ACC Setup for Podium DD1/DD2

Lads,

coming from my SimuCube2Pro I tested by brothers Fanatec Podium DD1 setup and tried to set it up to replicate the same feeling I get from the SimuCube2. He seems to be overdriving the car a lot.
I drove a few laps, fiddled with the settings, but ... what I was struggling with is
  • getting a good indication for front end grip loss (strength FFB high -> low)
  • loosing that overall "dough stirring" feeling
With the SimuCube I get a lot clearer feedback from when I loose grip mid corner while I overdriving the car, it is far less pronounced on the DD1 no matter which setting I tried to change. Makes it hard to "feel" the tyre properly. Not talking overly pronounced as it was in AC with the understeer setting activated, but just enough to feel when you loose grip.

Secondly the wheel feels very heavy in a wrong way, where it feels like... stirring dough really. Hard to describe. But it feels less responsive / too meaty with less fidelity somehow. The overall amount of FFB strength feels okay though.

Could you please do me a favor and share your setting in the DD1 / DD 2?
Especially interesting if you managed to dial those things out / in.

Much appreciated.
Cheers!

P.S.: I could post my SC2 settings if that helps!

Yeah, sorry for not replying. I asked him and he confirmed he is using the standard Fanatec settings. Although he is not simracing a lot these days....too busy with real life topics. ;-)

There was also a video where Aris gave his thoughts on his settings on his the DD2 for ACC. Can't remember which on the many videos that was though...maybe somebody else on this thread has the info.

Thanks guys! I can't believe he plays with such low ffb... I literally tried his settings and the wheel feels weaker and more muted than my CSL elite before this dd1. Crazy.
DD isn't necessarily about brute force strength. It's about fidelity and precision. At least that is my opinion.
Personally I have dialled my FFB to 10Nm and am quite happy with it.
Remember that modern race cars have power steering. You don't need to wrestle the wheel and have your arms torn off. ;)

DD isn't necessarily about brute force strength. It's about fidelity and precision. At least that is my opinion.
Personally I have dialled my FFB to 10Nm and am quite happy with it.
Remember that modern race cars have power steering. You don't need to wrestle the wheel and have your arms torn off. ;)
True! That’s exactly my opinion.
And I’m not exactly much faster but far more consistent than with a non DD wheel.

• Deleted member 197115

Question on DOR settings. What max DOR is available on GT3 cars, and I guess on upcoming GT4?
Any reason to go over 900?

I’m really struggling with these beta drivers

1st day I get this DD2 I installed the website drivers on the purchase page
Absolutely sublime I wouldn’t change nothing gave me goose pimples,

the leds, gears, displays nothing works without fabalabs software
To get the software needed to update all the base drivers and pc software

now the base has like 14 settings in the tuning menu all these NAT which I never seen before or even understand
0 information anywhere to what they do

but now don’t feel no way near the same base at all no matter what I change
It’s really annoying

has anyone any tips or suggestions on the setup ? :(

I’m really struggling with these beta drivers

1st day I get this DD2 I installed the website drivers on the purchase page
Absolutely sublime I wouldn’t change nothing gave me goose pimples,

the leds, gears, displays nothing works without fabalabs software
To get the software needed to update all the base drivers and pc software

now the base has like 14 settings in the tuning menu all these NAT which I never seen before or even understand
0 information anywhere to what they do

but now don’t feel no way near the same base at all no matter what I change
It’s really annoying

has anyone any tips or suggestions on the setup ? :(
Hi - unfortunately trying to find all the relevant info on the Fanatec forums is not always the easiest task but as a base line explanation of what all the new tuning settings do then try the first page on this link - https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...ate-for-podium-bases-only-all-steering-wheels - also the pdf manual you can download from their main site is worth a read, go to the page for what ever base and wheel you are running and look in the downloads section - hope this helps.

Reactions: CC
Hi - unfortunately trying to find all the relevant info on the Fanatec forums is not always the easiest task but as a base line explanation of what all the new tuning settings do then try the first page on this link - https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...ate-for-podium-bases-only-all-steering-wheels - also the pdf manual you can download from their main site is worth a read, go to the page for what ever base and wheel you are running and look in the downloads section - hope this helps.
Hi,
Yes I have the PDF to the base but only shown 1x NAT settings for the dampers,
I kept reading there forums the info is everywhere lol
thx for the link ill take a read over it :)

Earlier I tried the settings @Lezzam posted,

to be 100% totally truthful here if people are driving with these settings they might as well sell the direct drive and buy a 100$ wheel,

it’s just light as a feather with 0 detail
Felt like my 2.5 with like 20% ffb,

but turned up a few settings in the UI to 50% forces and 90ffb on my wheel it felt maybe 20% improvement to what I felt with the old drivers but still a long way where the potential is on the base,

I have been running with road effects at 75/100 it feels really nice

everywhere I look it’s on 0 again confused to why 0 road effects is presumed to be better,

I read over the info thx tomorrow will have another play now with this new info and understanding :)

Earlier I tried the settings @Lezzam posted,

to be 100% totally truthful here if people are driving with these settings they might as well sell the direct drive and buy a 100$ wheel,

it’s just light as a feather with 0 detail
Felt like my 2.5 with like 20% ffb,

but turned up a few settings in the UI to 50% forces and 90ffb on my wheel it felt maybe 20% improvement to what I felt with the old drivers but still a long way where the potential is on the base,

I have been running with road effects at 75/100 it feels really nice

everywhere I look it’s on 0 again confused to why 0 road effects is presumed to be better,

I read over the info thx tomorrow will have another play now with this new info and understanding :)
I admit that the settings I mentioned before are changed again. But I don’t agree the wheel is at a Madcatz Wheel level with these settings.
What are you looking for, A 100% FFB challenge or trying to communicate with the car?

At this moment I can feel when the front is loosing grip and also oversteer is detected before it’s too late. If the tyres gone bad I’ve hard job to manage the wheel.

But then again, it seems a personal taste in what’s best for someone.

I admit that the settings I mentioned before are changed again. But I don’t agree the wheel is at a Madcatz Wheel level with these settings.
What are you looking for, A 100% FFB challenge or trying to communicate with the car?

At this moment I can feel when the front is loosing grip and also oversteer is detected before it’s too late. If the tyres gone bad I’ve hard job to manage the wheel.

But then again, it seems a personal taste in what’s best for someone.
No far from it,
Still on low torque the high torque key still sealed and inside the box so that should tell you it’s not a ffb challenge,

responsiveness, details and decent enough ffb, when I was watching the graph a few days back with the old driver settings on average was pulling around 6/7nm from what I could see,

yours not even pulling 2nm from a 25nm base.

No far from it,
Still on low torque the high torque key still sealed and inside the box so that should tell you it’s not a ffb challenge,

responsiveness, details and decent enough ffb, when I was watching the graph a few days back with the old driver settings on average was pulling around 6/7nm from what I could see,

Maybe you could try the high torque key. That’s gonna make a lot of difference.

At the end of the week I’m at home again. Then I will look into my settings again. Hopefully we can work towards ‘as good as it can gets’ settings.

Maybe you could try the high torque key. That’s gonna make a lot of difference.

At the end of the week I’m at home again. Then I will look into my settings again. Hopefully we can work towards ‘as good as it can gets’ settings.
I used Wills settings just now from
Boosted Media 1hr ingame trying to fine tune it,
Still not happy with it, it’s better but still some noise and grainy texture feeling,

the website drivers in his video he said they was awful, to me was smooth like silk unless they have been updated since his video,

but yes we really need to get some nice settings together where it feels almost perfect because nothing never is lol

No far from it,

You do not use the high torque key and you are moaning that there is not enough FFB!?!?!? :O_o:
It is like sticking to first gear in your car and moaning it is not fast enough!

The torque key will not only limit the max amount of force by hard cutting it to a maximum force.
It will reduce every FFB output by ~60%!
So little details will although be reduced!

You do not use the high torque key and you are moaning that there is not enough FFB!?!?!? :O_o:
It is like sticking to first gear in your car and moaning it is not fast enough!

The torque key will not only limit the max amount of force by hard cutting it to a maximum force.
It will reduce every FFB output by ~60%!
So little details will although be reduced!
NM

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back