Angle bracket won't slide inside same profile slot type - did Motedis ****up my order?

Hello!
I recently received my order for a custom simrig from motedis.
To my surprise, I just found out that despite the bracket and profile being the same type (40, Type I, 8 slot) - the angle bracket can't slide into the profile slot.
1710625861738.png

Here is the stuff I ordered:
- Profile: https://www.motedis.it/it/Profilato-alluminio-40x80L-scanalatura-8-tipo-I
- Bracket: https://www.motedis.it/it/Staffe-angolari-40-scanalatura-8-tipo-I

I do understand that I could break all the tabs, but seems like an inconvenient thing to do, considering they should fit just fine.

Did any of you ever found something similar?
I measured both the angle and the profile, and the dimensions are as expected. It's just that the small tab is something like 0.5mm bigger than what it should be.

Does it fit if you turn it 90 degrees? I think that's what it's designed for, which is annoying. I fitted a couple of similar brackets in the same orientation as you, and I removed the tabs on a bench grinder.

I measured both the angle and the profile, and the dimensions are as expected. It's just that the small tab is something like 0.5mm bigger than what it should be.
The (terrible quality) drawing of the angle bracket appears to be saying that the tab is 8.7 mm wide. The drawing for the profile says the slot is 8 mm wide...

The (terrible quality) drawing of the angle bracket appears to be saying that the tab is 8.7 mm wide. The drawing for the profile says the slot is 8 mm wide...
Actually 8.7mm is the dimension of the angle slot hole, while the tab is 8mm (look at the bottom of that terrible pic).
So it should fit just fine....

Actually 8.7mm is the dimension of the angle slot hole, while the tab is 8mm (look at the bottom of that terrible pic).
So it should fit just fine....
Ahhh yes, thanks.
But ok, that's a nominal interference fit (=> trouble), so maybe @morsify has nailed it - they don't expect the brackets to be used that way, but that's kinda weird cos they certainly look like they should be used that way...

Ahhh yes, thanks.
But ok, that's a nominal interference fit (=> trouble), so maybe @morsify has nailed it - they don't expect the brackets to be used that way, but that's kinda weird cos they certainly look like they should be used that way...
I don't think that's the case; if you rotate the bracket 90 deg, the hole won't be aligned with the slot - and still won't fit.
1710631531799.png

The only way I see it fitting is in this way:
1710631588461.png

But it still doesn't make sense as it's a very specific case...

Indeed, is quite strange to me ...

I don't think that's the case; if you rotate the bracket 90 deg, the hole won't be aligned with the slot
No, it would be aligned, it should be flush with one edge of the profile, then the hole does align with the slot, not in the middle of the profile as in your photo.
I agree it's a strange design, it could so easily be made to fit both ways.

No, it would be aligned, it should be flush with one edge of the profile, then the hole does align with the slot, not in the middle of the profile as in your photo.
I agree it's a strange design, it could so easily be made to fit both ways.
Sorry, I forgot to post the other pic.

As you can see, there is no way in hell this thing is aligning with anything xD

I tried to contact the support, hopefully they'll be able to provide the correct ones...

Attachments

• IMG_20240317_131727.jpg
    IMG_20240317_131727.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20240317_131827.jpg
    IMG_20240317_131827.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20240317_131916.jpg
    IMG_20240317_131916.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20240317_131919.jpg
    IMG_20240317_131919.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 26
Hello!
I recently received my order for a custom simrig from motedis.
To my surprise, I just found out that despite the bracket and profile being the same type (40, Type I, 8 slot) - the angle bracket can't slide into the profile slot.
View attachment 739010

Here is the stuff I ordered:
- Profile: https://www.motedis.it/it/Profilato-alluminio-40x80L-scanalatura-8-tipo-I
- Bracket: https://www.motedis.it/it/Staffe-angolari-40-scanalatura-8-tipo-I

I do understand that I could break all the tabs, but seems like an inconvenient thing to do, considering they should fit just fine.

Did any of you ever found something similar?
Contact them, there must have been a mistake.

I have ordered brackets in the high double-digit numbers along with I8 profile from Motedis and i have never found something not fitting.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back