AMS Modding - Requests

OH LORD!!! i have just had my eyes opened to what you can do via Photoshop 3D files and painting... i have spent hours and hours and hours, given up at times, spat the dummy hard trying to make good decals and patterns across the friggin front bumper of the SuperV8 when it can be done in SECONDS if the PS 3D file was available

I MUST MUST MUST HAVE THEM!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :D:D:D:D

does anyone know if there are sunch things or can someone convert or something

@alexSchmurtz do you know anything about these perhaps

OH LORD!!! i have just had my eyes opened to what you can do via Photoshop 3D files and painting... i have spent hours and hours and hours, given up at times, spat the dummy hard trying to make good decals and patterns across the friggin front bumper of the SuperV8 when it can be done in SECONDS if the PS 3D file was available

I MUST MUST MUST HAVE THEM!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :D:D:D:D

does anyone know if there are sunch things or can someone convert or something

@alexSchmurtz do you know anything about these perhaps

Ive always wanted to try this but never was never able to find the right files to do it. It would speed up painting by 1000x for me.

Ive always wanted to try this but never was never able to find the right files to do it. It would speed up painting by 1000x for me.

for sure mate... i lost sleep over hw easy it would be, was even pestering the wife by explaining all my pain and angst could be averted and all the extra family time that could be had if these files were made available for the cars

I was just thinking we need a good grass roots Touring Car Mod. Both Front and rear wheel drive.Preferably something more likely to b e seen at a regional event with the odd race attched to a national or international weekend.

Just throwing some idea out there; some of them pretty niche, some of them probably stuff that a lot of people would like to see. Obviously, I don't have expectations that people will pick up on these, but possibly the moders will find something of interest ;)

Cars:
-Lotus Cortina; and/or any other historic touring/gt/prototype (F1 is pretty much covered in AMS :p) cars you can think off, AMS actually allows you to remove lifting on upshifts and throttle blips on downshifts so racing these cars without a fully automatic gearbox is much easier for someone with absolutely terrible pedals (main reason can't drive historic stuff in rf2).
-Prototype P2 and/or Daytona Prototype; IMSA series has been really popular in last couple of years, it's a shame not to have these cars recreated in a lot of sims. Personally, I always felt P1 cars were a bit too fast and chaotic for exciting racing (modern F1 syndrom if you will).
-GT2/GTLM/GTE; I know that with GT3 mods coming it's extremely unlikely, but man can hope, right?
-european touring cars; BTCC/WTCC, doesn't matter. I am starting to love touring cars that are already in AMS, but tapping into that nostalgia from Race 07 (WTCC 07/08!), in updated engine, would probably feel great! We already have BMW, thanks to @Franklin Stegink, it would be great to see the rest of the line up.
- DTM; modern or historic, for all the obvious reasons!
Circuits:
-Okayama
-Zolder
-Norisring
-'standard' VLM creations like Mid-Ohio, Sebring etc
- Sonoma
- Road Atlanta

Maybe someone spots a 'project' they would like to start. Personally, I have no idea how to do this stuff, so respect to you guys 'cause you consistently blow my mind. :D

Just throwing some idea out there; some of them pretty niche, some of them probably stuff that a lot of people would like to see. Obviously, I don't have expectations that people will pick up on these, but possibly the moders will find something of interest ;)

Cars:
-Lotus Cortina; and/or any other historic touring/gt/prototype (F1 is pretty much covered in AMS :p) cars you can think off, AMS actually allows you to remove lifting on upshifts and throttle blips on downshifts so racing these cars without a fully automatic gearbox is much easier for someone with absolutely terrible pedals (main reason can't drive historic stuff in rf2).
-Prototype P2 and/or Daytona Prototype; IMSA series has been really popular in last couple of years, it's a shame not to have these cars recreated in a lot of sims. Personally, I always felt P1 cars were a bit too fast and chaotic for exciting racing (modern F1 syndrom if you will).
-GT2/GTLM/GTE; I know that with GT3 mods coming it's extremely unlikely, but man can hope, right?
-european touring cars; BTCC/WTCC, doesn't matter. I am starting to love touring cars that are already in AMS, but tapping into that nostalgia from Race 07 (WTCC 07/08!), in updated engine, would probably feel great! We already have BMW, thanks to @Franklin Stegink, it would be great to see the rest of the line up.
- DTM; modern or historic, for all the obvious reasons!
Circuits:
-Okayama
-Zolder
-Norisring
-'standard' VLM creations like Mid-Ohio, Sebring etc
- Sonoma
- Road Atlanta

Maybe someone spots a 'project' they would like to start. Personally, I have no idea how to do this stuff, so respect to you guys 'cause you consistently blow my mind. :D

Working for me at the tracks is to difficult for me.

I am glad that i have figured out to rebuild the cars.
I shall look if i can make a wtcc mod with legal cars.

Oh yeah, completely forgot to include it in my little 'list'! BMW m1 would probably be a lot of fun. That said, I believe it was turbo charged in real life, and I am not sure if reiza changed the code of the physics engine so that it supports turbo modeling. Even if they did then, conversions from rf1 wouldn't have proper turbo modeling and would probably require an overhaul of physics.

Hell, if it wasn't for that turbo 'issue' I would maybe even tackle that mod myself considering I may have some time in next few weeks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back