ACC AI

AI just race into your backside all the time.

Lost count of how many times I have had to restart a race.

Games from 1998 like Grand Prix Legends had way better ai.

Looks like it's a part of the sim tacked on and not worked on as much as the other parts of the sim.

I am a slow driver but that shouldn't make any difference,if a car is about to rear end a car in front ,it usually should put the brakes on and find a way to pass a different way instead of Destruction Derby style tactics.

I am enjoying the physics though just the ai is awful and it's 2019.

Last edited:
from what I've seen during these years it's more a problem of moving around while braking.. usually you can brake super early and be clear of contacts as long you stay on 1 line without moving on the inside.
Hmm, good point. Did two races on Zolder yesterday and got rear ended at the first chicane three times. Competitor AI had quite some overspeed into the first part of the chicane. Third time was being pushed off the track mid chicane.
Watched the replay to analyse. Did I move during braking? Hmmm, not sure. Will have to monitor in the upcoming races.

ya it's always a good idea to watch a replay, possibly from the heli cam of what happened.

I am in no way claiming AI is "perfect".. I do see videos or gifs sometimes that make me go "WTF happened there? how is that even possible?"... but I'd say it's a super small minority of what I've seen since the early days of AC...it's usually a small variation of "moving on the line of an AI already committed to it and thus unable to brake in time to avoid the player" or "expecting the AI to stop racing and brake to allow the player to pass".

I think the most important thing to understand is that AI can't bend physics rules (although they actually do in ACC in order to try to avoid these kind of situations) so leaving them no space to move or brake it's a recipe for disaster.

I'd love to see the AI compromised more by its late braking.

That's the disconnect for me, between humans and AI in AC / ACC.

The AI will fight, will brake late whether attacking or defending, which is great, and human-like.

But whereas the average human will severely compromise their exit speed, the AI seems to have miraculous powers of recovery on the apex, and gets the same drive out of the corner that they usually would.

My experience is, when AI is battling me, they seem to catch up time to the cars in front of them where, if they hadn't been battling, they wouldn't have caught it up.

It makes me think 'if late braking into corners like that means you can catch up to the cars in front, why don't you do it all the time'?!

Trying to finish the night Zolder career race and got rear ended by a car which made me lose a wheel,AI horrendous in this sim,Maldonaldo like.

A shame because I am enjoying everything else.

I'm certainly not the fastest driver in the world but the only time I tend to get rear-ended is if I brake too early for a corner. The AI are not perfect but they seem to give me a good race apart from the odd first-corner bunch up.

Yes,I am having brake problems as well in this sim,might try something in the setup.

Put the brake ducts up to 5 but car takes forever to stop and back ai car slams into me.

Giving the sim a miss as I am getting the black dog on the shoulders.

Last edited:
In early access the AI seemed much less prone to avoidable contact. My SA was in the 90s. Since v1.0 I struggle to keep an SA of 75. Especially entering slow turns, the AI seem like they were going to run at a certain pace and braking point regardless of if there is a car occupying the space they are headed for. In contact the AI typically don't spin out, and they never yield the spot back. It's nerve wracking as I am trying to preserve SA - although I do notice now some servers have lowered their min SA rating to join.

It's nerve wracking as I am trying to preserve SA - although I do notice now some servers have lowered their min SA rating to join.
same here, mine has gone down to 56 due to all the wet races in the 2018 Championship, or rather my ineptitude at floating over a track rather than feeling what your virtual wheels are supposed to be doing. I will now do a couple of dry no-weather-change races and try to stay really close behind the AI to get it back up to 75.

Last edited:
Well, I set AI level to 87 and aggression to 40. But regardless of aggression level (I tried 90+) AI is very predictable what results that races looks lifeless. Scenario of all races is the same - I know exactly where on the track AI will drive in a row and where they will to try to overtake. Yes, AI in ACC is pretty decent compared to AC, but still its not top level like Raceroom where AI more fight what result to unexpected situations and more fun.

Agree. I am beginning to like Raceroom more along with RF2 instead of ACC.

I don't think lowing the difficulty lowers the AI breaking point. So if you break early and they are close they can't stop in time to avoid. I have never been rear ended by the AI, 94AI, 90Agression. I have been pushed off the track going around the outside or tapped on the inside. I've learnt to always leave space, even if the AI only have just a nose in.

Yes,I am having brake problems as well in this sim,might try something in the setup.

Put the brake ducts up to 5 but car takes forever to stop and back ai car slams into me.

Giving the sim a miss as I am getting the black dog on the shoulders.
not sure why your opening your break ducts, opening them will cause the breaks to cool to much. Aggressive setup seems good, sometimes I'll close the rears by 1. To reduce breaking distance you can reduce break bias. Also the more you can trail break int a corner the later you can break.

I like the AI in ACC.
I am not super fast but i manage to use the AI pretty easily.

I use 97 AI with about 60 aggression.

I use the AI to prepare a race. I usually start in the middle on the field, and just try to follow the pack, and overtake when possible.
I can not follow the pace of the leaders.

But it is always enjoyable and challenging enough to prepare the race, check the places where il is possible to overtake or not, .....

... I use the AI to prepare a race. I usually start in the middle on the field, and just try to follow the pack, and overtake when possible.
I can not follow the pace of the leaders. But it is always enjoyable and challenging enough to prepare the race, check the places where il is possible to overtake or not, .....
nice, that is exactly what I do, though I set their aggression at 99% and ability only at 93%. I then put myself in the lowest fifth of the grid and battle in the back, excellent preparation in the days before my league races each Friday. After the AI race I know exactly how different lines through the turns work, how much fuel to take, how tires will feel before mandatory pit, etc..

Last edited:
I like the AI in ACC now. I run at 97% ability and 100% aggression (I'm a BTCC man at heart) and you really need to keep an eye on the rear view mirror - If you've got Seb Morris or Frank Bird closing on you then you you need to think fast - can you defend the position, or is it better to let them by, because if you leave them a gap they will go for it.

I hear so many complaints about being rear ended by the AI in ACC, but it's simply that those people don't have situational awareness - closing the door on a car that's going faster and has already got to your rear end is just going to send you into the kitty litter, regardless of whether it's in the rules or not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back