Resource icon

Tracks Acme Raceway 0.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
jven submitted a new resource:

Acme Raceway - Fantasy road circuit, 7.3 km.

OK, so here we go - this is my 1st track ever. :)
In that sense, it's a test track and the version 0.6 for initial uploading is probably appropriate. Based on any feedback, I plan to post a 0.7 update within 1 week. Hopefully use of the name "acme" is OK, I was pretty far along before I thought about that. :rolleyes:

Here's what we've got so far:
It's a working track, 7.3 km, and can be raced on. It's mostly flat with between 17-20 turns depending on how you count. :confused: Yes, there are...

Read more about this resource...

map.png Sorry for the delay here, been working and then also working on the track. I'll post the best image I have currently. One lesson I learned is to make the image first, seems much harder to make to match the track than to match the track to the image...:rolleyes:

On Windows 10, you may have to open the "map.png" file in Paint 3D to see it, Paint doesn't seem to show anything. Due to the transparent background most likely. I made it to show in the game, but I found it doesn't have the right orientation, apparently AC expects north to be up or something. :redface:

I was hoping to post an updated track tonight but think it's best to wait at least one more day to put some more effort into it. I'll have a 0.7 update posted before Saturday morning at the latest, and possibly further updates by Sunday evening - I do plan to get this track to at least what I'd consider a 1.0 level as a publishable track without issues. :thumbsup:

map.jpg

Last edited:
jven updated Acme Raceway with a new update entry:

Major track surface updates

OK, getting closer here. For this version, I rebuilt the track from scratch due to issues with the original where cars "fall through the surface". I believe that's completely eliminated in this version.

At the same time, I reworked the track for smoothness and cut out the higher speed sections. The track is now only about 4300m and I think is much more suitable for touring cars, etc.

One note - this track has very little camber, so I'd say as a result you really need to get speed down...

Read the rest of this update entry...

jven updated Acme Raceway with a new update entry:

Many improvements - track, ai, cams

With this update I have made quite a lot of improvements all over.

-Reworked some track sections to smooth out surfaces
-Slightly smoothed out 'the kink' in Sector 3
-Added some barriers, more to come
-Added cameras (my first try)
-Improved AI line significantly as they were frequently hitting the barrier at "the hump"
-Added more trees and some other eye candy with more focus to come on that in future updates

What's left:
-Big one is functional pits, the pits are laid out but not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years