(ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface

Apps (ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface 1.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
couple of questions from a newbie!
1) basically want to gather telemetry data on the AC running computer
2) can i have the telemetry reading program/ live telemetry on a laptop or tablet?
3) what goes or has to be installed on the laptop or tablet? (acti.exe & folder goes to laptop/ tablet or to AC running computer?)
4) what needs to be specified in AC? acti app?
5) Motec i2 can be run on laptop/ tablet to view live telemetry and capture telemetry?
6) where do i specify IP of AC running computer and where IP of tablet or laptop?

hope not confusing anyone and maybe someone can help.
thanks to all!

Hi,

I've installed the s/w and it's great bit of kit. But I'd really love to know what the data is telling me, eg should I adjust bumpers up down, suspension rates, alignment etc..

Does anyone know of, or have some additional data that would suggest that, for example if the bell curve on the suspension histogram has kinks, what is it telling me and what to adjust up or down to alleviate the problem, or what the suspension readings or the tyre slip readings are saying etc etc etc...

Without such information, I'm worried all I'll be doing is adjusting or tuning a car completely wrong, and wasting my time.

Thanks to all !

Cant connect. I have no success
>>> Starting Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface v1.1.1...
>>> Initializing...
>>> Initialization complete.
>>> Accepting incoming trig connection...
>>> ACTI Running as Subproc.
>>> Attempting to connect...
>>> Connection established.
>>> ERROR: Dataflow synchronization has timed out.
>>> Connection terminated

Hi guys,

I am back again and installed ACTI.v.1.1.1 + Motec today on a new System

On PC with Steam Assetto Corsa installed, I did:

- Extract the acti sub-archive to your "My Documents" folder (i.e. "C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents").
- Edit config.xml
remote_ip_address="192.168.1.x" -> My notebooks IP adress
- Extract the acti_trig_cntrl sub-archive to your "Assetto Corsa" folder (i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa").
- In Assetto Corsa, go to Options->General and enable the acti app.
- Start an Assetto Corsa in-game session and from the app menu on the right-hand side open the ACTI Trigger Control
- Quit AC
- go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\acti and edit config.ini
local_acti_full_path = C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\acti
trigger_ip0_address = 192.168.1.x -> IP Adress of my notebook
(trigger_ip1_address = localhost ) - > I did not test this
local_acti_auto_launch = 1
auto_trigger = 1
- Start acti.exe 1 time
- Windows Firewall is asking about acti.exe -> allow
- close Acti.exe

On Notebook, I did:

- Extract the acti sub-archive to your "My Documents" folder (i.e. "C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents").
- Edit config.xml
remote_ip_address="192.168.1.x" -> my PC's IP Adress with AC installed
- Extract mi2_pro_1.0.21.0030.rar and install mi2_pro_1.0.21.0030.exe
- Extract the acti_i2_projects sub-archive to your "MoTeC Projects" folder (i.e. "C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\MoTeC Projects").

Acti.exe on notebook automatically connects if a race in AC is started on PC
Windows Firewall on notebook was OFF

After driving 2 laps, I opened the generated acti log in Motec tool.
Very nice !

In this configuration, I drove 3 laps in Monza -> goal was to create a reference_lap (csv) of this track, but this doesn't work for me. Any hints for me ?

kotor

Edit 1: if people have troubles running acti NOT on localhost, they can try following:

- both computers in LAN (2x any version of MS Windows)
- create a folder on PC where acti should run
- enable network share for this folder
- extract and configure acti in this folder
- on computer with AC, map a network drive in Windows explorer (z:\) which points to the shared folder with acti

Edit 2: right now I read 3.1 of the the acti guide -> maybe I should try this one to get a Monza.csv

Last edited:
I deleted and reinstalled acti and motec and now its working fine for me.

However, in motec the reference in the graphs is time, not the distance which means that it is impossible to do a meaningful comparison with other laps. Second, I can not find/view the track diagram.
Reading the post above i realize that i might have to make a reference lap, which might solve my problems.
Or, is it possible to download reference laps? Or am I lost and don't fully understand the motec/acti? Please enlighten me.

I also can't find csv reference maps in the www, but I found out I did not need them !
After driving 2 or more laps, I have all information in Motec, even if there's no reference lap in ACTI.

In general:

- acti running and logging
- drive 3 laps - 1 lap in center of the road, 2nd lap inner edge of the track, 3rd lap outer edge of the track (Am I right here when I say: left boarder - right boarder of the track ?)
- back in the pit, acti saves the log-file automatically
- open the log file in Motec and the track is available ! (File ... Open)
- check this out:
lapcomparisonchfotap1x3.jpg

- the red marks are the most important functions for beginners like me
- now go on with 3.2 of the manual:

To correctly generate the track (and its boundaries) in i2, first log 3 full laps around the circuit (1 while driving the racing line, 1 while driving the outer edge of the track and 1 while driving the inner edge of the track). Go to Tools->Track Editor...->Generate Track..., select the racing line lap, then select "Lateral G & Speed" under Method and "CG Accel Lateral" as the Lateral G Channel and click "Ok". Go back to Generate Track..., this time select the outer edge lap, "GPS" under Method, the GPS Latitude & Longitude channels, "Outer Line" as the Type and click "Ok". Repeat for the inner edge lap

-
now export in format "csv" and you have your own reference lap for Acti:

in Motec's i2 and go to File->Export Data.... Select "Current Range" under "Data Extent", "CSV File" as the "Output File Format" and "5 Hz" as the "Output Sample Rate". Click "Export" and save the file in the acti "reference_laps" folder

OK. I'll try to do that. Shall i put the left wheel on the left border line or the center of the car? Is it important to really hold the line or can I quickly swap from racing line to left boundary line immediately after crossing the start finish line?

Hello I have installed this great APP and it takes me back to my league racing days in GTR2 :) HOWEVER it logs files and I can run MoTec but it has no suspension data no damper or tyre data I have checked and checked and I have installed correctly uninstalled and reinstalled but still no data!!

Hello everyone. I've installed ACTi fresh and clean after recent update and i have this after trying to run app from in game. Connecting from localhost settings btw
"Attempting to connect...
>>> ERROR: Could not connect. UDP receive code = 10054"
What am I doing wrong?

Help! I can't get this to work. I get: "ERROR: Could not connect. UDP receive code = 10054."

I have gone through the instructions and set ACTI to run automatically in-game. I can see both windows OK. I can also start up ACTI manually from my desktop and I see three red lights.

I think I have entered my IP address in correctly but do I even need to enter the IP address if I am only working on my own computer? Is localhost OK?

Also where does it output the log files to? In GTR2 I had to specify a folder.

Either way it doesn't work atm. Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

OK it's suddenly working. All I did was restart AC and acti.

However it only works in-game. If I start ACTI manually I just get three red lights and the error.

I see the log files are saved to acti/telem

Like someone else said, is there any chance we could get the IMO tyre temps? They are available in-game so I assume they can be exported? I don't think a single tyre temp is that useful.

Great work however! :)

Last edited:
First of all, thx for your great work.
For me, one of the most important tools!

One problem:
When I add a TimeReport in MoTec, straight No. 1 isn't displayed.
Time reports only start at Turn 1, filter on straight 1 only brings an error.

Thx in advance for your help, greez

does anyone know how to solve this in i2pro?
in small track window it shows 24h layout instead of tourist
upload_2016-12-29_23-7-13.png

in track report it shows wrong layout too
upload_2016-12-29_23-18-57.png

sorry... solved
regenerated the track in i2pro

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling