Resource icon

Misc AI for Adelaide 2021 2024-01-08

Login or Register an account to download this content
spitzanu submitted a new resource:

AI for Adelaide 2021 - Improved AI for Adelaide 2021

This AI line is for the track adelaide2021 by CrisT86 & Pugsang (based on the original 2011 by Tewie)

Original times:
View attachment 719518

New AI line times:
- as you can see, massive improvement for all types of cars
- I could've made them a little faster by hitting the curbs more in the first part of the lap like the V8s do, but the gt4s were constantly bouncing off them so I decided to avoid them
View attachment 719519

Here's a list of fixes:
- straighten...

Read more about this resource...

Hi. Just downloaded your improved AI. Thanks for your work. Just one question before I give it a try: do you use any 'ai_hints' file or should I delete the one I have in my tracks folder?

Hi. Just downloaded your improved AI. Thanks for your work. Just one question before I give it a try: do you use any 'ai_hints' file or should I delete the one I have in my tracks folder?
Hi Giorgos,

I left the original AI hints there. Let me know if you want me to send the file I have

Last edited:
Hi @spitzanu

Looks like I have a bigger issue... On weekend mode the cars wont even leave the pit lane (tried with your files, with the old ones, with and without ai_hints). I tried a couple of other tracks and they start normally there.

Any chance you would know what could trigger that problem specifically in Adelaide?

Kind regards.

Hi @spitzanu

Looks like I have a bigger issue... On weekend mode the cars wont even leave the pit lane (tried with your files, with the old ones, with and without ai_hints). I tried a couple of other tracks and they start normally there.

Any chance you would know what could trigger that problem specifically in Adelaide?

Kind regards.

Unfortunately, it depends on us having the same version of the track. I noticed there's a road mesh update for this track on RaceDepartment, which I genuinely can't remember if I have installed or not. What I can do is I can send you a link with my exact copy of the track, which should have no issues running anywhere else. I've uploaded a zip of it here, which includes the new AI in it:

can you let me know if it works, please? You can just place it in your assetto corsa tracks folder. Make sure you delete or rename the existing adelaide2021 folder though

Last edited:
The AI still wont leave the pitlane, which makes me think it's most probably related with some CSP/CM settings.
Now in the race, they are really fast!
But there is A LOT happening in lap 1! Lots of crashes and cars will flip over after hitting the curbs too hard.

The AI still wont leave the pitlane, which makes me think it's most probably related with some CSP/CM settings.
Now in the race, they are really fast!
But there is A LOT happening in lap 1! Lots of crashes and cars will flip over after hitting the curbs too hard.
Yeah, it could be the new AI behavior in CSP that might throw things off. I had to turn these settings off to stop CSP from caching the AI lines. You can find them under New AI behaviour
1704626192811.png

The other thing is, the AI hints file needs to be left in there because it has a couple of DANGER hints which make sure the AI avoid the wall on the left into turn 1 and one other (can't remember which).

When the mayhem ensued on turn 1, which cars are you using? I can try them out for myself and see if there's anything I can improve for them.

Let me know if there's anything I can help with. Sorry we couldn't get it working. I guess redownloading the original track should at least have them leave the pitlane for you.

Yeah, it could be the new AI behavior in CSP that might throw things off. I had to turn these settings off to stop CSP from caching the AI lines. You can find them under New AI behaviour
View attachment 719764

The other thing is, the AI hints file needs to be left in there because it has a couple of DANGER hints which make sure the AI avoid the wall on the left into turn 1 and one other (can't remember which).

When the mayhem ensued on turn 1, which cars are you using? I can try them out for myself and see if there's anything I can improve for them.

Let me know if there's anything I can help with. Sorry we couldn't get it working. I guess redownloading the original track should at least have them leave the pitlane for you.
Hi @spitzanu

Thanks for your help once again! I really appreciate it. I tried redownloading the track yesterday and had all of those settings already unticked. But it just wont work for me...

I was using GT3 cars, mostly the ones from RSS & URD and some other ACC conversions. No matter how many times I started a race -still in weekend mode but with qualifying skipped- turn 1 was absolute carnage. But it is really narrow there.

Then there was still some trouble when cars were racing next to each other on the next 4 corners, resulting often to a car hitting the inside curb so hard it would flip over. I had something like 6 DNFs after lap 1.

But after that, everything runs smoothly. The AI uses really good lines and is really fast and competitive.

Would love it if you could make a try at some other tracks where the AI is not so fast, like the new Portimao circuit (algarve_portimao_2023), Bahrain and Valencia from Fenryr and Long Beach (fln_long_beach) where the AI could be a lot faster through T8.

spitzanu updated AI for Adelaide 2021 with a new update entry:

sidelines and pitlane fixes

- even if it worked for me, I got feedback from a user that the cars wouldn't leave the pitlane. I tried drawing the pitlane closer to the pits. I'm not sure that's the issue, but thought it was worth trying
- same user reported loads of crashes on lap 1 for GT3s. I was able to confirm the issue. The fast line didn't need changing, but the issues arose from the AI driving side by side. To fix it, I restricted the racing area in a few places:
- in the first sector, I excluded most curbs...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @spitzanu

Thanks for your help once again! I really appreciate it. I tried redownloading the track yesterday and had all of those settings already unticked. But it just wont work for me...

I was using GT3 cars, mostly the ones from RSS & URD and some other ACC conversions. No matter how many times I started a race -still in weekend mode but with qualifying skipped- turn 1 was absolute carnage. But it is really narrow there.

Then there was still some trouble when cars were racing next to each other on the next 4 corners, resulting often to a car hitting the inside curb so hard it would flip over. I had something like 6 DNFs after lap 1.

But after that, everything runs smoothly. The AI uses really good lines and is really fast and competitive.

Would love it if you could make a try at some other tracks where the AI is not so fast, like the new Portimao circuit (algarve_portimao_2023), Bahrain and Valencia from Fenryr and Long Beach (fln_long_beach) where the AI could be a lot faster through T8.
Thanks a lot for letting me know. I tried it and you were right about the crashes on lap 1, it was mayhem. Bouncing off the curbs in the first sector was definitely an issue, but what worried me even more is they'd go 3 wide on the back straight into the kink and crash at full speed into the exit wall pretty much every time they tried an overtake. I pushed an update and the fast lane should now have new track limits which excludes the curbs in the first sector and massively limit the way they enter into the kink. I ran them at 100% aggression and I only got 2 separate crashes in 3 starts and in both cases they weren't too bad, the AI got going again. So it should be a lot better.

I also tried drawing the pit lane closer to the pits because I noticed it was quite far to the left. I would appreciate it if you gave it a quick try and letting me know if it made a difference for you.

As for the track, I'll pop those on my list. There's loads of tracks where the AI is terrible, but I can only do a maximum of 2 tracks per week because it's quite time consuming. I've actually done bahrain_2020 today. Planning to upload it tomorrow :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 100 91.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 39 35.8%