Alright when was that again.....?

Hi. I have a question regarding the onboard footage and telemetry. Everybody in the simracing community teaches how to trail brake into a corner, but then, when they show footage with telemetry, you can see that brakes are applied in full and then quickly released. But you can see the throttle modulating and you can see the different stages through a corner.
So I have the following questions:
1. Are they not trail braking? I hardly believe so, but I have to ask, maybe I am wrong.
2. Is the transmission not sending the real data to the screen? If they can do it for throttle, why would they leave it out for the brakes?

You did not hear Albon saying after the Q2 at the radio "why did you release me into the traffic, i told you..."

And why crashtappen has waited?

Red Bull still borking verstappen's team mate, after Gasly now Albon.

There is gaz into the water.

let that happen to everyone in F1 sometimes ...yeah **** happens
It's not crashstappen,
it's just called Max maybe you're confused ;)

I understand where you want to go .. Albon just has to accelerate pull the trottle down just like Bottas has to at Merc. Easy.

It has always been a bit of a joke really for deciding who is the best 'driver'...as for finding out the best team it's fantastic!
Depends what you watch it for.
To me it is simply about the teams and the drivers play a part yes, but I think Stroll and Perez have inconclusively shown even to the most ardent "its about the driver" types, that it is really about the car under you...
what I've been saying for years, so I'm pleased that the Racing Point cars are so good and making the point crystal clear to everyone.

Hi. I have a question regarding the onboard footage and telemetry. Everybody in the simracing community teaches how to trail brake into a corner, but then, when they show footage with telemetry, you can see that brakes are applied in full and then quickly released. But you can see the throttle modulating and you can see the different stages through a corner.
1. Are they not trail braking? I hardly believe so, but I have to ask, maybe I am wrong.
2. Is the transmission not sending the real data to the screen? If they can do it for throttle, why would they leave it out for the brakes?

Because it is an F1 car and what they press doesn't represent 100% what they are doing.

In an F1 car and many modern race cars you can just stamp on the stop pedal and the trick bits do the rest...

aero

Psychologists to a F1 Fan: Mercedes 1-2-3-4 is not real, it can't hurt you!
Mercedes : Mercedes 1-2-3-4
KDDuCic.png
Not sure if these are reliable or not
source

Last edited:
Jim LayeeTakes one to know one.Hamilton fanboys awash on here. Don't like politics in any sport whether football ,or anything else.If Hamilton and the American owners want to have a view do it outside the race weekend.

Pay a lot of money to watch F1 so don't expect their views ramming down my throat.

It was for the "virtue signaller" remark .

Lewis best driver, highest paid driver best team, looks like the system works to me, if you're the best no matter what race you are F1 wants you come on !!

The way that Merc takes corners is genuinely jawdropping. Can't help but admire the engineering work.

And a newsflash for some of you: In F1 it has (nearly) always been the car, but you also need a pretty damn fantastic driver to take that car to the absolute limit. Discrediting Hamilton for what he's achieved is absurd. In that case you should also discredit Vettel, Schumacher, Senna, Prost etc etc. But noooo, things were always better in the past... *sarcasm*

I'm far from being a Hamilton fan, but with the way he's performed throughout his entire career there's no doubt he's one of the all time greats.
If you are far from being a Hamilton fan then you can surely agree that since joining Merc he hasn't had an equal calibre driver as a team-mate, making those 5 titles with Merc a cake-walk, and would have been 6 but for car failures. This year will be another title and will probably be even easier with Bottas plus the RP cars buffering him from any threat. I know Hamilton fans are loving it, but F1 fans would have preferred Hamilton to have had Ricciardo, Vettel or Verstappen as a team mate. When cars required more skill and bravery, the likes of Senna, Mansell and Prost had serious competition from their team-mates.

He would outqualify whoever is his teammate, for sure.

Alfa has a driver problem. Giovinazzi is underachieving and as much as I like Kimi, it’s time for him to retire.

And? But would he be winning?

NO.

It is about the car you are in, hence now we have Merc 1-2-3-4........

Where as in MotoGP you get riders making the difference.
Brundle says its 10% driver in F1....which i think is actually a high estimate..

Is Stroll better than Dani or Max? In the space of 6 months?

If you are far from being a Hamilton fan then you can surely agree that since joining Merc he hasn't had an equal calibre driver as a team-mate, making those 5 titles with Merc a cake-walk, and would have been 6 but for car failures. This year will be another title and will probably be even easier with Bottas plus the RP cars buffering him from any threat. I know Hamilton fans are loving it, but F1 fans would have preferred Hamilton to have had Ricciardo, Vettel or Verstappen as a team mate. When cars required more skill and bravery, the likes of Senna, Mansell and Prost had serious competition from their team-mates.

I can sort of agree that Hamilton hasn't had quite an equal team-mate yes. Rosberg and Bottas at their best are very close though and I'd say they are "serious" competition. They both are absolute top class drivers but they haven't got the respect they deserve just because often the tenths and hundreths were just that tiniest bit on Hamilton's side. But then again, Schumacher never had an equal team-mate either and people still praise him.

Ofcourse I too would like to see Hamilton and Verstappen going at it with equal cars, but it doesn't take away from Hamiltons ability to nail the perfect laps almost everytime when he's being pushed hard by others. His natural speed and ability to perform under pressure are unquestionable.

The one thing I don't buy at all is that you needed "more skill" with older cars. Bravery, maybe yes, but even a modern era racing driver doesn't think about "what ifs". They need a different set of skills now, but to get the absolute most out of the cars when it matters will always be just as difficult. The more technical things keep getting, the more the drivers need to perfect every single little detail to make a difference and the margin for error grows smaller all the time.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea