AMS2 LogBook

Other AMS2 LogBook v0.87

Login or Register an account to download this content
Zapotekh25 submitted a new resource:

AMS2 LogBook - A Log book for AMS2

Hi,

I'm currently working on a small add-on for Automobilista 2 (which I've called « AMS2 LogBook ») for my personal use. I thought it might be of interest to others. So I'm sharing it with you.

Basically, it's a simple logging program for keeping track of laptimes and finding the best 'AI' level for a class / track combination. I have chosen to make this log file in csv format, so that anyone can use it according to their needs. The file is certainly larger than an optimized database, but...

Read more about this resource...

Nice idea. FWIW, here is a method that has been suggested by Renato to determine AI Strength standard:

Run either Stock Car Pro Series 2023 or F-Ultimate Gen2 at Barcelona (no chicane) and find the AI Strength setting that has them matching your best times. For example, if you get matching lap times with either or both at 105%, that is your AI Strength Standard. Using the same Strength standard, AI drivers at other tracks should post laptimes within 1 second of the simracer (i.e., driving the same model as simracer in multi-vehicle classes).

PS. I added your LogBook to the Appendix of the AMS2 Mod Registry

Last edited:
Nice idea. FWIW, here is a method that has been suggested by Renato to determine AI Strength standard:

Run either Stock Car Pro Series 2023 or F-Ultimate Gen2 at Barcelona (no chicane) and find the AI Strength setting that has them matching your best times. For example, if you get matching lap times with either or both at 105%, that is your AI Strength Standard. Using the same Strength standard, AI drivers at other tracks should post laptimes within 1 second of the simracer (i.e., driving the same model as simracer in multi-vehicle classes).

PS. I added your LogBook to the Appendix of the AMS2 Mod Registry
That's good to know, thank you very much for your feedback !

Been looking for something like this, looks amazing, but I cant get it to work... I run AMS2_log.exe and it comes up saying "waiting for UDP - press escape to exit", all good, run AMS2, run some laps, exit and AMS2_log has closed, nothing in the CSV sheet... I have set Shared Memory to PCars2 as you state... UDP Freq and UDP protocol you dont mentioned, but tried various freq, inc off, assumed protocol should be PCArs2 also, but no luck... I have noticed if I alt tab out of AMS2 that AMS2_log is closed as soon as AMS2 starts... if I attempted to restart AMS2_log it just closes instantly... is there anything daft I am missing, would really love to get this working...

Thanks though for all your hard work on this...

Nice work. I haven't seen it yet but is it possible to keep the old records and make somekind of TOP20 lap times of all time (with date , time etc...). I would love that.

Been looking for something like this, looks amazing, but I cant get it to work... I run AMS2_log.exe and it comes up saying "waiting for UDP - press escape to exit", all good, run AMS2, run some laps, exit and AMS2_log has closed, nothing in the CSV sheet... I have set Shared Memory to PCars2 as you state... UDP Freq and UDP protocol you dont mentioned, but tried various freq, inc off, assumed protocol should be PCArs2 also, but no luck... I have noticed if I alt tab out of AMS2 that AMS2_log is closed as soon as AMS2 starts... if I attempted to restart AMS2_log it just closes instantly... is there anything daft I am missing, would really love to get this working...

Thanks though for all your hard work on this...
Hi,
Sorry to hear that.
At first glance it looks like the program crashes when writing the CSV file. It could happen when you run Ams2_log.exe in a directory in which it has no write access. Or the CSV file is already open ? (make sure to close it before launching the log, otherwise it cannot write the file).

Can you try again by placing your directory in another folder (other than program files) ?

n.b : In the next version, I will include error detection and messages... beginner mistake !

Sorry again.

Thanks for your update... I uninstalled AMS2 totally, cleared all folders, after reinstall still instant shut of the app... I have popped it in the AMS2 root folder, downloads etc, all the same... I also opened the app as administrator and AMS2 as administrator, still instant shut... I am not opening the CSV file while testing this...

I will try again with the next version, so not a problem...

Ta
Simon

Thanks for your update... I uninstalled AMS2 totally, cleared all folders, after reinstall still instant shut of the app... I have popped it in the AMS2 root folder, downloads etc, all the same... I also opened the app as administrator and AMS2 as administrator, still instant shut... I am not opening the CSV file while testing this...

I will try again with the next version, so not a problem...

Ta
Simon
I'll PM you.

Thanks again for helping me get this running, it is great... if you are looking for improvements, my ideas would be...

* Lists of most popular cars used and tracks used... its in game, but only top 3, ne nice to know that hey, I have run 500 laps at Monza.
* Option to have friendly names for series... i.e. I can rename F1-Gen2 to F1 - 1996 for example... being able to add a little picture of the car in question would be even better :)

Thanks again for all your efforts...

Help, it doesn't work for me, I have this setting
PCars2,1,PCars2
when I try to load the data nothing appears with simhub everything works for me,,

Hi, your app seems great but it doesn't work. I get this error message when I click on the exe (with a shortcut on the desktop). If I put back the exe in the folder, it opens but it doesn't record my lap times.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-12-04 213224.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2023-12-04 213224.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 35
Thanks again for helping me get this running, it is great... if you are looking for improvements, my ideas would be...

* Lists of most popular cars used and tracks used... its in game, but only top 3, ne nice to know that hey, I have run 500 laps at Monza.
* Option to have friendly names for series... i.e. I can rename F1-Gen2 to F1 - 1996 for example... being able to add a little picture of the car in question would be even better :)

Thanks again for all your efforts...
Hi,

Thanks! Great suggestions. I've added the popular cars and tracks list to my to-do list.

As for the pictures, I plan to do that, but it's time-consuming, so it won't be happening very soon (I've got the hotlaps challenges to complete first ;-)).

Regarding the series renaming, I'll consider it. It's a good idea.

Thanks again for your feedback !

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea