Resource icon

Apps AccelTest 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
PanaRace970 submitted a new resource:

AccelTest - Car performance measurements (0-100, 0-200, 80-120, 100-0, quarter mile, etc.)

AccelTest measures while driving (e.g using the Drag 1000 track):
0-100 Km/h, 0-200 Km/h, 80-120 Km/h, 100-200 Km/h, 100-0 Km/h (in meters), quarter mile (402m) and 1000m. It shows the last and best values for the car.

Just unpack it in ...\apps\python\, enable Acceltest in the general settings and enable it in when driving like any other app.

Read more about this resource...

Very nice app. But is it just me or does the app block one from setting 'new personal best' times in AC in any given car? And if so, can it be fixed? It would become a really strong and useful tool then. And of course if the data in any way could be stored, it would be great. As it is now, you're not able to see the data, unless you're racing. Thanks anyway for an exiting app.

Hmmm... I don't see how it could block the personal best. Maybe you had been in practice mode (which doesn't set personal best)?
The data should be stored in the app directory in the Data subfolder. There is a text file for each car but looks like something broke here. The values aren't stored. I'll look into it.

Hmmm... I don't see how it could block the personal best. Maybe you had been in practice mode (which doesn't set personal best)?
The data should be stored in the app directory in the Data subfolder. There is a text file for each car but looks like something broke here. The values aren't stored. I'll look into it.

No, actually i'm not in practice mode, but i have this huge drag 1000 m tournament going for my self, where i set up all my cars to dragrace each other. For fun, yes, but also to record their 1 km times, so I later can set up more competitive race elsewhere. It's therefore essential to me to keep personal best times. And it is affirmative, that AccelTest somehow blocks - or neglets - the recording of best times. As I've said, AccelTest is a tremendous tool. just needs the little last twerking. :)

Hi PanaRace970.

I've been using you app since a while now to check data and try things.

Would it be possible to add a measurement that starts at a certain speed, but then measures the time to travel a certain amount of distance?
I.e. you want to similate a straight on a race track, you exit a turn with a certain speed, drive the distance to the breaking point and measure that time.

This would help to see how much two different cars (or stock vs. restricted car) gain in time. Sure, 100-200 gives good data, but 1s gain in acceleration doesn't equal 1s gained on a straight.

I.e. set starting speed to 80 kph and then measure the time it takes to drive 600m.

I'm looking for an app that will measure braking distances. It's been suggested HERE that this app will work, but I only see information about acceleration and not deceleration. Can this app be used to measure braking distance?

I think it should be possible.
Been a while since I've used it though.

You need to open the AccelTest.py and look for a bunch of these entries:
m_list.append(measure( 0.0, 100.0))

(the numbers change though)

There you can remove, add or change the values.

How it works:

0-100km/h: m_list.append(measure( 0.0, 100.0))
100-0km/h: m_list.append(measure( 100.0, 0.0))
400m drag time: m_list.append(measure( 400.0, 400.0))

If you use metric values you need to do this under the 'if use_mph' clause or under the 'else' section if you use imperial units.

You can change the numbers to anything you like to (braking and acceleration can also be i.e. 100-200km/h or 200-50km/h, etc.)

I've used this app before, but since switching to a new computer, I can no longer activate the app via the app bar in game. I have enabled it in general settings.

I can't see it in-game (its not in the apps tray at the right side of the screen) but I have it installed correctly with it enabled in the settings. I have other 3rd party apps working but can't see this one.

Hmmm... there isn't really anything special. I assume you copied everything, not only the .py file. Then enable in the Gernal settings and in game by the right icon bar. Otherwise check the log files for errors in <USER>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%