General Anonymous Ratings

Why ? Just why it exists ?

First time I noticed this "phenomenon" in Kicevo mod by Lemax, it is collecting lots of them for political reasons, and obviously anonymous are tend to be more on the negative side.

I have just got a negative ratings for all my mods in recent days. I don't know who, I don't know why.... Why it is there ? While I understand that a lot of other modders are not as vain as me and much better smarter and doesn't care (which is completely alright). But I care, it demotivates me. Please go and rate me anonymously 1 star if i have ever argued with you in the forums, wrote something what you don't agree with, or we didn't share an apex in an online race and got into a "fight"...

Modding is demanding or in some cases crazy demanding activity (depending on skills, knowledge and aim for quality), and it doesn't come for free. In fact it does cost A LOT of time for those poor people who are trying to bring something for free, especialy if having a hard time learning at the same time, not to mention all duties behind this hobby which aren't easy.

And almost only things which are comming back for a modder is those silly stupid stars, words in comments, and some youtube videos, well perhaps a couple screenshots by community. Stars are also a good indicator of quality. But they are only so if there are many. Like ~100+

I am asking to have all anonymous ratings to be removed from all mods, or to be made visible (not anonymous anymore). In other words I'm asking for no anonymous ratings, including those from the past.

You can leave a rating for a mod without writing a review. I do that sometimes when I don't have anthing meaningful to say but want to give a 5 star rating to a mod. I didn't know those are anonymous, I thought you could see those ratings as well, just without anything written underneath :confused:

Anonymous ratings are not good, as anything anonymous is not good. Either show those ratings with the username, or make a review mandatory. Everything else makes it too easy to abuse.

• Deleted member 223075

Sorry but what does it changes in your life if someone rate some of your mods with one star ?

I can understand it's not great, but there is so many things more important in your life than mods

As much as if someone says that the old Goodwood Mod is so great that it only needs texture updates. It makes me sad.

And you are right about the part that mods aren't that important. Even if you spend most of your free time on them, even then. It is just unimportant.

Last edited:
Especially for small mods the negative reviews can destroy everything. I don't want to say that it shouldn't other you as much as for example me, but you get a lot of 5 (earned) reviews, which balance things out, as for the small mods with 4 reviews. For example here are 2 one star ratings for the same mod I made. They argued their one star rating with these explanations:
1. and what did you change
(It was written in the description and that is not a thing for the review- but for the Support section)
2. I tried link forbidden access in http://**************/ ??? not sure why track is not in this site
(A person could not use the link to the track for which my mod was and gave me one star for it)

Especially the reviews which should go in the Support section, be it my mod or someone else's, piss me of

Sorry but what does it changes in your life if someone rate some of your mods with one star ?

I can understand it's not great, but there is so many things more important in your life than mods
I think if someone gives you a one star rating (an undeserved, in my opinion, it is like the person is shouting in your face: Crap, bullshit, shitty mod, before even writing in the Support section and giving you a chance to optimize

Yes, very good point for small mods, which are often something what you don't know what it is untill you try. negative stuff will just demotivate a lot of people to even try it.

Here is little example, a taxi companies are now popular where random people can work as their drivers, or something like that... And as far as I know some are using stars to rate them. Recently in my country there was a little incident where a new driver got to take two totaly drunk girls, had some trouble with them, got several negative ratings, and just lost his job.

Other similar incident was that one chick got into fight with similar company taxi driver for a Havaiian figure on the dashboard. And if it is true driver lost the job because of that.

• Deleted member 223075

I think if someone gives you a one star rating (an undeserved, in my opinion, it is like the person is shouting in your face: Crap, bullshit, shitty mod, before even writing in the Support section and giving you a chance to optimize

And? If you live only for mods it's completely stupid. Personally I prefer to live for my family, my wife, my children, to earn money, to enjoy ... to be there to cry for a bad note on a mod that will end anyway after falling into oblivion at after a certain number of years.

And when you get old, will you always think about your mods and the bad notes they had?

You have to learn how to separate real and virtual life, it's not the mods and the notes that will make you progress in life.

So you are suggesting simply not to do it right ? Why are you interested in mods then, why you are in these forums ? Are you writing some interesting thesis about people who does something without asking anything in return for your phylosophy degree maybe ?

Perhaps you have done particular amount of anonymous bites yourself ?

I just picked up a little fault (IMO) in mechanics of this site, and brought it up. It is not dramaticaly important, but it is important. God is in the details. Everything is in the details.

I can answer why I do mods and don't ask anything in return, pretty stupid because I actualy just asked a question to myself :/

For many years I have been enjoying a lot of mods, and always felt really thankful for them. I have also had an interest in modeling, always thought that it is interesting thing to do. Once I failed in my studies, and had to skip one year, because many other reasons I had lots of free time and got started learning while modeling XJ13. I thought that I want to make it as best as I can, I was really into that car (I still love it like I always did). And to my little input into this world of modding, so I wouldn't be only the taker, but also a giver. But you only can give, if someone wants to take, so thats the story lol

I guess thats a bit of offtopic. You can create a thread for this and get lots of material for your studies.

Personally, when someone reviews my track, if the review is positive it makes me smile, and if the review is negative I just think 'oh well... :whistling:'

I am not in any competition with any other mods or modders. I make my stuff for me, primarily, so if I like it then all is good. If others like it too, superb, and if they don't then they just don't like the same qualities as me - no big deal.

I would try not to get so up tight about reviews - if they mean that much to you then maybe you make stuff for the wrong reasons :unsure:

Personally, when someone reviews my track, if the review is positive it makes me smile, and if the review is negative I just think 'oh well... :whistling:'

I am not in any competition with any other mods or modders. I make my stuff for me, primarily, so if I like it then all is good. If others like it too, superb, and if they don't then they just don't like the same qualities as me - no big deal.

I would try not to get so up tight about reviews - if they mean that much to you then maybe you make stuff for the wrong reasons :unsure:
The thing I don't like is that I want to pleasure as many people as possible with my mods and the reviews are some sort of thank you for me. Bad reviews make the audience smaller.
I can remember how out of my mind I was as I uploaded my first mod to here and got my first review for it. I modded before that but never for an audience. And this Thank you from a person I never met before for something I made made not only my day, but my whole week.

I'm not going to ignore anything. Anonymous rating function is nonsense and ruins whole rating system. And the more people will find out that you can do it like that, the more pointless it will be. And we, small ones, aren't counting 100+ ratings, so each one matters a lot.

There aren't much reasons to defend this function.

Few reasons why all anonymous ratings has to be removed and function removed too.
  • Anonymous rating will more likely tend to be worse. People who are active in discussions and argues a lot, or by some particular ways participates in less pleasant interactions might suspect such action as reaction to those events, which even aren't connected to mod;
  • Anonymous rating could potentialy ruin good climate of comunity;
  • Anonymous rating is without a review.
  • Now there will be more as i created thread about them....
  • Words but not stars motivates us, however watching the mod sink down doesn't motivate to continue.

Too lazy for more, I think thats enough. It is easy to play it "right" and be friends with everyone. It is way harder to be true, honest and be understood.

Honestly

Which staff member should I tag ? i don't see members tab anymore, I might have to renew my premium upgrade.

I'm not seeing any anonymous ratings, they're all linked to an account here, also didn't see any negative reviews on your work lately... am I missing something or they already removed them?

I think you guys know my point of view about ratings by now, but anyway, I have to say I agree with that.
@mantasisg you're doing really good work, always improving and getting better, there's nothing negative to say about that. I think that is more important than some silly star rating, do it because you like it, enjoy doing it, and focus on the comments from people with a real interest in it. The rest, screw them.

If you are doing this for "ratings" then I am afraid you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Nobody is in competition for ratings. Yeah I have had fun with Alfie when his Thomson Road surpassed Riverside but it's not like I actually got upset about it. If you want solid ratings don't release a half finished project. If you do release something that is WIP expect the odd bad review whether it is anonymous or not.

@A3DR You can leave stars without writing a review. So for example if you notice your mod going from 4.99 to 4.97 without a written review someone likely left a less than 5 star review and didn't write any words in review box and thus it is not shown and is anonymous.

If you are doing this for "ratings" then I am afraid you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Nobody is in competition for ratings. Yeah I have had fun with Alfie when his Thomson Road surpassed Riverside but it's not like I actually got upset about it. If you want solid ratings don't release a half finished project. If you do release something that is WIP expect the odd bad review whether it is anonymous or not.

@A3DR You can leave stars without writing a review. So for example if you notice your mod going from 4.99 to 4.97 without a written review someone likely left a less than 5 star review and didn't write any words in review box and thus it is not shown and is anonymous.

Oh, I get it now, last rating I gave the comment was not optional as it is now. Weird choice, maybe @Paul Jeffrey can shine some light into this matter? (or know which one from the RD staff can?)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back