AI Crashes - All in One [SemiMoMods]

Misc AI Crashes - All in One [SemiMoMods] v8.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Whenever I install this, it crashes my game right after the start menu. I can't get to the main menu. The only mods I have installed arethis one, SemiMo Base mod and the Improved AI mod,

Whenever I install this, it crashes my game right after the start menu. I can't get to the main menu. The only mods I have installed arethis one, SemiMo Base mod and the Improved AI mod,
you need the latest version of SemiMoMods and the latest version of my mod.

1687723176686.png

Last edited:
is there a way to tone the damage done to the a icars just a bit i barely touched verstappen in jeddah and both his front wheels just blew off his car. i also had a weird bug where i started the race on max tyre wear

I have both of that. I have the 4.1 version of yours and added it to the files after "installing" the 1.1 version of SemiMo. Improved AI was the first mod i added.

It worked fine with the standalone 35% version of the mod. Havent used it since then to be honest until now.
Do you use steam with cloud save?

After three days of solid racing, I have my report.

Man I can't wait for red flags to be fixed so I can test them. I'm using AI Crashes with Improved AI on 50% races currently and it's gone spectacularly! Australia had a turn one lap one pileup that I'm hopeful would've triggered a red flag. Imola was a little bit shaky with 3 safety cars and 3 VSC's, but Monaco and Spain each had only one safety car, which is fine by me. That said, all six races I've done since installing have had safety cars. Some just one, some several. Assuming the frequency scales out to 100% length rather than multiplying, I'm cool with the frequency... but I'm wondering if it's possible to tweak the parameters between VSC and safety car so that it leans more towards the former and reserves the latter for more serious accidents.

In the case of Imola where all the safety cars triggered upon restart at turn one, Idk if a safety car when the field at the beginning of green flag racing and the field was still bunched up was entirely necessary. And the safety car at Spain happened right in front of me at turn one and honestly, it was a two car incident with one retirement, so that didn't need to be a safety car either. VSC would've worked there imo.

TLDR: Tweak towards more VSC and less safety car, maybe a slight nerf to allow the possibility of a race with no VSC/SC at all (I'm abusing fuel load right now because I know there will be a SC at some point), and it plays very well with Improved AI. Also, increased tire wear probably was unnecessary--this is all happening with default tire wear.

Last edited:
After three days of solid racing, I have my report.

Man I can't wait for red flags to be fixed so I can test them. I'm using AI Crashes with Improved AI on 50% races currently and it's gone spectacularly! Australia had a turn one lap one pileup that I'm hopeful would've triggered a red flag. Imola was a little bit shaky with 3 safety cars and 3 VSC's, but Monaco and Spain each had only one safety car, which is fine by me. That said, all six races I've done since installing have had safety cars. Some just one, some several. Assuming the frequency scales out to 100% length rather than multiplying, I'm cool with the frequency... but I'm wondering if it's possible to tweak the parameters between VSC and safety car so that it leans more towards the former and reserves the latter for more serious accidents.

In the case of Imola where all the safety cars triggered upon restart at turn one, Idk if a safety car when the field at the beginning of green flag racing and the field was still bunched up was entirely necessary. And the safety car at Spain happened right in front of me at turn one and honestly, it was a two car incident with one retirement, so that didn't need to be a safety car either. VSC would've worked there imo.

TLDR: Tweak towards more VSC and less safety car, maybe a slight nerf to allow the possibility of a race with no VSC/SC at all (I'm abusing fuel load right now because I know there will be a SC at some point), and it plays very well with Improved AI. Also, increased tire wear probably was unnecessary--this is all happening with default tire wear.
I'd reccomend playing around with the Safety Car = Reduced/Standard/Increased settings in game to see if you can convince the game to apply more VSC's over Safety Cars.

There's nothing in the .xml for me to change those, but I can only assume that each one will be an extra vehicle. For example, Reduced = 3 Cars need to be stopped for a SC. Standard = 2 Cars need to be stopped. Increased = 1 Car stopped on track can bring out a Safety Car.

I guess! We can figure it out, join me discord if you want to help or keep up to date with the testing values etc. we are all playing with to help make this mod better, cheers

I'd reccomend playing around with the Safety Car = Reduced/Standard/Increased settings in game to see if you can convince the game to apply more VSC's over Safety Cars.
Good suggestion, I forgot that I'd set increased SC just in the hopes of getting one every other race in vanilla. I'll change it to standard and see if it helps any.

I've actually been trying to join your discord in the week since you released the original standalone mods, but it tells me unable to accept invite. Discord is finicky af on web browser.

Last edited:
poostick updated AI Crashes - All in One [SemiMoMods] with a new update entry:

Adjusted values based on Discord Feedback

- Minimum speed for SuspensionDamage up from 4.0 < 5.0
- Slightly buffed Aston Martin
- Slightly nerfed Ferrari
- with permission from 'wherli hansnea' incorporated 'Realistic DRS' mod with this
- Slightly altered all damage variables for more realistic race results

Special thanks to:
willmar08, Sir Pro3, GWNMITCH, The1nonly1 & itsmb8
For helping test and find the right values. MVP's

Read the rest of this update entry...

Added option to change team performance or leave as default

- Added option to change team performance or leave as default

What do the team performance changes do?
- Aston Martin's base Chassis Mass is lower (making them slightly better)
- Ferrari's base Chassis Mass is higher (making them slightly worse)
- All lower teams (Williams, AT, Alfa, Haas) have increased UpgradeChassisMass values so that they are able to be on par with top teams if they catch up on the R&D tree

Because the top teams Base Vehicle Stats are higher than the...

Issue with latest Codemasters Update

It seems as SemiModularMods has an issue with the latest game update regarding the HUD not being displayed.

As my mod is a SemiMoMod mod that relies on those files, this means you'll have no HUD whilst using it for the timebeing.

Hopefully the issue will get resolved, but if not, I will update resource with a non SMM version tonight for 50% races and increased tyre wear.

I can't do this for all versions, as without SMM it takes a long time to do! Sorry

One thing I noticed. There aren't any options anymore where we can choose whether we want increased tyre wear or the damage to apply to the myTeam Car. Could you bring this back please?

One thing I noticed. There aren't any options anymore where we can choose whether we want increased tyre wear or the damage to apply to the myTeam Car. Could you bring this back please?
Increased tyre wear is still a thing. Just use the 25% or 100% one as that's the only difference between them.

I'll add no myteam back in another time. I've got a busy weekend ahead.

Join the discord and as someone they can show you how to do it yourself, it's really easy

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 174 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.3%
Back