F1 2010 Amount of people online?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

This might be a slightly niave question but its one ive always wondered about. F1 2010 obviously sold thousands of copies worldwide so why when you go online do you get such a small amount of ppl playing? On average theres normally about 15-20 rooms and on the odd occasion as little as 5-10 rooms to choose from, most of which you are unable to join because they are in game at the time.

If theres so many ppl buying this game throughout the world (same as i found with Forza 3), then why is it so hard to find online races. Surely there should be a serious amount of rooms to choose from? Same applies to the quick modes where a lot of the time theres no one playing. I cant be the only person wanting to play in banned assists rooms on this planet?

Thats why I don't even bother playing this awesome game anymore. Finding a room is very difficult. Also, you cannot search on if assists are on or off. I like to play off, but are very hard to find. Its a pity that when you are in a room, nobody can drive. I don't mind someone crashing into me in first corner and driving last place, since most of the time I can get the 1st guy anyway in 1 or 2 laps. No challenge at all here.

I hear what your saying :)

When i do find a bunch of guys that play with no assists we have some unbelieavable racing, this is when i find the game somewhat superb. Im sure ppl have good races in rooms with assists on as well. But the ones i tend to join seem to be full off retards that dont like braking for the first corner or that think that defending position consists of running you off the track or into a wall. I have no idea why so many ppl find it so hard to keep their car in a straight line as well, a lot of them prefer the Zig Zagging approach down straights and thorugh turns and then blame you for being in the way when contact is made. I dont know what im ranting about this as this wasnt the point of my post but still.. lol.

Chris, you could try to keep your own thread on topic!

As of now, on the xbox360, 4.44pm uk, 22nd November, There are 123,913 gamertags that have entered the online leaderboard. (I'm 1435 at the moment). It has increased since the patch as there werer only about 102,000 on there up until then.

I find there are many lobbies online at all times of the day, but on the xbox you can only join one when a race is not in progress - there is no list as such. This is ok in a way as you can join as a party - so just invite people over to the lobby to race if you know they are online.

Not sure about PC or PS3 versions and volume of use?

That may be true but when talking about online lobbies/rooms theres only ever 20 odd rooms with maybe a couple that are waiting for ppl to join (the rest in a race). Let says that in these 20 rooms theres an average of 5 ppl in each room (theres always quite a few rooms with only 1 or 2 ppl in). Thats 20x5 = 100.

100 ppl playing online racing in the world on xbox? Doesnt seem right.

Yes sorry about not keeping my thread on topic :)

On the pc side of things its even less. Let's hope Codemasters will learn from this for F1 2011. The lobbies lack too much:
- no written chat; you are just waiting and waiting, no clue if the host is awake or not.
- no possibility to see in which session the race weekend progressed

But given the fact this game sold like mad (2,000,000 plus copies I believe) the amount of gamers online is just sad. Thanks God for the racing club :)

That may be true but when talking about online lobbies/rooms theres only ever 20 odd rooms with maybe a couple that are waiting for ppl to join (the rest in a race). Let says that in these 20 rooms theres an average of 5 ppl in each room (theres always quite a few rooms with only 1 or 2 ppl in). Thats 20x5 = 100.

100 ppl playing online racing in the world on xbox? Doesnt seem right.

Thats just the people you can find - if the lobby is full you cant join, and there are private sessions going on too.

I agree that it wasnt thought out well, and the penalty system (though a good idea) doesnt work properly, which may be scaring people off?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back