Add on tracks

I have race injection and I'm loving it I just wanted to ask you guys what the best add on are for this great game and tracks that come with them. I feel it's better to ask the guys that have raced on them.

I bought Race '07 for £1.49 on Steam recently (so am probably not best placed to tell you what to get re: cars, tracks etc) but as the add-ons were fairly cheap, I got them as well, so ended up with........

Race '07
Race '07: Andy Priaulx Crowne Plaza Raceway (FREE)
Race On
Race: The WTCC Game
The Retro Expansion
STCC: The Game
STCC 2
The WTCC 2010 Pack
GTR Power Expansion
GTR Evolution

GTR Evolution does include Nurburgring GP and Nordschleife circuits, so if you're keen to race these, that's one to get.

Ones shown in RED are already part of Race Injection.

Enjoy.

Mark,

It can be done here - http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/applications.4/

No fees, its all free. It just means you would be seen on the forums with your full name instead of your forum nickname that is all.

Plus, most leagues require that a full RD license is obtained to be allowed to race. Hope to see you on track soon.

:)

Just done it mate so thanks for your help. I'm looking at getting myself better Internet connection before I race on line just been told that what I have is too weak, it's with sky tv but I hear virgin media is a good one to get.

No matter what your ISP, one day you're going to curse them to hell (having invested in a gaming evening and getting disconnected thru out the day, reporting it and having two hours of steady datastream until it started to act up again, another support ticket sent, wait for repairs, another hour of gaming rinse&repeat.:devilish: )

Just done it mate so thanks for your help. I'm looking at getting myself better Internet connection before I race on line just been told that what I have is too weak, it's with sky tv but I hear virgin media is a good one to get.
Hi, Im with Sky and there is no problem with online gaming!
Don't confuse a slow connection with a bad connection, not the same thing. You don't need a fast connection to play online. Fort example, I have 2 friends with 2 different connection. 1 has Virgin fibre optic broadband with blistering speed (50MB+) and another with a slow connection with BT (0.5MB). The guy on Virgin has lots of lagging problems, the BT guy enjoys trouble free racing :)
It's all about PING and packet loss not how fast you can download something.

Hi, Im with Sky and there is no problem with online gaming!
Don't confuse a slow connection with a bad connection, not the same thing. You don't need a fast connection to play online. Fort example, I have 2 friends with 2 different connection. 1 has Virgin fibre optic broadband with blistering speed (50MB+) and another with a slow connection with BT (0.5MB). The guy on Virgin has lots of lagging problems, the BT guy enjoys trouble free racing :)
It's all about PING and packet loss not how fast you can download something.
I have virgin 10 mb, soon to be 60mb, only now and then have any issue, but i found it to be the UPLOAD speed that causes problem. currently i upload @ 1mb, when i have 60 mb i will have 6mb upload. Bt in my experience are slow and the "hub doesnt like online gaming. I may be wrong now though as i had bt around 2 years ago.

You can always phone your ISP and get your connection tuned to online gaming needs.. Usually latencies are not the primary concern for the regular web users and download speed are never a problem for gamers, even 1/1mb connection is really fine.

Short spikes/connection issues don't bother when you're just surfing or watching youtube, you may get the dreaded buffering from time to time but generally speaking it works.. Try that in gaming.. One 1 second connection issue can ruin your (and possibly many others) 67 minute race that you've trained for weeks while short pause in youtube video stream doesn't do you so much harm.

If you have friends in the same area, you could try analyze their connection.. But don't use their computers for that, they may be configured differently than your setup. Also install leatrix latency fix (up to 20% improvement on latency) and if you're computer savvy, TCPOptimizer can get few ms off too while download speed are not affected at all. There are all kinds of packet queues and double confirmations that are designed for bursts of data that our softwares normally need and we want individual packets transmitting as fast as possible.

I have virgin 10 mb, soon to be 60mb, only now and then have any issue, but i found it to be the UPLOAD speed that causes problem. currently i upload @ 1mb, when i have 60 mb i will have 6mb upload. Bt in my experience are slow and the "hub doesnt like online gaming. I may be wrong now though as i had bt around 2 years ago.
Yeah wasn't suggesting Virgin have problems with lag, just saying that download speed isn't really the issue :) I could have used anyone as an example ;)

You can always phone your ISP and get your connection tuned to online gaming needs.. Usually latencies are not the primary concern for the regular web users and download speed are never a problem for gamers, even 1/1mb connection is really fine.

Short spikes/connection issues don't bother when you're just surfing or watching youtube, you may get the dreaded buffering from time to time but generally speaking it works.. Try that in gaming.. One 1 second connection issue can ruin your (and possibly many others) 67 minute race that you've trained for weeks while short pause in youtube video stream doesn't do you so much harm.

If you have friends in the same area, you could try analyze their connection.. But don't use their computers for that, they may be configured differently than your setup. Also install leatrix latency fix (up to 20% improvement on latency) and if you're computer savvy, TCPOptimizer can get few ms off too while download speed are not affected at all. There are all kinds of packet queues and double confirmations that are designed for bursts of data that our softwares normally need and we want individual packets transmitting as fast as possible.

I must say I didn't realise there was so much needed to do to set my system up. I will start doing my home work on this as I understand it pays to have a good set up in all departments and can I just say that the advice I'm getting on this site is brilliant many thanks to you all. Now I just want to get myself sorted and start racing with you guys

I must say I didn't realise there was so much needed to do to set my system up. I will start doing my home work on this as I understand it pays to have a good set up in all departments and can I just say that the advice I'm getting on this site is brilliant many thanks to you all. Now I just want to get myself sorted and start racing with you guys
Just go into the multiplayer and look for the race department lobby(host) what ping are you seeing? On the right hand side of the race department line?
If you want, I can host a quick race if you want to check out your connection?

Note, if your connection is decent enough, there's no need to tinker anymore... In FPS games you can get some advantage of faster transmission speeds lowering overall reaction time. But in racing steady is better. Some classes that go over 300km/h thru turns like F1 you may need to start thinking optimizing. Leatrix Latency fix is always recommended, it lowers latency guaranteed and it's one-click install. TCPOptimizer comes in to the picture only if there is issues, windows default setting are not that bad.. XP has more stuff to optimize, win7 practically none.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back