the physics btw in case u think that has to do with my driving, I had to play both games with a pad in order to realize that dr2 physics re better than dr1, couse after like a week of testing different set ups and changing the devices xml file I just got bored and stop playing it, is just not worth at the moment.
and also, a "good" ffb is when not only the feeling of the car is legit and the info that the wheels deliver is useful, it also consider how easy is to set up the ffb, for example in ac I play with default ffb settings and in dr1 I just change a thing or 2 and thats it, ready to go

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing