Alright when was that again.....?

Firstly it was a great race and they should consider this beautiful track going forward. The problem we have at the moment is the rules and restrictions. At the moment it's all down to the cars, not the drivers, otherwise you wouldn't have the procession of Mercedes, Mercedes, Racing Point, Racing Point, Redbull, Redbull, Ferrari, Ferrari (on average) in practice sessions to qualifying lineup. Hamilton has had a lucky break over the last few years as a result, as no one can touch Mercedes. IMO, he is no better than the rest of the drivers on the grid. Take a look at "Pay to drive" and "Daddy owns the team" Lance Stroll - he's up there, simply because it's a Mercedes engine with a Mercedes copied chassis!

the reason for the crash was Russel trying to be smart to get a run up on the rest of the filed, but he mis-counted and had to back down, while all the rest of the drivers behind him though the race is at full speed
I wouldn't blame people in the back, as it might be very hard to see what's happening so much in front of them,

the solution should be to to be allowed to intentionally create a gap so that you can accelerate early and try to count it to overtake behind the starting line

removing the starting line rule can also work, so that everyone would floor it as soon as there is a green / leader starts, but then he could floor it after T1 ? to protect his spot ?

so yeah,maybe remove the not pass before starting line , but give the option to leader to start all the way until T1 , so that he isn't put into big disadvantage on tracks with long start/finish straight

and as it was pointed out, it's funny that teenagers in F2 were fine

Last edited:
What went wrong? Just a bunch of idiots on the grid and behind the wheel, thats all.

And F1 proves again that these kids are not the best in the world. Just rich kids.

Yea why comparing Nascar or Supercars to F1?

Rolling restarts are not new to F1 .... see history... ie 2001 where Montoya passed Schumacher at Interlagos.

CART/Indycar drivers are better at it. :p

You can barely see whats going on around you with modern cars (for a good reason).
But the downside is that it gets more difficult to judge the situation around them.

In the old days a driver could see much more of their surroundings, now they have to contact the pitwall to ask if there is any damage visible on parts just sitting next to them.

Last edited:
Ricciardo drove another excellent race this weekend, the latest in a string of great drives. He's really made me a fan this year as he consistently gets the best out of the Renault. It'll be interesting to see what he can do in a Mclaren.

Albon did well too, but you know that if Max hadn't got into trouble, he'd be many seconds ahead of him, so you've got to take that into account, surely. Nevertheless, happy for him that he got on the podium. Sad about Gasly though, not what he'd want after last weekend's triumph.

Nothing went wrong!!! It's called racing!!!
It would be wrong if after that moment someone deliberately throwed his car against another in hanger!!!

Last edited:
i am going to start downloading mods for the first time and was wondering if i could have multiple liveries installed for both my driver career, and my team all at once? or a combination of liveries and different helmets, etc..

Last edited:
The 'crossed the finish line' rule IS basically the rule responsible for the pileup. There's a simple solution; take that responsibility away from the leader, hold the red light and let the field loose on green. If you get passed on the way to T1, tough. Its called racing.
In F2 the leader did the same thing Bottas did here(twice), no problems at the restart.
I remember Vettel doing the same thing in Baku a couple of years ago, no crashes on that day either.

The simple answer is Russell tried to outsmart(with a move we often see in simracing btw) everyone and it backfired.

Back in the day this sort of accident was handled with a 'we crashed because some tit went early. **** happends, move on'.

Nowadays, everything must be analyzed down to a minute detail, everyone questions the rules, 12 drivers get warnings and what not. How about this: STFU, accept motorsport is dangerous and crashes happen and move on. This wasnt Bottas, is wasnt anyone particular, it wasnt the FIA (ffs Hamilton), it was an unfortunate circumstance and misunderstanding that let to a crash that has happened many times in the past. Back then drivers got out, dusted themselves off and went to the backup car if they had one. This playstation generation of drivers (except Kimi) basically need to grow some balls, man up, shut up and drive.

I think you have a point here. I'm all for safety and keeping the races moving along smoothly, but sometimes it feels like all we ever hear is how boring the races are, so predictable, nothing ever happens, etc...and then something totally wild happens and all we hear is this is so outrageous, what kind of rinky dink operation is this, so and so needs a penalty, etc.

Again, safety first, but at some point you have to say "that's racing". It's fast cars driving impossibly close to one another. The carbon fiber is going to fly now and again.

Please use the dedicated forum section for that question. You just used the section for the real F1, not the game.

Here is a thread, dedicated to all modding questions related to F1 2020. Youll get more help, there.

---

You can install several mods, but you cant use different liveries for different game modes, only, if you are re-installing them every time.
But you can install several mods, just not several for one car.

Edit: It was like that for years, maybe something changed with the My Team mode.

Last edited:
I guess the only way to see who is at fault is to get a printout of the throttle maps from teams and see who floored it first and when. All the drivers involved where called into meetings. Maybe we will see that on drive to survive. But i think they may be private and not allow cameras.
It is everyone’s responsibility to safely make a move around a car in front of them and the guys in the back did not do this. Maybe they need to review how it is done in IndyCar.
I don't watch Indy Car but a sports reporter said similar things have happened. They are very different in how things are done and i don't like the copy cat philosophy, We need to find what is best for F1.

it wasnt the FIA (ffs Hamilton),
The problem is once everyone starts throwing around accusations then people start defending themselves so they don't feel like they're accepting guilt by being silent. Hamilton was probably just defending his teams points by saying there shouldn't be any blame on Bottas.

Correct, he did that, but that is not what I'm talking about. Hamilton accused the FIA for making the 'when the leader decides to go, we go' rule (I cant remember the exact wording) as a rule to spice things up, make it more of a show, thereby indirectly directing blame for the incident on the FIA. Thats what I was referring to. Its certainly not FIA at fault here, it was the 'tard on the grid who decided to chance it and throttled up first, only to see it backfire and having to put the anchors on again. That creates an accordion effect which inevitable leads to a crash. It has happened many times before from opportunistic driving and it will happen again.

Last edited:
I think you have a point here. I'm all for safety and keeping the races moving along smoothly, but sometimes it feels like all we ever hear is how boring the races are, so predictable, nothing ever happens, etc...and then something totally wild happens and all we hear is this is so outrageous, what kind of rinky dink operation is this, so and so needs a penalty, etc.

Again, safety first, but at some point you have to say "that's racing". It's fast cars driving impossibly close to one another. The carbon fiber is going to fly now and again.
I agree. I'm all for increased safety, noone likes to see people get hurt, but safety is also a show killer. Countless tracks have been neutured to improve safety. It worked, tracks got safer, but the exitement, character and charisma of the curcuits disappeared. The latest example is all the f..... asphalt runoffs. It looks crap first of all and it presents no consequence to overdrive a corner. Mugello is oldschool; you run wide, you crash like Norris found out. Its possible to have character, charisma and exitement on a racetrack, in a safe manner, without stupid asphalt runoffs. Look at Stroll, he crashed at 180mph through gravel and didnt even have as much as a bend eyelid hair after the impact.

Last edited:
I agree. I'm all for increased safety, noone likes to see people get hurt, but safety is also a show killer. Countless tracks have been neutured to improve safety. It worked, tracks got safer, but the exitement, character and charisma of the curcuits disappeared. The latest example is all the f..... asphalt runoffs. It looks crap first of all and it presents no consequence to overdrive a corner. Mugello is oldschool; you run wide, you crash like Norris found out. Its possible to have character, charisma and exitement on a racetrack, in a safe manner, without stupid asphalt runoffs. Look at Stroll, he crashed at 180mph through gravel and didnt even have as much as a bend eyelid hair after the impact.

herman tilke unfortunately disagrees :) asphalt runoffs ruins the racing and gives drivers like max opportunity to overtake outside the white lines..
happened sometime in Austin.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea