AC Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT 12 @ Le Circuit Mt-Tremblant 1969 - Tue 19th March 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If I put on races with 'proper' cars I don't get the numbers because it's too difficult. If I put on races with 'easy' cars I still don't get great numbers.

I'd be interested to know why most of the Weds & Sunday crowd don't join. Is it that Tuesday is bad i.e. too much racing or don't you like the cars or tracks? If I get little feedback then it's difficult to know how to increase the grid sizes.

Laurent, lets face it you're an alien in these cars and win pretty much every race. For us mortal earth dwellers these are a fun car to throw around. On a fast track I find them quite a thrill. I guess you need just need a higher level of challenge.

It's simcade and they seem to love it since it's so easy to drive fast.
Yeah well you are both wrong. It is not easy to drive fast and it is not too fast. It was as quick as F1 cars of the time. Yes it has its quirks, but it is not simcade as you call it Laurent. Of course, i forgot you have driven one in real life yeah and in your wisdom you feel you can decide for us what is right or wrong so yes " they" seem to love it. You are a very fast driver mate but without trying to piss on your chips you are only better at moving pixels around a screen than the rest of us period. You are not an expert on the car or maybe not even around when the car was. This "they" is enjoying racing quite close races with the other "theys" thankyou

Okay okay, I don't want to have a fight over this. We had too many good races together. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word 'they' there, I meant 'those who think otherwise about the car'.

Sorry if I'm trying to convince people of what I think/feel about the car. I did enjoy the races before, just not the Tipo.

If I put on races with 'proper' cars I don't get the numbers because it's too difficult. If I put on races with 'easy' cars I still don't get great numbers.

I'd be interested to know why most of the Weds & Sunday crowd don't join. Is it that Tuesday is bad i.e. too much racing or don't you like the cars or tracks? If I get little feedback then it's difficult to know how to increase the grid sizes.

Laurent, lets face it you're an alien in these cars and win pretty much every race. For us mortal earth dwellers these are a fun car to throw around. On a fast track I find them quite a thrill. I guess you need just need a higher level of challenge.
Mate
Only full respect and admiration for what you guys do. Big thank you.
Not a criticism at all. Just I was tagged in a related conversation which led me here, and I aired my view without reading the thread.
I accept my sim tastes are not mainstream. I try every sim, buy the good AC mods, still the most fun I had was driving the Kunos Porsche 962 when I tried it the other day.
The RSS F3 is wicked, the Ginetta GT4 amazing - both enjoyable and easier to drive, hence good racing
For retro a suggestion might be to run the big powerful retro cars (GPL) F1, Group C etc on simpler historic tracks, and the easier-to-drive cars (retro F2, F3, Touring cars on long tracks

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea