AI is bad

I don't think it has anything to do with aggression. Because AI cars simply don't have the ability to make a turn properly in a clean driving line. They can slam the brakes right at the apex when you are following just behind. Sometimes they don't even brake at all when coming to a hairpin ramming into you. Agression would not help these disappear. I am doing some races in Silverstone for instance. Starting from the back of the grid, I always watch several AI cars collide each other causing a big wreck in T1. Hillarious.

Well it works for me, heck I can even show you video to back up my claims of good tight ai racing. So you saying it can't happen isn't true. It might be for you, but it's not true of the game.

I am honestly no AC fan boi as I've got a fair few grievances with AC (no realistic crash model, awful AI passing in multi class racing, no rolling starts/poor standing starts, limited AI editing) - BUT I can say that I've never encountered anything you have said above, that's really puzzling! What skill levels are you running?

I mean if it helps to show you how the AI can run I've done several races against them on my YouTube channel. Here is an example, generally they are ok.

Last edited:
BUT I can say that I've never encountered anything you have said above, that's really puzzling!

Indeed.. but the truth is that the experience you get from AI in AC "1" is really combo dependent and, in a game with so many cars and tracks combinations (modded and not) it's really difficult to agree on what the status of the AI is.

It is a fact that in many situations the AI in AC fails to account of the "space shrink" when speed decrease (ie. if there's space for 2 cars at 200kmh there might be no space for the same 2 cars at 80kmh)... it's something I figured out only during the development of ACC.. and even there it's still not 100% perfect.

Add to this the actual player and the situation gets even more impossible to analyze... the accounts of users complaining about AI hitting them and then posting videos of themselves moving around the track as if nobody was there are innumerable in the almost 10 years AC has been around.

I think ACC was an improvement over things in AC but it was also a much easier environment to test (fixed number of car/track combo).. Hopefully whoever comes next will do a better job.

Last edited:
Indeed.. but the truth is that the experience you get from AI in AC "1" is really combo dependent and, in a game with so many cars and tracks combinations (modded and not) it's really difficult to agree on what the status of the AI is.

It is a fact that in many situations the AI in AC fails to account of the "space shrink" when speed decrease (ie. if there's space for 2 cars at 200kmh there might be no space for the same 2 cars at 80kmh)... it's something I figured out only during the development of ACC.. and even there it's still not 100% perfect.

Add to this the actual player and the situation gets even more impossible to analyze... the accounts of users complaining about AI hitting them and then posting videos of themselves moving around the track as if nobody was there are innumerable in the almost 10 years AC has been around.

I think ACC was an improvement over things in AC but it was also a much easier environment to test (fixed number of car/track combo).. Hopefully whoever comes next will do a better job.
Well, AI issues aside it's still a great game, and it's now my go-to title after AMS 2 didn't really pan and I can only carry on playing AMS 1 for so long! It's shame you guys couldn't have implemented that updated code into AC1 once you made your discovery, maybe in another life!

Hey there. Nobody seems to have this issue or people just ignore it. If i race the AI especially on the Nürburgring Nordschleife they're annoying to the point where i don't even start a race and if i do i close the game after a minute. How can this be so accepted in the community when the AI keeps braking on the Exit of corners while you'r chasing them. Who would expect anyone to brake at corner exits except some crash is happening? This ruins the experience for me so much. And then there is the other Problem when you get side by side, i cannot pass the AI a lot of times even tho the have like 66% of the Track while i use 33% and they still bump into me. I don't understand how anyone who has a bit experience in Simracing can enjoy that at all. I don't race other tracks because it's boring to me. I can't imagine how changing of the aggression could get rid of the problem on corner exits and thats the only "solution" i have found so far in the Forums.

Cheers
I have the same problem, i was driving on the Nürburgring with the Kunos Ferrari GT2 or 3 with other GT class cars and they just act like they cant get over the fact that i passed them and later on they just bump into me no matter what, even if i turn the agression to 0%. Just stupid

Of course the AI is "stupid", there is in fact no "intelligence" whatsoever involved.
The robot cars just drive their path and don´t give a bucket of rusty nuts about you.
So if you pass them and expect them to respect your rear and change speed or line, your up for disappointment.

After I learned that ( with a lot of swearing) I now us the Artificial Idiots as a training tool.
If I can force a pass and survive it I stand a better chance with natural intelligent opponents.

Also you have to account for the fact that the robots don´t trailbrake, they often enter corners to fast and then brake at the apex.

Oh, and they are really shite with camber, I think they don´t recognize it.

Furthermore they´re slow as f...., start erratically and crash often as they drive over sausage curbs and zig zag stupidly.

Still I use them for "target practice" as they help me figure out passing lanes and race strategies. I give them a headstart so that I´m not tempted to pass 2/3 of the field before T1 and to let them space out a little.

Settings are speed 100% and agression 80-100%, sometimes I need to lower agression to keep them from diing to often.

Of course the AI is "stupid", there is in fact no "intelligence" whatsoever involved.
The robot cars just drive their path and don´t give a bucket of rusty nuts about you.
So if you pass them and expect them to respect your rear and change speed or line, your up for disappointment.

After I learned that ( with a lot of swearing) I now us the Artificial Idiots as a training tool.
If I can force a pass and survive it I stand a better chance with natural intelligent opponents.

Also you have to account for the fact that the robots don´t trailbrake, they often enter corners to fast and then brake at the apex.

Oh, and they are really shite with camber, I think they don´t recognize it.

Furthermore they´re slow as f...., start erratically and crash often as they drive over sausage curbs and zig zag stupidly.

Still I use them for "target practice" as they help me figure out passing lanes and race strategies. I give them a headstart so that I´m not tempted to pass 2/3 of the field before T1 and to let them space out a little.

Settings are speed 100% and agression 80-100%, sometimes I need to lower agression to keep them from diing to often.
I've had very good races with AI. But some editing is required on cars and track lines and (optionally) lots of tests before races. Even longer races with pitstops. So a very competitive AI is possible.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back