Addictive ADACs sashaying on Sunday at Sachsenring.

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Yes indeed for those who love the ADACs come join the Backmarkers United server for some clean fun racing on the 3.67km of the Sachsenring.
Sunday 25th October
30 min. Practice 18:30GMT. then 15min. Qually, followed by 25min. Race. And if you want more then after another 10min. Qually there will be another 20min. Race.
Teamspeak is available. "eurots1.gameservers.com:9209"
@Quentis Gillispie @Lorenzo Bonder @Ole Marius Myrvold @Roy Magnes @Kurupt CDN @Keith Joyce @SOLO59 @Otune @Phil Davies @Brandon Wright @Lars Hansen @4 8 15 16 23 42 108 @robopuff @RabNL @monsieurjackb @Paul Jeffrey @Piotrek Blaszczak @randy66 @Mikloss @budlix @Andrew Harper @eckeisback @Metzger82 @mark rawlins @Beikirch @Schwud Nelsh

So I'm stuck at 1:26-ish. Any faster and I'm off the track. What might I be doing wrong? (Audi, stock setup)
You're not going fast enough. :D
(Sorry....)
Is it up on the leaderboard? If so, I can take a look.

EDIT: Or maybe not.....Servers seem to be down again. *sigh*
If they intend to insist on this always-online nonsense, they really need better redundancies.

Last edited:
Just managed 22.9 with this one.
Audi%20Sachsenring%20Setup_zpsiymmhnax.jpg

Rear wing is still too high (but there's no way I'm going down to 4! :p ), just haven't had time to fine-tune it. Probably 8-9.
But the default Audi set-up is just garbage.
Wings are wrong, ARBs are wrong, and even the gearing is off.
My god, there's a lot of understeer in that default car. :confused:

@Keith Joyce As for what you may be doing wrong, it's a little harder to tell.
As soon as I better your time, it automatically shifts to the next on the leaderboard, so..... :D
Still think you're braking too early, but that's probably just down to driving-style and/or pedals.
rnd10_sachsenring1.jpg

One thing I did notice is that you're not going wide enough before T6-7.
Which in turn screws up your entry into T7.
Don't bother with an apex in T5, just go as wide as you can, then cut in on T6 in third gear, quick dab on the brakes, and as soon as you can see the left-hand kerbing on T7, that's when you turn in.
Just be aware that if you put your right-rear wheel onto the grass between T6 and T7, you're...
Well, dead. :D

But both mine, and Randys times are on the leaderboard, so have a look.

A much better day's racing today for Team Joyce. The financially-efficient (parsimonious, tight-fisted) outfit pulled out all the stops for the ADAC GT Masters meeting at the feared Saschenring circuit. No expense was spent in the extensive pre-race preparation included fitting a new (used) squash ball under the ancient DFGT brake pedal. After finishing 2 exhausting races the driver was hauled from what was left of his smoking heap and in the post-race press conference wowed the assembled hacks with tails of his high-speed antics spent fishing around the pedal-box trying to re-insert the squash ball. "No-one told us they came in different sizes" he quipped to a virtually empty room.

At least the Procars have a bigger pedal box... ;)

A much better day's racing today for Team Joyce. The financially-efficient (parsimonious, tight-fisted) outfit pulled out all the stops for the ADAC GT Masters meeting at the feared Saschenring circuit. No expense was spent in the extensive pre-race preparation included fitting a new (used) squash ball under the ancient DFGT brake pedal. After finishing 2 exhausting races the driver was hauled from what was left of his smoking heap and in the post-race press conference wowed the assembled hacks with tails of his high-speed antics spent fishing around the pedal-box trying to re-insert the squash ball. "No-one told us they came in different sizes" he quipped to a virtually empty room.

At least the Procars have a bigger pedal box... ;)
Good one Keith.:roflmao:

I tripped on my mic cord during the day. Must have hurt the wires. couldn't talk in TS but i could hear =/. I'll buy a new one this week. I had a lot of lag in the race tonight , cars kept jumping around. The second race my screen went black at start . I could hear my car but computer was locked up. had to reboot. @
Keith Joyce sorry I bumped into ya. I was hard on the brakes but couldn't slow up enough. Fun race and congrats to the winners. Hope to see ya all on the track soon =)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back