General Anonymous Ratings

There are two reasons.
First is to make something for myself what I really want and feel ok with. Honestly this is achieved in first week or first two weeks. I think it is also one of the reasons why so many wip mods just disappears after some time.
Second is to share a good thing with people who also would like it, and because of this one I'm working much further. I'm also happy to be a part of community this way and add my little input in this sea of mods.

Stars aren't the reason. But still matters quite a lot as it is supposed to represent the quality, and if it is worth to have. Quite a reason to care, IMO.

And I'm not able to do anything 5stars, or finish anything, it is too much for me. Far better it is to go through updates. An interesting thing I noticed - updates might knock you down, even if the mod is improved a lot. So it would be better to go for 1.0 for that matter. And I don't do it, so I guess I'm not that much into the stars. I also don''t have much people to do proper testing for me, because it is work, no one wants to do it sincerely. It wasn't even that much easy to find people for Goodwood, which is a big thing. Quite a few guys just left me hanging in silence when I asked if they would like to do at least few laps at Goodwood. Releasing in steps at least creates some sort of betatesting effect, which helps.

Just no tyo anonymous rating and thats it. And if you say that you don't care about them, you know that you actually do, at least a little bit, don't you ? :)

I did care for a while as you can see from some of my review responses but these days I could care less. IMO the whole 5 star system is flawed anyway. Simple thumbs up or down system like steam I think works better.

The only thing that always baffles me is the raving 4 star review. Never quite understood that myself but still won't lose any sleep over it.

@Fat-Alfie @A3DR @LilSki You have such high quality you don't have to worry as much as other persons about the quality of your mod. If a person is rating you with less than 4 stars you know they don't quite understand the rating system. For smaller modders it is a bit harder to differentiate between serious and "unserious" reviews

Yes those too...

And this star system actually works like thumbs up/thumbs down anyway. Just maybe with rating of 4 being nor thumbs up, nor thumbs down. Three seems like pure thumb down already.

Three seems like pure thumb down already.

That's just down to your perception (and obviously not just you, its widespread across anything that has a 'star' rating system).

3 should mean average, and average should not mean bad. People seem to take average to have negative connotations which it really shouldn't.

That being said, this mindset can't really be reversed, which is why I think a simple thumbs up/down would be more useful.

Yes, let's remove anonymity in ratings so mantasig can jump on people and accuse them being trolls or what ever when they give him less than HE thinks he deserves.:rolleyes:
I mean he has a point that people should normally at least tell you why they rate whatever they rate. Ofc forcing a written comment will not stop people from typing "suxx" or other one word reviews.

I mean he has a point that people should normally at least tell you why they rate whatever they rate. Ofc forcing a written comment will not stop people from typing "suxx" or other one word reviews.

Well I don't agree with your first sentence. The latter I do.

Besides the whole rating system is pretty pointless imo because there's usually so many '5 stars for the effort' or '5 stars for making my favourite car/track' type of ratings. Those tells equally less about the state of the mod than anonymous ratings.
Like people have already suggested thumbs up down would be much better system.

Agreed, completely. Or sometimes even '5 stars because it's you, and you make great stuff!' :rolleyes:

What we need is an impartial panel of testers who can rate and review :cool:

No thats not the thing. The thing is that anonymous rate is not visible, it is completely invisible no one can see it. It just gets added to all ratings and thats all.

A quick example how this works

At first XJ was where yellow line is, yesterday I founf it where the red line is, and today it is here. Also the rating is 4.8. And it was 4.92 once. And the rating is not public, and even I can not see it, also got no notification for it.... You are just free to ruin a mood for everyone, anytime.

GwiTeHN.jpg

Obviously I am extremely open to trolling now, and I expected that. And expect for more. The best way to protect yourself is to say that you don't care :)

It is much like "keep it". Don't bother RD, it is probably ton of work. We shouldn't care about the rating after all, nor the people who comes to check out for mods, they definitely doesn't even look at those stars. In fact, it is bad idea to look for stars when sky is not clear.

Sorry - maybe it's just me, but I honestly don't even look at the star rating of mods. I look to see if it's something I'm interested first, then read a few reviews. If it's a great looking track but the comments say it's terrible,
I don't bother. If it's a boring looking track but the stars are all 5 again, I just don't bother. The comments mean the most to me, not the number of stars it has (because 5 stars can be given for no reason at all, so count for nothing in my mind)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.5%