Advice for..to buy new wheel

Best simracing people, I need little advice for buy a new wheel. My g27 is little old and I wants something new. Trustmaster pc-tc or fanatec wheelbase 2.5 with loadcell pendals...?
Budget is 1500 euro. I want something waterproof for the upcomming 10 years... and important I drive for manny years with my bare feet.. because I have more feel in the pendals :laugh: Is this possible with load cell pendals or is this to pro? And last.... I have no credit cards.. can you pay by fanatec with ideal?

Grtzz muzikant

@muzikant: Wait until tomorrow when Fanatec show us more details of the DD Wheel.

I have a CSL Elite with LC pedals (and the McLaren GT3 wheel). Very satisfied. And yes you can use the loadcell brake pedal without wearing clothes...uuuh socks.

Upvote 0
Best simracing people, I need little advice for buy a new wheel. My g27 is little old and I wants something new. Trustmaster pc-tc or fanatec wheelbase 2.5 with loadcell pendals...?
Budget is 1500 euro. I want something waterproof for the upcomming 10 years... and important I drive for manny years with my bare feet.. because I have more feel in the pendals :laugh: Is this possible with load cell pendals or is this to pro? And last.... I have no credit cards.. can you pay by fanatec with ideal?

Grtzz muzikant

Go for Fanatec, I don’t recommend using it in the rain though, especially for 10 years. You might also want to get some pedals instead of pendals as they will make you go faster while sitting still, though again not while in the rain. As for paying for it, yes Fanatec do take ideal, as in ideally you pay with some sort of card, doesn’t have to be a credit card but surely you have a debit one? Or are you on the run from the police, mafia, assassins, inland revenue?

Upvote 0
Go for Fanatec, I don’t recommend using it in the rain though, especially for 10 years. You might also want to get some pedals instead of pendals as they will make you go faster while sitting still, though again not while in the rain. As for paying for it, yes Fanatec do take ideal, as in ideally you pay with some sort of card, doesn’t have to be a credit card but surely you have a debit one? Or are you on the run from the police, mafia, assassins, inland revenue?
Ah.. you are hilarious... :sleep:

Were you a bully at school too...? :thumbsdown:

Upvote 0
Well t500rs pedals is comfortably enough. I have no experience with the v3 naked.

I guess you mean ts-pc? Just ordered one. Been quite happy with the thrustmaster tx. If budget fits I would probably get a cswv2.5 but that dont suite my playseat challenge for my backup rig. I run osw on my main one. There is some solutions that at least touches on that budget.

Upvote 0
Ah.. you are hilarious... :sleep:

Were you a bully at school too...? :thumbsdown:

No, I was the one bullied in school, nearly killed myself if you really want to know. It was a light hearted joke which I’m sure many would understand, lighten up a little. How you can call that bullying is ridiculous, lose your sense of humour somewhere?

Upvote 0
1500€ Budget for pedals + base or just the base?
If it is just the Base, buy an OSW from augury simulations or a SimRacingBay kit from Tomo Meglic
auguy-simucube-19-800x600.jpg

If it is for both pedals and base, the best consumer base you can get is a CSW V2.5, nothing more than that before going the direct drive way.´
CSW-V2-5-Big1-1000x666.png

And pedals you can choose the ClubSport Pedals which are great loadcell.
Fanatec_ClubSport_Pedals_V3_0.jpg

Or you could go the heusinkveld way with the 2 pedals bundle
hveld2pedalenpro.png

Upvote 0
1500€ Budget for pedals + base or just the base?
If it is just the Base, buy an OSW from augury simulations or a SimRacingBay kit from Tomo Meglic
auguy-simucube-19-800x600.jpg

If it is for both pedals and base, the best consumer base you can get is a CSW V2.5, nothing more than that before going the direct drive way.´
CSW-V2-5-Big1-1000x666.png

And pedals you can choose the ClubSport Pedals which are great loadcell.
Fanatec_ClubSport_Pedals_V3_0.jpg

Or you could go the heusinkveld way with the 2 pedals bundle
hveld2pedalenpro.png
Great advice. Got my Fanatec Club Sport 2.5 set up today and already had the pedals. Pretty sweet, but I sure got some fiddling and tuning to do. I'll start saving now for a DD and maybe in a few years, I can make the leap.

Upvote 0
Muzikant : Ever paid a visit to MardoMedia in Almere? They have several setups you can test.
Friendly guys and good advise.

With regards to the pedals I would go for the CSL LC pedals. BTW you can change the "pressure" of the loadcell. From feather light to ultra heavy. In other words: push with one bare big toe or stamp on it with both feet and not even reaching 100% brake pressure.

Maybe an idea to go for the Fanatec CSL Elite or CSW2.5* and buy two different steering wheels. E.g. McLaren GT3 and Porsche wheel? And don't forget the quick release mechanism!

*see the comparison chart via https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-5.html (click on comparison button)

Most online retailerslike Fanatec, MardoMedia etc accept PayPal, Ideal payment.

PS Maybe you alreadymade your decision? Then I'm curious what you've bought

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back