AMS2 Ultrawide settings

I recently got a Samsung G9 Ultrawide for my rig and while I've found it easy to set up with ACC, AC and iRacing (great that the latest update included 'Curve screen' support), I'm struggling to find a way of setting up the cockpit view in Automobilista 2 without distortion.

The 'Triple Screen' option is greyed out for me in the options too (if like ACC this would fix it). Can't seem to find anything online about this. Is anyone here using a G9 with AMS2 and how do you have it set up?

Many titles do not support (or properly/fully support) ultrawide monitors....and not just racing games.

I believe AMS 2 has yet to be updated to work with 32:9 aspect ratio...but hopefully will be soon!

Which sim works best in your opinion? We can suggest that as the approach for Reiza to take :)

Which sim works best in your opinion?

Thanks both for the replies. ACC works best for me right now (I can live with the seams between the projections), and AC works really well with the Triple Screen app.

Although iRacing have included that curved screen option, there is still some weird distortion going on there, mostly noticeable with the scenery. For example, when rotating the car through Turn 1 at Spa, the trees warp between the projections.

• Deleted member 197115

ACC triple screen (not natively supported by UE4) is one performance killer and still has that seam, it's much better after update but still there.
Projection correction was put in specifically for Ultrawide screens, but because it stretches the center of the image applying barrel distortion, you lose some resolution there that is need to compensate with higher Resolution Scale. I think it's a bit better than triple screen and higher res is not as tasking as Kunos triple screen hack.

AC triple screen does it the best, works perfectly with single or multiple monitors, does not have visible seam and has lots of adjustments, CSP also added additional options.
R3E just like AC has very nice triple screen implementation, especially after update so you don't have to mess with startup parameters, it still has tiny visible line between virtual monitors but it's nowhere as bad as ACC where we also have some shadows tone shift at virtual screen junctions.

Although iRacing have included that curved screen option, there is still some weird distortion going on there, mostly noticeable with the scenery. For example, when rotating the car through Turn 1 at Spa, the trees warp between the projections.
Out of curiosity, when you inputted your data into the in-game calculator for the monitor width.....did you use the manufactures width ex. 49 inches or straight across from side to side which the game tells you to do.
I originally had the manufacturer width then noticed the pop up at the bottom of the screen

I don't notice any weird warping on my monitor, but again I'm using a small monitor with much fewer pixels.

• Deleted member 197115

Triple screen dimensions for G9, but I couldn't make triple screen settings work in AMS2 with single monitor. UI just didn't work, neither config file. :unsure:
1640819198318.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Triple screen dimensions for G9, but I couldn't make triple screen settings work in AMS2 with single monitor. UI just didn't work, neither config file. :unsure:
View attachment 528652
Its a pretty hacky way of doing things, especially just for one sim, but I'm wondering if there's a way to split your monitor into 3 virtual monitors then use the triple screen settings? A quick Google found this: https://www.digitaltigers.com/split-4k-monitor-into-multiple-virtual-monitors.asp
I don't know if it makes windows see them as separate displays though, if not then it probably wouldn't work...

(it would be nice if Reiza could just get it to work!)

• Deleted member 197115

I perhaps misunderstood what you were saying, but this picture is just a split of G9 into 3 virtual monitors.
You enter these numbers into any sim properly supporting triple screens and it should work.
Screen width: 401mm
Height: 340mm
Diagonal: 526mm/20.7inch
Angle: 23 degrees

I perhaps misunderstood what you were saying, but this picture is just a split of G9 into 3 virtual monitors.
You enter these numbers into any sim properly supporting triple screens and it should work.
Screen width: 401mm
Height: 340mm
Diagonal: 526mm/20.7inch
Angle: 23 degrees
It might be me that misunderstood. I thought the issue you were having was that you couldn't enter triple settings into ams2 because it saw you only have one monitor. I was just wondering if there's a way to convince windows (and therefore ams2) into thinking the ultrawide is actually 3 monitors.

I don't have an ultrawide so no idea if it's possible, was just thinking out loud to try and help :)

• Deleted member 197115

It might be me that misunderstood. I thought the issue you were having was that you couldn't enter triple settings into ams2 because it saw you only have one monitor. I was just wondering if there's a way to convince windows (and therefore ams2) into thinking the ultrawide is actually 3 monitors.

I don't have an ultrawide so no idea if it's possible, was just thinking out loud to try and help :)
Got it, seems it's only AMS2 that really cares that screens are physical unlike all other sims.
If someone was able to make it work, please share the solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, when you inputted your data into the in-game calculator for the monitor width.....did you use the manufactures width ex. 49 inches or straight across from side to side which the game tells you to do.
I originally had the manufacturer width then noticed the pop up at the bottom of the screen

I don't notice any weird warping on my monitor, but again I'm using a small monitor with much fewer pixels.
I used the 1100/1140 mm measurements I'd found elsewhere on Reddit. I'm going to have a play with the settings to see if I can reduce the warping.

Got it, seems it's only AMS2 that really cares that screens are physical unlike all other sims.
If someone was able to make it work, please share the solution.
The whole ultrawide curved monitor setup is an interesting topic for me. I work for a games developer and I'm going to ask our render engineers if there is a more elegant way of drawing to these displays without using a three virtual screens method.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

The whole ultrawide curved monitor setup is an interesting topic for me. I work for a games developer and I'm going to ask our render engineers if there is a more elegant way of drawing to these displays without using a three virtual screens method.
The right way that nobody seems to be adopting is multi-projection.
Kunos in ACC added "Projection correction", coefficient you enter to introduce barrel distortion cancelling pincushion effect of Ultrawide, the problem with that one that you need to increase resolution scale to compensate for stretched center, very resource wasteful.

Did Reiza ever get 32:9 monitors to work properly with AMS2? Really wanting to go this route, but is a no go if they don't support it as it has become my main sim at the moment.

I have an ultrawide and never had any issues with it.
Mine is 3440x1440, I am not sure if it's considered "Ultra" or not, but it was the widest I could find in my price range. I bought it a bit over a year ago (maybe 2 by now?) and I don't recall having to do anything with Automobilista 2. iRacing was more of a chore (Still is. The interface is still narrow while when I first set it up was as wide as the game. Not sure what I did wrong). ACC just worked fine too.
I'll be happy to screenshot my settings if that helps, although these days I only race a couple of times a week, so it may take me a while to get back here.

I have an ultrawide and never had any issues with it.
Mine is 3440x1440, I am not sure if it's considered "Ultra" or not, but it was the widest I could find in my price range. I bought it a bit over a year ago (maybe 2 by now?) and I don't recall having to do anything with Automobilista 2. iRacing was more of a chore (Still is. The interface is still narrow while when I first set it up was as wide as the game. Not sure what I did wrong). ACC just worked fine too.
I'll be happy to screenshot my settings if that helps, although these days I only race a couple of times a week, so it may take me a while to get back here.
My 34" 3440x1440 does great as well. However, a friend of mine has a 49" Samsung 5120x1440 that make everything look strange in AMS2. Just can't find many success stories on AMS2 with the 49" super ultrawides, and that is my go to sim right now. However, their last update was huge, so was hoping for some good news.

I have a 49 inch Samsung 5120 x 1440 monitor, and i can't say i suffer any distortion or warping.

I posted in the below forum, which has a link to the calculator i have used - that factors in the curve of various monitors.
(Post #9)

Thanks. Just ordered the 49" Samsung Odyssey G9. Should get it by weeks end. Kind of sick to my stomach dropping that much cash, but this hobby ain't cheap ;).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back