Alfa Romeo GTA @ MoiRana / Topeka I'med / Leipzig - Tue 8th Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer_alfa.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 Alfa Romeo GTA
Track: MoiRana / Heartlands Park Intermediate / Leipzig Stadtparkrennen 67
Practice: 15 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 12 laps - The above session timetable will be used for all races.

Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only.
Note3: Heartlands Park is an external link to No-Grip due to hosting restrictions set out in the Read Me file.

Just reinstalled GTL and am now doing all the fixes and getting tracks adjusting settings etc. etc. routine.....will attempt to make this event.

(is there an update for GTL?,im on the fresh install from CD ver.) <--<< scrub: found 1.1.0.0 in dloads :)

The usual good fun again, but apart from Moirana, the tracks were a new mystery for me. Thanks to Sam for his setup's, I would have really struggled without them, mate. The Alfa is such a nice car to drive too.

Moirana: At least I managed to complete the race this time without blowing the engine, the Alfa is made of stearner stuff than the Mini. Qualified in the middle somewhere, spent most of the race about P4 to P6, but made a couple of stupid boo boo's, including a Stop'n'Go penalty on the last lap, which was a surprise since I don't recall getting any previous warnings.

Heartland: The first challenge here was finding a way out of the car park, lol. Thank goodness for the little signs. Qualified about P4 (ish??) and had a good close dice with Amir for most of the race, and was running P3 when the server reset on lap 10. Good race though.

Leipzig: What a track, very fast but you had to be brave (and lucky to avoid the deadly lampposts). Followed Sam very closely through Qualy and slotted in just behind him at P2. I learned the track well from "master" Sam. Followed Sam all race, but made a few very tiny mistakes which was all Sam needed to keep some breathing space of about 2 secs. Held a close P2 behind the flying Sam until the server reset again on lap 10. Very strange.

Thanks everyone, and especially Stuart for his organisation. I don't think the server resets (whatever caused them) were a concern, we had good races still. :good:

Despite Warren's protestations to the contrary (for which my thanks), I'm still a little disappointed in the way things went.

The server resets are obviously very disappointing, and I've been unable to find any rhyme or reason for them.

The fact that they were mostly in good races was really galling. It must have been especially so for poor old Bob. I hope he won't mind me saying that - as he was very new to the whole GTL thing - he's been paying his dues towards the back of the grid doing the learning thing, but last night whenever he was doing well - Bam! down it went. Sorry man. :disapointed:

The sudden stop/go's out of nowhere are always a pain in the proverbial too. No matter how much testing I do (and I did a decent amount for last night) some things like this can creep in without me ever experiencing it.

In better news, the Alfa was as good fun as ever, MoiRana's establishing itself as a good venue, Topeka was a great track, which I (unfairly as it turned out) initially blamed for the reset, and Leipzig has that great asset of needing balance between risk and danger.

I hope we don't get any re-occurrences tomorrow of the niggly stuff in the 904s - we're using a default and a League tested track, so I'm hopeful.

Like Warren I only knew Moirana of the 3 tracks we raced. Was doing quite well in the first race too, having a dice with Stu, then unfortunately Simon went of track ahead of us and collected me when his car veered back on track. No worries, completely unavoidable:good:

Heartland. Complete bloody mystery, even finding the track was an effort. Once on track things didn't improve much either. Just couldn't learn the track well enough in the few laps practice, and quali was a nightmare,so much so I sat it out after 2 aborted runs. Had a real good start and what with a few shennanigans up front, I could see 2,3,4,5,6 just ahead of me. But that was about the highest I got. Had a spin which put me back amongst Bob, Matt and Ulli which was huge fun a we took it in turn to take excursion off track. Server reset itself on lap 10 which TBH was a relief.

Liepzig - Hell of a track, easier to learn and muchos fun, although as Gary said you had to watch out for the lampost's (and not let Ulli's heavy breathing put you off :wink2:) Crashed out on lap 4-5 then again the server reset itself on lap 10.

Cheers to those racing last night, more drivers definitely spices things up a little. Shame about the resets, but as Warren said it didn't detract from the fun of the evening.

Although there hadn’t been a race so far which enriched my racing with so much chaos and stumbling stones, I had soooooooo muuuuuuch fuuuuuun :fwd2:

1)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Moirana: no racing experience of this track but Monday night’s practice paid off, expecially having Stu join the action and setting a 1:43min as my point of reference with regards to lap times for this track. Qualifying put me in P ????? I think it was 7 (just wanted to check out the replay and take some pix of this eventful racing night and THE DA*N GAME AGAIN ONLY RECORDED ME SITTING IN THE PARKING LOT FOR 21 SECONDS RRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr although I changed the plr settings!!!:skeleton:) OK :focus:

I liked this track and especially the idea of having you guys improve my regular lap times by at least one second just by driving in front of me, BUT my engine which usually turned itself on automatically once you sit in the grid, decided to mix up this one with some new refreshing variety ….. it didn’t start…. And off you guys went, leaving me behind,

“aaaaaaall by myyyyyself…. I wanna be …… aaaaalll by myself….. “

I then managed to fumble the ignition and starter buttons and began my 1st hunt for the rest of the field no idea about what to come. Yep, I caught up with the field, gained some ground and placed myself somewhere in the middle of the field, when

AVIRA, my anti virus software became jealous of all the attention I paid to GTL and took me to it’s Windows desktop to show me some “beautiful” advertisement! … just wonderful, but this was not supposed to be the end of my last night’s odyssey, not yet. :woot2:

By now, Simon passed me again, and I went for my second pursuit. Soon, I passed him again and “clutched” myself off the track. The track or server misinterpreted my off road excursion as a new way of cheating myself into a new track record and gave me my 1st warning. About a lap later, I entered a turn a little too fast, slid off the track and was prompted with my 1st Stop and Go penalty.

THX for telling me via teamspeak what I was expected to do!

The rest of the race is not worth mentioning. My concentration apparently did not race with me and I have no idea how I finished ;)

2)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Heartland was a blast J. During quail, Matt and I kept taking turns with our laptimes, I beat his, he beat mine etc….Then Warren came and beat the both of us J I was so glad not to have qualified last, but even that wouldn’t ’ve mattered since my engine let me sit in the starting field again.

“aaaaaaall by myyyyyself…. I was again …… aaaaalll by myself….. “

Yet, I had lots of fun once I joined the pack again. Especially my taking turns with Steven… off track we went :tea: Then, I read “next track” at the top of my screen, but that no longer surprised me ;) (as much as the stuttering of the game during some corners @ 48 fps)

3)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Leibniz was the best track so far ! Qualifying granted me P3 and my excitement was displayed to all of you through my headset BBBBREEEATHE :bashful:(Simon recommended to me already to setup a push to talk button but the G25 doesn’t have that many buttons so I decided against it). This time, I made sure to be in the starting field ASAP, just in case my engine didn’t fire up, but all went fine. Unfortunately, I was a little too hesitant at the start (not letting off the clutch quickly to sprint forward) and fell back to P5. A spin in front of me put me to P4 and not for the first time, I had a nice duell with matt. What happened next it beyond me! All the sudden I was 3rd, then 2ed. And then we all got kicked to the next track!

Well, we will hopefully redo this event sometimes cause this was a really nice selection of tracks for the GTA Stu! :thanks:

Why did some of you guys not even show up at some of the races? It read “disqualified” in my info box!!! What happened???

And why did players suddenly go into pit during our Leibniz race? Did this also have to do with the server problems?

It was chaotic, but I had lots of fun regardless :)

“aaaaaaall by myyyyyself…. I was again …… aaaaalll by myself….. “
Roflol!
Concerning the breathing on TS: you can adjust the level on which people can hear you: test out the different settings in the options menu. If you see the green light flashing while simply breathing, increase the level. If you have to shout before the green light blinks: decrease :)

• Matt Crouch

Moved my wheel and stuff around on monday so I could actually race sitting in a chair. However I still haven't got the position right and I'm struggling to find a comfortable seating arrangement. Bit offputting but some amusing races, particularly race 2 in which I couldn't remember the track layout at-all, and with the missing cones and braking marks I ended up turning off onto the wrong layout twice during the race :D. Good race with Bob, Palmer Ham and Ulli
Third race I followed Ulli. We were being fairly consistent while all around cars were flying in various directions. I couldn't capitalise on any of Ullis minor mistakes until one came along a few laps in that gave me third. I carried on for a bit then clipped the kerb on "that" chicane, which put my nose into the ground and flipped me well off the track in to the void in the middle :D
We were all in the pits by the reset because we all messed it up somewhere :wink2: only 3 people left by then I think

I'll check my replays when I get home and if no one has posted by then I'll stick the link up. I take it it's for all 3 races?

Check the .plr file again Ulli, I have sometimes made adjustments only to find they reverted back again once I launched the game. Make sure you save your changes or that it isn't read only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back