Add-on track issues - steps being taken to prevent

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All, as some of you may be aware, we've been experiencing some rather annoying crashes during events, where we suddenly get a "Next Track" message at some point during the race, and we find ourselves suddenly back at quali.

Looking back over the tracks where this has happened, the tracks all seem to have some similarities - most notably a combination of large download sizes (> 40Mb) & multiple layouts. We also seem to have most reports of frame rate issues with these tracks too.

Therefore, going forward, we'll be completely avoiding using tracks with both of these 2 properties, and also using track versions that come in below the download size limit of 40Mb - preferably < 30Mb (some will be exceptions to this size rule just due to the size -actual length & area- of the track - Le Mans or Nords for example).

Even if it means that our tracks are not the very latest version, or as pleasing on the eye as they could be, I think that we'd all choose a plain track where we can actually finish the race to a pretty one that decides to reset itself after 10 laps or so.

You'll see a few familiar looking downloads going up today - probably ones you didn't even notice had gone - but this is just me restoring the versions that we know work without any server wobbles or nasties.

I hope you all understand my thinking on this.

Stu I can help on tracks if need be like making 2 layout tracks only 1 layout and have 2 folders one for the short tarck and 1 for the long i can also change all the pritty things so as they don't use as many fps just drop me a line if you need any help

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back