ACC fake physics

I compare here real life, ACC, rfactor2, ams2, project cars2, raceroom, live for speed, beam.ng.
And i can tell you. Physics is so fake in ACC. it looks to me like they just made one trail you should follow and its a pro trail , the trail that pro drivers know and follow, and you good as long as you stay on that trail and stay in correct steering wheel/pedals/gear/rpm digital parameters. But try to stay out that pro trail and have lower/higher gear that devs decided you should have. or have 10km/h more/less speed devs decided you should have, try have wheel turned 50 degree too much/too little the devs decided. And cars just behave unresponsive and weird slide can happen..
As i look at gt3 cars, they very light cars, they have big downforce, much HP, wide sticky tyres, they should be so much responsive, as i watch real life footage i can see how they so much slidey and controllable at same time. I never driver gt3 car in real life but driven gt3 in other sims, and most i prefer it in rF2, i can see car so responsive like when you take corner too fast and you just understeering you can put throttle off and you immediately gain steering again, sometimes slight brake is needed, also same thing in ams2, in beam.ng, in raceroom. All that sims have car so much responsive even for small inputs, slight throttle off, small braking, and car react just immediately , in acc thing is different, it feels more like driving a heavy trucks.
For me it seems like devs just set a one trail you should follow for every track, and if you somehow stay out that trail and driving into this trail with wrong gear/speed/wheel/pedals parameter you just lost. I noticed this after making long pause from simracing and i went to ACC and i noticed if i take turn good im good, but if i take turn too fast or too slow car just goin off track no matter i correct my steering and pressing brake. that thing is not present in rfactor, if i go into turn too fast i just straighten wheel press brakes and car just slows down as it supposes to and then i car turn more, if i go into turn too slow i car just full throttle it and turn more and then im still good, the thing is i just loose some time, but in ACC its so much different, it looks like you had one chance every turn to take that turn the good/perfect way, otherwise you doomed, once you take turn wrong way like too fast you just cant slow down mid turn cause car not response to you braking, car wont slow down and also wont turn. it looks like they made only one possible trail to follow and its magic trail that withing it physics only is applied, outside trail you in different world with different physics.
would be interesting to see someting like spid pan for ACC, cause right now i think every track they make, they dont have physics make as per game, but physics as per track and per perfect trail

know what i mean? compare beam.ng its sandbox game, you can make you own tracks and decide every degree how track looks, you can also make track that is 90 degree tilted, and it will be vertical, but you still can drive it as long as its round, so you have so called WALL OF DEATH and its possible in beamng. also in rF2 you can make your own traccs and you just make track and game engine makes physics for that track itself depending on how you made it. in beam.ng you can even port tracks from assetto corsa 1 and it work just good. they thing is you can port track from AC1 into beam .ng and you cant make a single mod track in ACC is that every track in ACC, every turn in ACC is programmed manually , game read parameters from you device and decides if you good to make turn , the whole game have not its physcis engine as per world, but they have programmed fake physics for every turn at every track, and you driving must fit into parameters they decided are good for said track/turn

Hmmm. The gt3 cars do feel a bit different from iracing/ams2 for me.

But I really like how their gt4 cars feel, even if I try to stay away because I "picked" iracing's "meta".

Just started playing CARS 2 and ACC, but GT3 class in CARS 1 seemed to be harder to drive at least in dry and low-medium rain conditions (wrote about it in my thread). Actually, with medium TC and ABS (default settings) cars in ACC drive so easily, that it reminds me of F1 games with TC and ABS on or even GRID Autosport... :p (OK, I'm exaggerating now...)

"if i go into turn too fast i just straighten wheel press brakes and car just slows down as it supposes to and then i car turn more"

Exactly the same happens here. And because cars stick to the track, doing such thing is sometimes (it still depends on car, track, setup) easier than it was in CARS 1. For example on Brands Hatch in ACC I was able to correct my speed and trajectory in the middle of the first corner easier (of course it drastically affects lap time, but that's not the point now), while in CARS 1 I had to break into it perfectly and turn my wheel perfectly to match trajectory, because much more corrections on the drive down the curve, towards the apex, ended in a skid...

Damn, I think it's trolling (and no, I'm am not uncritical of this game, i think it's focused on top players and highest skill level to some degree)

Last edited:
Damn, life is short.
I don't really have time to dive so deep in the physic ACC, but thanks for sharing.

I will never have the opportunity to drive a real GT3 car on track. So I don't really care if the physic is right or not .
What I see is that when I start the game, I have pleasure with good graphics, immersive sound , nice modeled tracks and cars, decent AI
That's all I count for me.
Today I will start ACC,. tomorow LMU, next week GTR2 or RBR, then raceroom or again ACC.
All fantastic sims.

My opinion may differs from other people. all good.

It looks to me like they just made one trail you should follow and its a pro trail , the trail that pro drivers know and follow, and you good as long as you stay on that trail and stay in correct steering wheel/pedals/gear/rpm digital parameters.

I kinda agree with this :) Car does go to hell if u deviate slightly from programed line.
Didn't read the rest.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back