Accuforce steering wheel

simxperience just come to display their prices !

-- AccuForce Pro MOMO Edition - $1949

--AccuForce Pro - $1749

--AccuForce DIY - A DIY Kit of Motor, Controller and Cables. - $1449

not cheap, but he kept his promise. below 2k. I'm looking forward to the tests now ....

@Dean Ogurek

Not sure if you have had the chance to use the DK2 kit with a SimXperience w/G-4 seat rig yet but I have and its nausea inducing. The combination of the SimXperience rig moving you around coupled with the VR just doesn't feel good at all. It would seem like the next level but its very tough for the brain to comprehend it all without getting sick.

Upvote 0
@Dean Ogurek

Not sure if you have had the chance to use the DK2 kit with a SimXperience w/G-4 seat rig yet but I have and its nausea inducing. The combination of the SimXperience rig moving you around coupled with the VR just doesn't feel good at all. It would seem like the next level but its very tough for the brain to comprehend it all without getting sick.
Just saw this beauty yesterday over at ISR and the design was something I was thinking of doing anyway. Looks like I will be building my own version of this with a pair of SCN-6 from SimXperience. This would be perfect for me since I am limited by space to the closet doors and wouldn't need to extend my rig's footprint anymore.

I can understand about the nausea, haven't seen anyone else run that combo yet but I am super interested in it for the long run. But hey worse case scenario, I keep playing with my triples! :D

Attachments

• Next-Level-Motion-System-Behind.jpg
    Next-Level-Motion-System-Behind.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everybody is assuming that because it doesn't have gears it is the holy grail of durability. Without a gear ratio you have to have a stronger motor, hence more amps and more heat and stronger power supply. I assume they have addressed all the issues with this but there is no way of knowing yet. Time will tell.
It doesn´t run hot at all at the settings mere humans is able to run it at. Much cooler then the Fanatecs and Thrustmasters it looks like from the previews.

What I am afraid of is shipping cost as high as the actual wheel with import taxes included.

Upvote 0
I've been thinking, the difference between the momo pro and the pro version is just the wheel correct? Is the version that comes with the sim xperience wheel, unable to be removed easily? I'm thinking get the lower priced one from them and replace the rim but have two rims for later.

Upvote 0
@Dean Ogurek

Do you have full motion or just the seat? I can see where full motion would cause issues as the Rift alone can induce nausea if things aren't running smoothly. I have been running flight-Sims over the last couple days with some head-judder and it still isn't bad if I move a bit slower. There are a couple of people running full motion sim-rigs with the rift and they have found some creative solutions to make it work pretty well.

The G-seat only has the pressure-flaps - little to no actual movement and you can turn it down if needed as I understand it. I know they don't sell the seat only but, that's essentially what I want to have - even if I have to build my own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been thinking, the difference between the momo pro and the pro version is just the wheel correct? Is the version that comes with the sim xperience wheel, unable to be removed easily? I'm thinking get the lower priced one from them and replace the rim but have two rims for later.
Yeah, I'm not convinced that the Momo is worth the difference. If you subtract the cost of the stock rim and add for the Momo - it's quite expensive.

Upvote 0
It doesn´t run hot at all at the settings mere humans is able to run it at. Much cooler then the Fanatecs and Thrustmasters it looks like from the previews.

What I am afraid of is shipping cost as high as the actual wheel with import taxes included.
I recall Berney stating that they were looking into solutions to address the import tax and shipping cost issues by possibly working with remote distributors.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm not convinced that the Momo is worth the difference. If you subtract the cost of the stock rim and add for the Momo - it's quite expensive.
That's what I was thinking also. I doubt Bernie is trying to get over on anyone but, it could be one way for him to get a little extra margin. Since his team would be the one sourcing the wheels and doing the work for them. I am really hoping the quick release and button box combo is reasonable and just getting the motor and software with a couple of the button box and quick release's from him and sourcing my own wheels like fanatec has now.

Upvote 0
Do you have full motion or just the seat? I can see where full motion would cause issues as the Rift alone can induce nausea if things aren't running smoothly. I have been running flight-Sims over the last couple days with some head-judder and it still isn't bad if I move a bit slower. There are a couple of people running full motion sim-rigs with the rift and they have found some creative solutions to make it work pretty well.

The G-seat only has the pressure-flaps - little to no actual movement and you can turn it down if needed as I understand it. I know they don't sell the seat only but, that's essentially what I want to have - even if I have to build my own.

My younger brother has a full motion SimXperience Stage IV with G-Seat. Its arguably a stage V, but he didn't buy the displays and PC from them. We used our own. It's just very disorienting because the simulator is moving you all around while your head and eyes are both going through their own experience with VR but there's just so much going on that its very hard for the brain to comprehend it all. I'm sure in a real race car you deal with those experiences much better because you have a lot more natural feedback to draw from instead of tricking your brain to believe something is real that isnt. Even the SimXperience Stage IV without the DK2 can leave you feeling a little tired after an hour or more of racing, it just really wears on you. I think the problem may be though that the what you're feeling through your body may not necessarily match up perfectly with what your eyes are seeing in VR causing some disorientation.

Upvote 0
My younger brother has a full motion SimXperience Stage IV with G-Seat. Its arguably a stage V, but he didn't buy the displays and PC from them. We used our own. It's just very disorienting because the simulator is moving you all around while your head and eyes are both going through their own experience with VR but there's just so much going on that its very hard for the brain to comprehend it all. I'm sure in a real race car you deal with those experiences much better because you have a lot more natural feedback to draw from instead of tricking your brain to believe something is real that isnt. Even the SimXperience Stage IV without the DK2 can leave you feeling a little tired after an hour or more of racing, it just really wears on you. I think the problem may be though that the what you're feeling through your body may not necessarily match up perfectly with what your eyes are seeing in VR causing some disorientation.
Yeah - that's understandable and I imagine that all of that movement translates into increased disorientation within the Rift view. I've seen a couple people say that if they could only add one aspect of motion (actually - more tactile feedback), it would be the G-seat as it can sustain some feeling of G-forces - especially when combined with the use of seat-belts/tensioners. The ability to make that in a relatively small package is very desirable for me. The limited movement should work well with the Rift too.

Upvote 0
That motion is probaly just to show its range.....however I struggle to believe using its full range of motion has the expected immersion. As the for the accu wheel, wish I waited a little longer.
I am hoping that my plan will give a little more range. I have a really large racing seat which should give me more room to play with.

Upvote 0
Yeah - that's understandable and I imagine that all of that movement translates into increased disorientation within the Rift view. I've seen a couple people say that if they could only add one aspect of motion (actually - more tactile feedback), it would be the G-seat as it can sustain some feeling of G-forces - especially when combined with the use of seat-belts/tensioners. The ability to make that in a relatively small package is very desirable for me. The limited movement should work well with the Rift too.

The G-seat is good but for me I think its the rear traction loss that feels like I can't live without it.

Upvote 0
We're getting completely off topic here, but @Paul Walker is running the rift with a seat similar ish to the gs4 and prob has comments on that experience.

Using the Geko GS-105 and Rift gives no motion sickness at all, in fact the main reason people have motion sickness is because the FOV is too wide so it does not represent your actual head movement, I found that fine tuning the seat position and making sure FOV is spot on gives no weird feeling at all.

GS-105 also gives rear traction loss G-Force, probably the best bonus of this seat all in all at a fraction of the cost of other solutions.

On top of that as it only moves your torso, it really does compliment the Rift in regards to positional tracking during acceleration and deceleration and lateral G-Force when cornering. In fact, looking at the alternatives, I think I'm lucky that the GS-105 actually ticks every box for VR Sim Racing. :)

Immersive is an understatement.... and can't wait for the CV1 as the DK2 is terrible visually apart from the 3D IMHO.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back