ACC in VR - Poll

Please be objective on what we have right now in comparison to your other favorite VR Sim Racing titles.
No-one knows if Kunos are even able to fix everything in VR, so wishful thinking isn't constructive.

VR is really still unusable for me - period. The UI menu is inaccessible as it's well below the screen. So, getting to actually race in VR is impossible.

FWIW, this is with WMR and has been the same issue since VR was first implemented in ACC. I don't understand why this can't be corrected. Another early release racing sim using the Unreal engine (KartKraft) has gotten it figured out, so why can't Kunos?
try this but save your original file i had the same problem ,the file is in my documents acc config vr set

Attachments

• vrSettings.json
    270 bytes · Views: 155
  • Deleted member 197115

I still don't understand how UE4 that supposed to be pinnacle/swiss knife of modern graphics engines can perform that badly VR AND flat screen.
Is it mostly overhyped marketing that it is really that good? No triple screen support, no proper antialiasing, bad performance, input lag. Just ditch it already and move on to something more suitable for racing title, not Fortnite.

There have certainly been quite a few horror stories on UE now. It always produces a problem for VR since it lacks the ability to support MSAA and without good anti aliasing VR looks pretty bad. If they had a forward+ rendering mode and that was what was used then I expect we may see different results, but alas deferred rendering and hence bad AA and the blurriness that entails produces quite results especially in VR. In other regards it can produce good images but it is definitely producing mixed results as more games release using it.

The main problem is that ACC VR image quality is a lot worse than AC; The old AC is way better in VR and this is pretty sad.
Performance, UI, .. are also problems but the main issue is the terrible visual quality; it is blurry, unclear and with a lot of aliasing even with AA on high/epic.
The game is still almost playable but having a visual quality significantly worse than the old generation sim is frankly unacceptable.

try this but save your original file i had the same problem ,the file is in my documents acc config vr set

Hallelujah! I installed the file you provided and now the UI screen is where it should be! I'm finally able to move ahead and actually try racing in VR!

I did a quick practice lap at Monza and find that the VRimage is quite clear! Haven't tried a race yet though.... My only remaining complaint is lack of mouse support in VR (but I can live with that).

Bottom line - it's time for me to take ACC "off the shelf" again after ignoring it for so long. Thanks!

Hallelujah! I installed the file you provided and now the UI screen is where it should be! I'm finally able to move ahead and actually try racing in VR!

I did a quick practice lap at Monza and find that the VRimage is quite clear! Haven't tried a race yet though.... My only remaining complaint is lack of mouse support in VR (but I can live with that).

Bottom line - it's time for me to take ACC "off the shelf" again after ignoring it for so long. Thanks!
cool bert ,i wish i could get mine clear ,i cannot even read the delta time ,the only time i know i am going faster is when it turns green ,and i have tried all sorts of settings to make it better ,it is a blurry mess for me ,that is with a 8700 and a titan 1080 , so i have given up on it for now

• Deleted member 379375

Wheres the 'unplayable' option in the poll.
Since 07 I reluctantly have to play in monitor mode, didn't think I could go back but it"s okay after a few hours.
I'm hoping Kunos put a team on VR, tripple and TrackIR before they start on consoles (it's bound to happen even if it's just next gen).
If they are unable to support these technologies adequately they need to communicate that to the community.

The main problem is that ACC VR image quality is a lot worse than AC; The old AC is way better in VR and this is pretty sad.
Performance, UI, .. are also problems but the main issue is the terrible visual quality; it is blurry, unclear and with a lot of aliasing even with AA on high/epic.
The game is still almost playable but having a visual quality significantly worse than the old generation sim is frankly unacceptable.
I can't agree with any of that. The graphics are much better on average, Even though I have to run ACC at pretty much low everything, meaning I'm missing out on effects, the base ACC is better than AC. I can run AC with everything maxed out and fairly high SS, and it looks great, but it's still dated looking compared to ACC. If I could run ACC maxed out it would look much better than AC.

I am disappointed with performance but I knew before this title came out it was going to be a hog. I think my card (1070) isn't up to the task of VR in ACC, it hasn't lasted long. I think I'm going to have to buy a 2070 to get better performance. I know that's not ideal but that's progress, games get more complicated and need more hersepwer.

If this was a game I'd be pretty annoyed. But this is a sim, I asked for more features and have to accept that those features come at a cost.

• Deleted member 197115

Vanilla AC looks rather drab, but with CSP and SOL it's a completely different beast. Along with a great performance and proper MSAA support it's VR nirvana.

The VR has become quite good from the smoothness and the visual quality, I'm running an i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz with a 1080 card and 16Gb memory. If I turn down some of the visual goodies, it runs smoothly and still looks good.
My main beef is with the UI implementation in VR. It is clunky and unreliable, and why, in all the world, does it have NO MOUSE SUPPORT in VR? That's a joke, right? So I have to allocate all the buttons on my wheel just to be able to navigate around the VR menu, and then open the visor on my VR headset to be able to select the rest using the keyboard? What were they thinking? :confused:
Yeah right: UE4 and Kunos, on the bleeding edge of technology......not. :poop:
Other games with UE4 have mouse support, how hard can it be? It just boggles my mind that Kunos have dropped the ball so badly, and no improvement in sight. Their lack of communication doesn't help either, nobody seems to know what's going on, back to PC2, R3E and rF2 where the VR works and has mouse support, until such time as Kunos have understood how UE4 works :D

My main beef is with the UI implementation in VR. It is clunky and unreliable, and why, in all the world, does it have NO MOUSE SUPPORT in VR? That's a joke, right? So I have to allocate all the buttons on my wheel just to be able to navigate around the VR menu, and then open the visor on my VR headset to be able to select the rest using the keyboard? What were they thinking? :confused:
Yeah right: UE4 and Kunos, on the bleeding edge of technology......not.
That's more than likely an EA issue.

These are the only two options? For all your talk of objectivity your bias could not be more clear and it makes this poll meaningless.

There is value in having this conversation, but not when framed like this.

I’m not voting in the poll because neither option represents my opinion but, for what it’s worth, the VR runs well for me and the game looks great. However, VR makes me extremely motion sick so I’ve probably only played 2 or 3 hours total in VR; I’m completely open to the idea that there are issues that might crop up with more time invested in it.
Are you sure you are not getting sick from dropped frames? I don't get sick from titles that run smooth without issues, unfortunately, and I wish this wasn't the case as I've upgraded my CPU and GPU to Intel/RTX card combo, but I get slight almost indistinguishable stutters and dropped frames - then roll on the motion sickness! So far it's only ACC I get it, which is a shame, i love the game. I think till things are slightly more polished out I'll stick to VR in RRRE.

Are you sure you are not getting sick from dropped frames? I don't get sick from titles that run smooth without issues, unfortunately, and I wish this wasn't the case as I've upgraded my CPU and GPU to Intel/RTX card combo, but I get slight almost indistinguishable stutters and dropped frames - then roll on the motion sickness! So far it's only ACC I get it, which is a shame, i love the game. I think till things are slightly more polished out I'll stick to VR in RRRE.

I don't think so, but I guess I can't be sure. I can say that I definitely get sick in every sim racing title I've tried in VR, including regular AC without the car shader pack or Sol, which my system should be able to run with no issue at all (I also have recently upgraded to an RTX2070, 9600k, etc...). I also get motion sick from non-racing VR experiences like flight sims. Anything where I'm controlling something in 3D space.

However, if I'm using an HTC Vive and up walking around in a virtual room I have no issues at all. I'm also prone to motion sickness in real cars when someone else is driving if I look down for too long. I'm fortunate to have access to these VR headsets from work, so I can keep experimenting with them. I'm told some people are able to get accustomed to it with repeated use, so I'll keep trying!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back