ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.8.1

• ARC Leaderboard - Use driver short name rather than account nickname
  • ARC Leaderboard - Deleting a session will resend the leaderboard (in case fastest times are affected)
  • Leaderboard - speed up queries
    • Parent tracks categories (ie Silverstone, Barcelona, Paul Ricard, Spa) still use old slow queries at the moment though
  • Leaderboard - extra columns available (tyre & track conditions etc)
  • Delete session/Change track year will resend leaderboard and update...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion V1.8.1 Released (here)

Headlines:-

ARC Leaderboard
The ARC Leaderboard has changed slightly. I'd inadvertently been pulling in the nicknames instead of the short names. For consistency with other sessions, other drivers will now have their short name published instead of the nickname. Until others upgrade, you may see drivers without a nick/short name now but that will update once the new information is available.

To fix the data, the ARC leaderboard will be removed then refreshed. The progress bar now shows all phases of the update so you can see when it is ready.

Other enhancements ensure that old personal bests from others are removed once improved upon (rather than lying around in the DB) and if you delete a session it will resend your leaderboard, incase a personal best is affected.

Also, the size of leaderboards is putting strain on the display, so the queries to retrieve the data have been improved (at the moment the parents for multi-year tracks still use the old query, so for example the leaderboard for "Barcelona" will be slower than "Barcelona (2018)"

More Leaderboard Columns
More relevant columns are available (eg tyre and track state). Note the track state is in the language of the player sending the personal best - this is a field generated by ACC

1605293819754.png

Leaderboard Team Colours
Click in the new Colour column of Teams and you can select a colour for the team to make the display even more garish.

1605292408804.png

The leaderboard will be updated for player colours in the order of
  • Player car
  • User team member (if the driver is in more than one team, it just picks the first)
  • ARC team member
Others
There's a few other bug fixes for issues that people found - see the release notes (Here). Also, I found a couple of lap records for Super Trofeo so these are included

Finally, a big thank you to all those that have hit the Donate button. Your support is very much appreciated. It is a closely guarded secrete, that the donate button gives you faster lap times, makes you more attractive and completely cures baldness...probably ;)

Enjoy !

Doug, is there some setting I’m missing for my nationality and flag to show? My player profile in-game shows Canada as my country and the car livery editor has Japan as the team’s country. I’d think it should show one or the other in the table.

AFFD247E-95C2-4B7C-93D3-E1A68F8F41E1.png

Doug, is there some setting I’m missing for my nationality and flag to show? My player profile in-game shows Canada as my country and the car livery editor has Japan as the team’s country. I’d think it should show one or the other in the table.

View attachment 419612

This is a slight oddity in the way I interpret single player sessions. ACC reports the driver as say Luca Stolz, but if I recognise it is the player car, I substitute the player's account name but keep all other attributes of the driver (category and nationality).

Now another oddity is SP races - I get the information from the results file (for various reasons). All the extra info about the driver is missing here so the category is always bronze and there is no nationality. I haven't quite completed the merging of results files and broadcast information to enrich the results - I still have a few hurdles to overcome.

However, it does make more sense just to use your own info - I'll put this on the list.

BTW, For what it's worth, you appear to everyone else as Canadian
1605342600226.png

Note: this will be addressed in 1.8.2

Just a small point - the lap time I see listed there tells me it’s from an MP, not SP, race. I recognize the time as from my SimGrid session last night.

Another thought - I don’t recall if there is a opt out setting to not have one‘s data uploaded to be shared with other users. If I missed it I’m sorry. If there isn’t one, I would suggest you add it, as not everyone will be comfortable having their stats viewable by everyone else. Perhaps also set it as disabled by default with a query to the user if they wish to participate. If in my eagerness to enjoy your tool I missed all that and breezed through to allow it all, please forgive me.

Just a small point - the lap time I see listed there tells me it’s from an MP, not SP, race. I recognize the time as from my SimGrid session last night.

Another thought - I don’t recall if there is a opt out setting to not have one‘s data uploaded to be shared with other users. If I missed it I’m sorry. If there isn’t one, I would suggest you add it, as not everyone will be comfortable having their stats viewable by everyone else. Perhaps also set it as disabled by default with a query to the user if they wish to participate. If in my eagerness to enjoy your tool I missed all that and breezed through to allow it all, please forgive me.

If you double click on the leaderboard record, it will take you to the session. The "API" column tells you what provided the information (eg RESULTS/SERVER/UDP for SP Race, Servers Results or a Broadcast/UDP recording of an online race). The first two don't give too many details of drivers, whereas the latter does. Regardless, it will be changed such the the display is dynamic - it will pick up your current nationality/category for the player.

Fair point about the opt out - I'll look to add that

same race, but the gap from every drivers in the ACC Companion it's very different from the reality...
A bug? Thanks

Attachments

• nurb gara.JPG
    nurb gara.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 45
  • nurb garaissima.JPG
    nurb garaissima.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 45
same race, but the gap from every drivers in the ACC Companion it's very different from the reality...
A bug? Thanks

Possibly a bug, but possibly not. The gaps reported by the app are unlikely to match closely those reported by ACC. ACC reports the theoretical gap whereas ARC attempts to report the actual gap - ie

ACC: When you cross the line it estimates how long it would take at your current speed to get to the where the car in front current is. At best this is an approximation, as worst it is misleading. For example, if the car in front stopped immediately after the line then the gap reported would be way too small.

ARC: The time every car crosses the line is recorded and deltas computed from that, which is what you would see in a real race. It is dependent on getting the baseline time that each car starts the race from (which ACC makes surprisingly tricky).

To confirm what is going on, I'd need the diagnostics (right click on session and select Export Diagnostics) and ideally the replay as well so I can check the timing

a clarification please: when I use the leaderboard function, does it consider me the best time of each individual driver on a given track even between different sessions recorded by the server, even on different days?

I've just found a note I made back when I implemented gaps (27th March and 5th May) that they weren't really implemented for server results for server results as the information isn't in the files. I can work out the total times for each cars, but I don't have the times relative to each other because I don't know when they crossed the line at the start relative to each other. Gaps are provided just because I've tried to fit server results into the data model designed for client results where there is full info.

Actually, thinking about it, I do have the total times for each car and their difference appears to match the leaderboard in ACC, so I can probably work backwards to see when each car crossed the start line and get all the gaps from there. I'd have to check if the numbers do add up.

Bear in mind, the best I can do is match what I believe are pseudo gaps provided by ACC. If you compared this against the real gaps recorded client side (or a replay), there would still be discrepencies.

I'll add this to the list for a future release.

a clarification please: when I use the leaderboard function, does it consider me the best time of each individual driver on a given track even between different sessions recorded by the server, even on different days?

The leaderboard just shows the best valid lap for each driver in each car on a given track across all days, sessions and track conditions. You can limit the leaderboard by day etc if you just want to show for certain times

Old bug is back, on v1.8.1, session result is not automatically refreshed after changing track year. Previously, change was automatically applied.

edit : beware when collecting data, in EU you must conform to GDPR.
Small reminder : "Data controllers must clearly disclose any data collection, declare the lawful basis and purpose for data processing, and state how long data is being retained and if it is being shared with any third parties or outside of the EEA"

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea