AI Gets stuck on grid at Race start

Sometimes its caused by a gear mismatch:

Open the ai.ini and engine.ini inside the 'data' folder (if the car has a data.acd, unpack it with content manager first)
Make sure the Gears UP value in the ai.ini:

[GEARS]
UP=7900 (wrong value)
DOWN=4600
SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.95
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.130

has a lower value, than engine.ini limiter

[ENGINE_DATA]
ALTITUDE_SENSITIVITY=0.1 ; sensitivity to altitude
INERTIA=0.120 ; engine inertia
LIMITER=7500 ; engine rev limiter. 0 no limiter
MINIMUM=1500 ; engine idle rpm
LIMITER_HZ=50

In this example the RPM needed to shift up is higher than what the engine limiter allows, so you would change the ai.ini value to something like 7200

It doesn´t work every single time, but it might be the case for the cars you´re trying to run.

Does anyone has a fix for some Cars AI gets stuck on start in AC and won't move??
Is it a fast lane AI issue or something else?

I don't have a fix, but I can add to this. I have also had this issue (probably every 10th race). If I restart the race the same car will have the same issues. I can exit out of the race, and go back in and all works fine. I believe I have seen this has happened in both single races and career.

Don´t know if its a new one but i encountered it for the first time(s)

Earlier today i was doing a race weekend with MX5CUPS at Laguna Seca, and not for the first time.

But this time at race start the car on pole turned left into the pitwall.:(

And it did so every try to restart because its wheels were turned left while standing.

I tried three restarts but couldn´t get it to work.

So i aborted und used quick race instead which ran fine.

AC with CM, CSP and Sol.

Laguna Seca and MX5Cup are Kunos content, so no mods there.

MFG Carsten

There's several reasons this can happen
- Mod tracks with grid rows too close together
- Mod cars with improper ai settings (usually improperly set gear shift up/down rpm settings)
- AI extensions in CSP; I've disabled them entirely because they were causing these start grid issues, unfortunately. I miss the cool down lap, but I'd prefer a working starting grid.
Hi,
How do you disable those extensions ? Is there a way without using content Manager ?
I have those starting Problems like every 5th Race

Thanks

Hi,
How do you disable those extensions ? Is there a way without using content Manager ?
I have those starting Problems like every 5th Race

Thanks

If you're not using CSP than the AI extension won't be culprit, as it's part of CSP and requires launching through CM :)

If you see intermittent problems (meaning, using the same type of car, occasionally launching, occasionally not) then it's probably a track related issue like poor AI lines (especially side lines) or grid spots too close together. If you notice a consistent issue with a particular type of car across many circuits it's probably a car issue—usually incorrect shift settings in the car's AI file.

I'm sure there are some other factors as well, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.6%