AI traction

Hello!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to know AMS until the end of last year. I was a fan of consoles, but in the absence of a quality simulator, I decided to test the PC simulators and the AMS was a pleasant surprise!
I know that the focus is now on AMS2, however, I would like to enjoy the AMS a little more.
That way, I would like a help if it were possible .. I notice that in several mods, AI has a lot of traction in open (fast) corners, in contrast they are slower in slow corners..
Is there a parameter in HDV or TBC that I can change to balance this?
I thank the attention!

Is there a parameter in HDV or TBC that I can change to balance this?
AIGrip in TBC, but that's going to give them more/less grip in all corners. There's nothing to change the balance between slow/fast corners because it's embedded in the code that reads the AIW (AI waypoints).

If you watch carefully enough, you'll notice that AI goes slower on banked turns. The other thing that's going on is AI don't want to run into a slow car in the turn, so they brake because they're very reluctant to take an alternate line.

AIGrip in TBC, but that's going to give them more/less grip in all corners. There's nothing to change the balance between slow/fast corners because it's embedded in the code that reads the AIW (AI waypoints).

If you watch carefully enough, you'll notice that AI goes slower on banked turns. The other thing that's going on is AI don't want to run into a slow car in the turn, so they brake because they're very reluctant to take an alternate line.
Thanks for the reply Emery.

Do you know what the real function of AIPeakSlip is?
Do you think that increasing the AIGripMult of the front tires and decreasing the rear ones can slightly decrease this difference?

Do you know what the real function of AIPeakSlip is?
Do you think that increasing the AIGripMult of the front tires and decreasing the rear ones can slightly decrease this difference?

AIGripMult= Grip multiplier for the AI. If AI is too slow, or are spinning these values can be altered to give them speed, and/or stability.

AIPeakSlip= Peak AI Tire slip angle (in radians? can't remember), similar to LatPeak/LongPeak only for the AI. This does not change dependant on load, if AI slides around a lot and are unstable as a result reduce this value, especially at the rear. Otherwise, if you have no such issues, try find the player peak average slip and use those values.

Basically, if you decrease the rear AIGripMult, the AI will be more tail-happy.

I tried all possible combinations, but without success. AI was still too slow on slow corners and too fast on fast corner exits. In Shanghai, for example, in the big corner before the longest straight, they start the turbo and disappear in front. I'm giving up .. it seems to me that it's hard coded. :-(

Thanks for the help guys

AIPerfUsage=(0.84, 0.83, 0.83) // PLR file overrides for (brake power usage, brake grip usage, corner grip usage) used by AI to estimate performance - only positive values will override, see PLR for defaults

If you can find AIPerfUsage in the HDV file play around with that. The last number will be what you need to change. Your numbers will be different to the ones i have shared here.

The problem is that by changing these parameters, performance in all types of corners is affected. My goal is two:
1 - Increase the speed of AI in slow corners and
2 - Decrease your traction / grip on long curves.

Depending on the circuit, there is a sector that I do 0.5 faster (slower sector), while in other sectors the time is equivalent or the AI faster .. it is a huge difference.

WTCC2017.. attached some examples..

But i tested with Stock Car and happens the same

Ex1.jpg
Ex2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 116 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 17.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.1%