Amp for tactile Transducers

So I did a bit more research and plenty of looking....

Scenario
What is the best suited and most affordable amp we can find for powering Buttkickers? As Behringers NXD series seems rather expensive in USA or other regions (is good price in UK) what can we find as an alternative.

Buttkicker 4ohm models.

BK Mini
BK Advance
BK LFE

Also with good controls and an amp that supports 300watt but importantly also features not just a fixed but manually adjustable crossover from 40Hz-300Hz. Using a mild -12dB slope of bass attenuation.

I believe this is a great option from Douk Audio (Nobsound) with excellent features
* Using TPA3255D2 amp chip equipped with 32V/5A large power supply, is enough to drive 320W subs/speakers

Nobsound G2PRO

Easily available worldwide on Amazon or Ebay the price is rather amazing too.
Amazon UK
Amazon.com

It will certainly power the medium sized BK Advance okay and I still think as Shakeit has a high energy output we may find it also okay for the largest BK LFE units. This would need to be tested and confirmed.
@Mr Latte could you recommend me a good amp to power 2x Buttkicker mini concerts please

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update, this area is such a minefield to find info on. Would this nobsound g2pro, run 2 X Reckhorn BS-200i pucks (Power Handling (RMS): 100 Watts, Impulse Power (2 seconds): 200 Watts, Impedance: 4 Ohm ? or would I need 1 amp per Puck? If i was looking to run 4x pucks on my rig?
I have a similar question. I figured id post here instead of starting a new post. I have 4 buttkicker Mini LFEs on the way and i need suggestions on the amp(s) to run. would 2 of these be sufficient? What are the specifications to look for in a amp for good tactile?

Upvote 0
What are the specifications to look for in a amp for good tactile?
Damping factor seems underappreciated.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damping_factor
Shakers are motors of a sort, but also generators.
While that is also true of loudspeakers,
their diaphragms are low mass driving elastic air.
Meanwhile, shakers are lashed to substantial masses,
which inertias return lots of energy to be damped.
A damping ratio based only on source and load resistances is naive.

On the other hand, particularly given popularity of class D,
amplifiers basically have limits on voltage and current, rather than nominal power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Mr Latte could you recommend me a good amp to power 2x Buttkicker mini concerts please

Yes, Behringer NX1000D as it will support 2-8ohm and can pretty much run any transducer.

It also includes DSP controls. If you ever think you might upgrade to the larger BK then I would recommend spending a little more on the NX3000D as it has more wattage.

They are so popular and one of the most bought amps that you may find them hard to get in-stock. Note that they do have quite loud fans but most people do a simple fan swap (voids warranty) with Noctua fans.

Search the forums you will find lots of discussions on these amps...
Most people getting serious about tactile, these are the amps you will find in many people's rigs/homes.

I do not follow or post in the tactile thread anymore and generally spend much less time now on these forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes