AIW Library

My world changed when I learned how to program the AIW files through the program (guitarmaen AIW CAM Editor 4.22), in fact, I signed up for RD exclusively to download this program and thank MJQT for having posted it!

Before I met this program I did several works on the tracks which had kamikaze (AI) pilots who deliberately threw themselves on the walls... with no alternatives, I ended up having to remove or move these walls through 3dsimed or Zmodeler. Other than that, there were many other problems of AIW programming in several other situations: cars too slow in some corners, cars decelerating on straights for no reason, cars making chicanes poorly programmed to be chicanes, because they were only straight in my eyes and my driving, anyway, everything changed from that I learned to work on this program and organize the races the way I wanted!

Well, but even before I knew this program, I was an F1C player and always found some kind of problem in AIW, I was searching for better AIW programmed in other tracks, even RF tracks, that is, I tried an RF AIW in F1C in order to see if I could save this track... for example I have the memory of Porto (Portugal) which is a beautiful track, but which had a stretch with a severe error: the AIs simply slowed down in the middle of the straight... on this particular track, there were several stretches where the AIs hit the corners of the walls, because it is an urban circuit the walls are very close to the track, but this I solved with the works mentioned above, but in the matter of this straight, I had no solution but to try to find another AIW... and that's when I thought of the idea I want to propose to the RD and the gaming communities that work with this type of archive (AIW), that is: the creation of an AIW public library! See, in my case of Porto, this solved, I downloaded at the time the track in the same format as I had, because it is a track converted into formats, but the same work, in this case, I downloaded the RF version and installed in my F1C version and this AIW was perfect on this straight, saving then a great graphic work, but that was being lost because there was bad programming in AIW.

Well, today I know how to program my AIW, but I know that many people do not know and many are not even interested in learning or do not find it easy, after all, each one has his taste and his talent... so I still think it would be interesting if all AIW programmers had a unique place where they could post their work in order to help others. This would be very interesting because, in fact, the AIW is programmed before the vision of each pilot, that is, an AIW programmed by me has AI piloting more or less with my way of piloting while programmed by another pilot will have the AIs piloting in its own way, so when I download an AIW programmed by a "Max Verstapen", for example, I'll be facing a "Max Verstapen", you know? That is, if this library is founded, we will have several AIW to try in the various circuits and offline games will become much more interesting, because they will be more unpredictable! For example: if I find in the library the AIW for the Interlagos track, for example, programmed by "Max Verstapen" I will be facing AI with the way this driver drives, but let's assume that for Interlagos we have other AIW of other drivers, such as Lewis Hamilton, Rubens Barrichello (great connoisseur of this circuit, for example), Fernando Alonso and who knows who else... anyway, if we have about 100 AIW files to choose only in the Interlagos circuit, our example, we will have 100 different possibilities to race in the same circuit, imagine having these same possibilities in all the circuits that use this type of file (AIW) in their games ... after all, AIW is the soul of a circuit... The graphic part is appreciated like the beauty of a heaven, but heaven without a soul is hell...

Anyway, the idea is launched: we have a library that houses AIW of all the tracks and all the games that use it. Just as the RD has a link to download clues, let it have a unique link to the AIW LIBRARY! And in this link, sublinks with the name of each clue so that the programmer can post his AIW in the correct place and that the player can search for his AIW with ease!

I understand that even most drivers are playing more offline than the other way around and that would be the salvation maybe so that he can further expand the possibilities of putting together good races, no?!

And one thing would also be very interesting, when the programmer posts his AIW that does it in RAR or ZIP file and could include in a text file a more complete explanation about his work, what he thought when he set up his AIW, for which mod it is best intended (Tourism? F1? Rally?), anyway, I'm pitching the idea and I know that through it others will come, in fact I'm opening up possibilities...

One thing that would be pretty cool would also be for RD to schedule an AIW tournament... For each category there would perhaps be a champion! For example in the F1 category, at the Monza circuit... who made the best AIW? We would be able to vote for the best AIW... one could form an official committee and also public vote and award the winner with a CONGRATULATIONS!! (Anyway, I don't know... awards that don't involve commitment to money is always better... I think if I won such a competition and received a congratulations I would already feel very happy!)

Well, that's it, I hope for feedback on this and dream of seeing such a work stimulating everyone!

Hugs

I would be delighted to share some of my AIW files if there was a platform for it. Although I've posted some of my track repairs, the files tend to get lost among mods. It's understandable since mods hold more significance than AIW files. However, it would be great to have a centralized and easily searchable database where all AIW files could be accessed and browsed through conveniently.

Currently, I am in the process of crafting a comprehensive tutorial on editing AIW files. I have been taking my time with it, and now I have reached a point where creating a video to illustrate some of the techniques I have learned is necessary. Rest assured, I will be working on this video shortly and will continue to make progress on the tutorial.

Many people don't realize the significant impact a well-crafted AIW file can have on the gameplay of older ISI games. Your proposed initiative could make it more accessible to everyone and increase understanding of its benefits.

At Race Department, while online racing is popular, a niche community of offline racing and historical gaming enthusiasts also frequent the forums. It's common to see newcomers seeking assistance with their older games on the platform. Providing support for this group could boost website traffic and cater to their interests.

I would be delighted to share some of my AIW files if there was a platform for it. Although I've posted some of my track repairs, the files tend to get lost among mods. It's understandable since mods hold more significance than AIW files. However, it would be great to have a centralized and easily searchable database where all AIW files could be accessed and browsed through conveniently.

Currently, I am in the process of crafting a comprehensive tutorial on editing AIW files. I have been taking my time with it, and now I have reached a point where creating a video to illustrate some of the techniques I have learned is necessary. Rest assured, I will be working on this video shortly and will continue to make progress on the tutorial.

Many people don't realize the significant impact a well-crafted AIW file can have on the gameplay of older ISI games. Your proposed initiative could make it more accessible to everyone and increase understanding of its benefits.

At Race Department, while online racing is popular, a niche community of offline racing and historical gaming enthusiasts also frequent the forums. It's common to see newcomers seeking assistance with their older games on the platform. Providing support for this group could boost website traffic and cater to their interests.
Perfect! I was concerned with the exact understanding of what I proposed, since I do not have the facility to express myself in the English language and I have to use translators who do not always translate exactly what I mean, but by their very well placed explanation there was the understanding of what I am proposing!

I'm glad to see that what I'm proposing is also important to someone and I hope that this can go forward and that we can have, yes, this library; I believe we will gain a lot from this!

After I learned how to make my own AIW my game got another (much better), but the tendency is always to follow the course of our own direction, so if there are other types of driving for a single circuit we will have much more challenge ahead as we will be facing AI with variable riding types, we will have surprises!

As for the tutorial you are elaborating, I am looking forward to it, especially since you have mentioned that you are also producing it in video, which is very facilitating! I wish you good luck with that, and as soon as we have, if all goes well, an AIW library, I'm sure I'll be able to get to know your work in practice; It will be a pleasure! :)

Hugs

Only just found this thread. Fantastic proposal to post more edited AIW files, Finno.

The simplest way to do this might be to post the AIW files under either the "Tracks" or "Misc" download categories here on RD, and then have a thread with a first post that someone keeps updated with a list of tracks and edited AIW files. Someone already did this for rFactor 2 on the Studio 397 forums: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/track-aiws.64102/ The downside being that one person must continually update the post when every new AIW file is posted (after being tested to ensure it's well-made).

Glad to hear it! Been eagerly looking forward to the rest of your tutorial.

Can't agree with this more. ISI AI has issues and isn't always perfect, for sure... but when well-configured, it can offer a great experience.

Only just found this thread. Fantastic proposal to post more edited AIW files, Finno.

The simplest way to do this might be to post the AIW files under either the "Tracks" or "Misc" download categories here on RD, and then have a thread with a first post that someone keeps updated with a list of tracks and edited AIW files. Someone already did this for rFactor 2 on the Studio 397 forums: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/track-aiws.64102/ The downside being that one person must continually update the post when every new AIW file is posted (after being tested to ensure it's well-made).

Can't agree with this more. ISI AI has issues and isn't always perfect, for sure... but when well-configured, it can offer a great experience.
Hi, MJQT!

I'm glad you participate in embracing the idea; I have read many posts and I see that your participation in them is quite active and actually looked forward to your participation here as well, as you are even mentioned in this due to your post with instructions and the download from the AIW editor itself! And again, thank you for that!

I understood the simplest part of doing this and saw how it's done in the link you posted, but I still think there could be a unique link to this library where you could house the AIW in a more organized way with sublinks to every clue that exists... I know this can be even laborious for those who do the maintenance of the RD, but that would be ideal... a link called AIW LIBRARY, such as having a link for download, another for misc and etc . Because if there is, the sublinks could house the tracks individually, and that would be interesting because, for example, there are several versions for Adelaide, Interlagos, Laguna Seca and etc... so let's say the "Adelaide" track is our example: if there are such sublinks for each track named "Adelaide" with its various versions, there would be many materials to be researched, both from various "pilot engineers" who would be offering their AIW for an X version and several other "pilot engineers" also offering their various AIW for another Y version for a single track called "Adelaide", but in different versions... That is, in a single sublink we would even have a certain confusion to find the right AIW for the version we have in our house, imagine if we mix all this in a forum where it would be complicated because sometimes people talk even about subjects that have nothing to do with the topic and this would mess up the search even more... anyway, I thought it could be done like this: link with the title already mentioned above and sublinks that could first have an alphabetical order and still other sublinks with the clues with the letter A, B, C, D and etc...

The assembly of this then would be:

Link 1 . AIW LIBRARY (downloads)

Sublink 1 – Circuits A/B, C/D, E/F, G/H and etc.

Sublink within each sublink 1: Track names in alphabetical order A/B

Adelaide (link to the downloads with the various versions, these versions being described in detail so that the user can get the right version)

Adriatic Sea

Algarve

Baku

and etc...

Anyway, it's laborious yes, but I think the result of this can be quite interesting. One thing is for sure: at least the AIW files are lightweight and this will not be a problem for the RD, it can be done; what is needed is for someone from RD to be interested in the project and work to produce this space, which can also house the topics of posts about AIW in a single space, as well as offer the tutorials that exist and are still being produced by our friend Speednut357.

Well, it was as I said: AIW is a piece of use of other games and various mods, and one of the most important pieces of these games and mods, so even though I am adept at rFactor, I believe that this is of interest to several communities and, therefore, also interest of the RD itself that will have a great movement on the site; I ask then, Please, may there be unity among all so that we can raise this space!

Hugs

Hi, MJQT!

Man, I'm sorry... sometimes, really, I travel too much...:roflmao: I thought well about what you gave me and also about the format I sent you, with assembly of links, sublinks, subsublinks and etc and ended up concluding that your suggestion is perhaps the best way. :thumbsup: Well, actually, I gave the idea, that the executive can take the idea and can execute it in the format that is most convenient, right?! I'm waiting for the AIW to come along and I can have fun with them!

Hugs

Why are we worried about being so formal with uploading AIWs?

The Downloads section already has some.

Maybe we could get a dedicated section for them, too.

I wouldn't mind trying out some AIWs when I run into problematic AI.

Also note what type of cars were used to create the AIW file. F1 cars would run a different line than modern GT cars which would be different than LMP cars, etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back