Resource icon

Tracks Acme Raceway 0.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
jven submitted a new resource:

Acme Raceway - Fantasy road circuit, 7.3 km.

OK, so here we go - this is my 1st track ever. :)
In that sense, it's a test track and the version 0.6 for initial uploading is probably appropriate. Based on any feedback, I plan to post a 0.7 update within 1 week. Hopefully use of the name "acme" is OK, I was pretty far along before I thought about that. :rolleyes:

Here's what we've got so far:
It's a working track, 7.3 km, and can be raced on. It's mostly flat with between 17-20 turns depending on how you count. :confused: Yes, there are...

Read more about this resource...

map.png Sorry for the delay here, been working and then also working on the track. I'll post the best image I have currently. One lesson I learned is to make the image first, seems much harder to make to match the track than to match the track to the image...:rolleyes:

On Windows 10, you may have to open the "map.png" file in Paint 3D to see it, Paint doesn't seem to show anything. Due to the transparent background most likely. I made it to show in the game, but I found it doesn't have the right orientation, apparently AC expects north to be up or something. :redface:

I was hoping to post an updated track tonight but think it's best to wait at least one more day to put some more effort into it. I'll have a 0.7 update posted before Saturday morning at the latest, and possibly further updates by Sunday evening - I do plan to get this track to at least what I'd consider a 1.0 level as a publishable track without issues. :thumbsup:

map.jpg

Last edited:
jven updated Acme Raceway with a new update entry:

Major track surface updates

OK, getting closer here. For this version, I rebuilt the track from scratch due to issues with the original where cars "fall through the surface". I believe that's completely eliminated in this version.

At the same time, I reworked the track for smoothness and cut out the higher speed sections. The track is now only about 4300m and I think is much more suitable for touring cars, etc.

One note - this track has very little camber, so I'd say as a result you really need to get speed down...

Read the rest of this update entry...

jven updated Acme Raceway with a new update entry:

Many improvements - track, ai, cams

With this update I have made quite a lot of improvements all over.

-Reworked some track sections to smooth out surfaces
-Slightly smoothed out 'the kink' in Sector 3
-Added some barriers, more to come
-Added cameras (my first try)
-Improved AI line significantly as they were frequently hitting the barrier at "the hump"
-Added more trees and some other eye candy with more focus to come on that in future updates

What's left:
-Big one is functional pits, the pits are laid out but not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 52 35.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 85 58.6%