Alright when was that again.....?

What strikes me as odd, is why sim developers have not tapped into this resource.
These guys clearly like simracing and do it as a hobby but also for the competitiveness associated with it.
I heard the name Rfactor (I'll assume RF2) mentioned frequently during that interview.
You've got a guy like Emmerson Fittipaldi saying the car does not feel anything like his actual car felt. He then proceeds to plug the numbers in and get it feeling like it should.
Why is S397 and other developers not taking advantage of that information by having those guys submit the setups after they perfect them?
Those can then be used as the 'gold standard' for development.
These guys have...after all, driven the cars and know what they should feel like.
Seems like a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
Honda

so you think he can’t beat Ham, and Max is the same levell to Bottas :roflmao: :mad: where do you find this wishdom?
if you can find the statitics at the age of bought at 23j old, you will think again.

Not at all, I think Verstappen would be a great contender to Hamilton in the same car, but from Mercedes point of view they don't want/need their 2nd driver to be to the same caliber/cost of Hamilton. There's no benefit to them unless Hamilton is about to retire. All they would be doing is spending more money to still finish 1st and 2nd (regardless of which way around they finish). Merc doesn't need to spend extra cash just to compete against themselves.

Besides the Mercs the top ten seems very competitive. Besides the Mercs and Max Verstappen that is, he's in a league of his own out there. While he's car isn't as fast as the Mercs he seems to be getting better at hanging onto the back of them and leaving the rest of the pack behind. I'd really love to see him in a car equal to Lewis, I'm starting to get the feeling Lewis may retire soon, so we may never get to see the two race on equal footing.

Battle for third was interesting, can't believe Perez doesn't have a drive for next year. He's one of the best.

Not at all, I think Verstappen would be a great contender to Hamilton in the same car, but from Mercedes point of view they don't want/need their 2nd driver to be to the same caliber/cost of Hamilton. There's no benefit to them unless Hamilton is about to retire. All they would be doing is spending more money to still finish 1st and 2nd (regardless of which way around they finish). Merc doesn't need to spend extra cash just to compete against themselves.
OK, but it would be nice to have a 1-2, 2-1, 2-1, 1-2 :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hulk is a good driver but being put into the sub position twice for force india has shown little promise. He has not got the knowledge of the car as the existing driver or the millage. Drivers who have done the same have said it is hard to acclimate to a car with short notice. He deserves a full time drive. He has the skill talent and fitness to get some more years out of the sport. He has not scored well in F1 and i believe he has not shown his full potential as a F1 driver.

There is just too much pressure from RBR to reach Max' level immediately. Max is naturally talented and very quick. The added pressure for any upcoming #2 to reach his level immediately is always going to be a problem. It causes them to make mistakes they don't seem to ordinarily make. That is not the seat for everyone. Look at Gasly now that he is not being so heavily scrutinized. He is proving to be a much more relaxed and thus... a better driver.

Add in that several drivers have noted RBR cars are espescially challenging to drive. They have a lead driver in Verstappen who can keep on top of the car and leverage its full potential, but they seem to be churning-and-burning development drivers in search of another alien-level talent who can extract consistency and speed from their vehicle. Honestly, if I was in the shoes of whoever they'll try to promote in Albon's place, I'm not sure I'd take the offer.

I am not even sure that is what they expect from Albon at the moment. Sometimes it looks that they are happy for him to play the lab rat to help them sort out Verstappen's strategy (like pitting way too early with a strange choice of tires) and fake exciting driving by overtaking a bunch of slower cars.

In the race at the very last minute, and then goes from last to 8th after just four laps of "practice". The choice is obvious for me. I ask again, why is this man not racing full-time this year?! If he was established in the team with full prep and practice, I reckon he'd put-perform Stroll even on his worst day.

Annoyed once again though by completely pointless penalties over what amount to nothing more than racing incidents. I mean, they're literally making F1 into a sport where taking any kind of risk is close to being outlawed. Easy DRS pass or nothing seems to be their attitude. If the cars really are "fixed" for 2022 then the thing that will still prevent any overtaking during races will be drivers being too afraid of getting a penalty for breathing on another car.

Also the safety car... was that really necessary? I know some will argue that it "improved the show", and for me that's exactly what it felt like... someone looking for any excuse to throw the safety car out there to close up the field. To me that isn't racing. That's manufactured entertainment, just like DRS and all the other stupid gimmicks that keep being bandied around at the moment. Improve the cars, level the playing field, and ditch the artificial BS, please.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back