• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Another DR patch is out, no FFB fix in sight.

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' started by Andrew_WOT, Apr 16, 2019 at 17:39.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +308
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ilborga70

ilborga70

Ratings:
    +4
  3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +308
    They will be focusing on fixing only critical game breaking issues, delivering promised DLC content and moving onto next title.
    I do not see how FFB fix that works 'as designed' fits into that plan.

4. Sman

Sman

Ratings:
    +158
    They Still Have not fixed the crappy headlights or the Giant Rain either. 20190416231742_1.jpg

5. Headspace10

Headspace10

Ratings:
    +0
    Turning weather down to low will resolve that.

6. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +64
    What's wrong with the FFB, feels good for me

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +308
    On Accuforce.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +64
    what are you on?

9. RaceNut

RaceNut

Ratings:
    +676
    Not even SimCommander can save DR2-FFB. I can get a little more bump detail with SC4 than I can using the SimuCube but, neither is very good imo. Yeah, it's okay if all you need or want is self-aligning torque but, there is zero affect from torque-steer, surface transitions, rut's, etc. No sense of wheel spin, mud, water, just dull numb SAT and the occasional bump-spike.

I hope something is broken so there's a chance it can be fixed otherwise, I'll have lost all faith in Codies for good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Xzess

Xzess

Ratings:
    +23
    Don't forguet the most important FFB simulation in this game, the cattlegrids. Should be the cattlegrid pass simulator.

11. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Let me tell you about spring and damper... Premium

Ratings:
    +4,050
    Ah, the whinefest continues.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +64
    Yep, I personally like the FFB of DR2, not sure what the big fuss is about, maybe they just aren't very good and using FFB as a scapegoat lol

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +308
    Exactly why Codies can get away with bullcrap like that.
    Same choir that was signing how great physics was in D4 and we all are just too ignorant to judge rally cars.
    Bet you only see rainbows and unicorns in your dreams.

14. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +4,050
    LOL. But of course. I happen to like the FFB in DR2 and also despise the constant community whining about it being broken and unusable and "bullcrap", so obviously "I only see rainbows and unicorns".

And yes, spot on with the "same choir" comment. My praise of D4 physics is widely known :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RaceNut

RaceNut

Ratings:
    +676
    Dirt4 FFB was not the main issue with that title but, it seems the FFB carried over to DR2. It's unusual that SimCommander can't compensate for some of the short-comings like it does in DR but, SimX have said that they are still waiting on CM to solve some issues with the telemetry.

Still, I'd prefer CM solve issues with basic game-FFB but, FFB support has never been their strength as SimCommander has clearly demonstrated. Dirt Rally game-FFB left some potential improvements on the table but, as least it's not as dull as DR2-FFB. PC2-FFB RallyX provides far better fundamental effects, even without surface details.

16. tomymamani

tomymamani

Ratings:
    +17
    btw on this patch is already included both the impreza and focus rs 2007s wrc, u just need to play a bit with the game code to unlock it
    and yep, is not that the ffb is bad (wich it is) the thing is that its worse than DR1, an almost 5 years old game
    as nando would say: embarassing, really embarassing

17. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +4,050
    It's not worse than DR1. Some of the forces are somewhat weaker (suspension) and it doesn't have the canned wheel rattle that stands in as "road detail" in DR1 (and that has nothing to do with the actual road detail), which apparently so many people miss for some weird reason. Everything else is improved or at worse the same.

I really don't understand why people keep saying this when it's so easy to test/compare.

Also, Dirt Rally was released a little over three years ago, not "almost five". Even if you include the early access period (which you shouldn't, especially since half of that period the FFB was nowhere near what it was in the final game), it's still pretty much exactly four years, not five.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 19:39
  18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +308
    If DR2 had D4 FFB, I'd be a happy man. I was referring to super grippy arcade physics, they never fixed.

19. tomymamani

tomymamani

Ratings:
    +17
    "is not worse than dr1", well thats when u lost me. DR1 ffb is way easier to set up and feels more like a real car than just the slow, stiff, and weird spike forces that dr2 ffb has, I mean, in dr1 u can enjoy both tarmac rallys and have an actual feeling of the car that seems legit, where as in dr2 is like slow drift simulator (and spain is pretty much undrivable), and this has nothing to do with the physics btw in case u think that has to do with my driving, I had to play both games with a pad in order to realize that dr2 physics re better than dr1, couse after like a week of testing different set ups and changing the devices xml file I just got bored and stop playing it, is just not worth at the moment.
    and also, a "good" ffb is when not only the feeling of the car is legit and the info that the wheels deliver is useful, it also consider how easy is to set up the ffb, for example in ac I play with default ffb settings and in dr1 I just change a thing or 2 and thats it, ready to go

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 19:46
  20. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +4,050
    I've spent a good 10 minutes thinking about what to say to that, and honestly, I've got nothing. "The mind boggles", maybe.

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.