AMS proper terrain mapping in blender

HI guys. Im bringing another tip how i'm properly and with ease making uv maps for terrain in blender and which works with rz terrain shader - mapped vertex colour (base shader for the terrain which mixing 4 different types of textures together).

Simply i create plane which is fully covering the terrain.
UVMap - works like UV map for base 4 textures with grass, dustm gravel etc.
I unwrap this plane and scale it up in UV editor 500times. Its based of the size of the track. This works for relatively small Laguna seca.
UVMap.001 - (for rz terrain shader - mapped vertex colour this UV map is not used so i leave it same as UVMap. in this case here could be UV map for different type of diffuse map (for example rocky clifs around the track).
Just i make a copy of the first UVMap.
UVMap.002 - works like UV map for Terrainpainting texture (mixture of mangenta cyan texture which is the base texture for terrain variation)
I do a copy from the second map and unwrap it with Projects from view (Bounds). It will ensure the plane is covering entire texture.
UVMap.003 - works like UV map for Terrainvariation texture (mixture of mangenta cyan texture which is the texture for small terrain variation changes)
I unwrap this plane and scale it up in UV editor 250times. Its based of the size of the track. This works for relatively small Laguna seca.

This plane works like reference for the UV scales.
For terrain object i apply Data transfer modifier which will project the UV scales from the reference plane onto the terrain object so that you can add new polygons without fear. Everything is mapped perfectly.
This plane im also using for exporting tree fake shadows as an png for Terrainpainting alpha channel.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.