AC-X (GamepadFX)

Apps AC-X (GamepadFX) 1.0A

Login or Register an account to download this content
If you check the option that the wheel gets centered automatically, it kicks in while in full angle drift and reduces steering angle.
But this option somehow makes drifting feel better imo, if it just didn't behave that way at full angle.
You're not wrong. I don't recommend disabling centering, it's just there for proof of concept and testing, it's also nice for leaving the wheels turned in photo mode. The thumbstick naturally centers so this setting just ignores input.

AC-X wasn't built with drifting in mind, there's things I can try to make drifting better but I'm focusing on some other features right now for the next update. I let the gyro do it's thing and tap the steering for corrections, I had pretty good results reducing my steering speed to calm the centering down. Human multiplier above 1.0 will make it worse

Defaults on AC-X works well for low speed drifting like drift playground or hooning around parking lots but if you're primarily doing serious drifting I would recommend a different gamepadFX meant for it. A7 is the CarX style one most drifters seem to use. CarX input works well by converting return to center into angle control, and keeping countersteer on the same side as turn-in

Is it possible for someone to post base settings for grip/drifting?

I use defaults with "slower" steering preset for all grip driving.
Curious what other people are using. For drifting read the above

You're not wrong. I don't recommend disabling centering, it's just there for proof of concept and testing, it's also nice for leaving the wheels turned in photo mode. The thumbstick naturally centers so this setting just ignores input.

AC-X wasn't built with drifting in mind, there's things I can try to make drifting better but I'm focusing on some other features right now for the next update. I let the gyro do it's thing and tap the steering for corrections, I had pretty good results reducing my steering speed to calm the centering down. Human multiplier above 1.0 will make it worse

Defaults on AC-X works well for low speed drifting like drift playground or hooning around parking lots but if you're primarily doing serious drifting I would recommend a different gamepadFX meant for it. A7 is the CarX style one most drifters seem to use. CarX input works well by converting return to center into angle control, and keeping countersteer on the same side as turn-in

I use defaults with "slower" steering preset for all grip driving.
Curious what other people are using. For drifting read the above
AC-X is better imo, and I've tweaked the setting to where it's very challenging and feeling "real" (as much as possible with a gamepad).
With the setting I currently run you gotta control your throttle more and countersteer a little as well, unlike A7 which is just easy mode imho.

For testing I used excite or dwg cars, with the former being more challenging.
The AiO cars with either excite or dwg physics selected work great as well.

I don't recommend and don't like WDTS, Gravy, and the rest.

AC-X is better imo, and I've tweaked the setting to where it's very challenging and feeling "real" (as much as possible with a gamepad).
With the setting I currently run you gotta control your throttle more and countersteer a little as well, unlike A7 which is just easy mode imho.

For testing I used excite or dwg cars, with the former being more challenging.
The AiO cars with either excite or dwg physics selected work great as well.

I don't recommend and don't like WDTS, Gravy, and the rest.

Nice man, that's cool. I'm sorry if it's still kind of a struggle, I know there's some strange behavior when drifting sometimes. You can also try making the curve flatter at the end, it would help with high-angle control at the cost of center-stick being more twitchy.

I just used WDTS as an example because they're popular with servers, although a lot of IRL drifters say that drifting is pretty easy. So I don't know, I'm not a drifter as I mentioned. But I will try to make AC-X more drift friendly in the future.

Amazing work on this mate. You mentioned above that you were curious what other settings people use for this and wanted to post mine here. I mostly drive street cars and run touge tracks where i'm looking for a mix of grip and drifting. I'll probably continue to tweak these as I go but they've been working great for now.

General
Speed - 50 (I will make slight adjustments depending on track)
Feedback - 60
Align - 70
Smoothing - 50
Rumble - OFF (I use default AC rumble)

Deadzones
on

Inner - 0.5
Outer - 100

Return to center
on

Gyro
Angle 2
Speed 1.25
Human 1

Curve

AC-X wasn't built with drifting in mind, there's things I can try to make drifting better
Just checking in, wondering iif you found the time to look into it?

I got the settings down to perfection now, for my drifting style that it, and all it needs is the wheel just staying where it's at mid drift, and not turning back towards center by itself.
Sometimes it even goes back and forth, obviously messing the line up in the process.

Was this script meant to not have an auto clutch for taking off or does it have that feature ? I don’t like how the car stalls when I go into 1st lol and I would use the clutch on the left stick as an option but I make turns rolling my stick , so it’s always pushed up… maybe it does have that feature and since I have the clutch binded to square it interferes ?

Just checking in, wondering iif you found the time to look into it?

I got the settings down to perfection now, for my drifting style that it, and all it needs is the wheel just staying where it's at mid drift, and not turning back towards center by itself.
Sometimes it even goes back and forth, obviously messing the line up in the process.

Not really any drift-specific changes, but there are definitely improvements with the next version. In general it's going to be a more refined version of AC-X and maybe I can do a drift extra after that to experiment with giving you more control without compromising the feel of the base system. There's room for improvement with my steering linkage mechanic ("gyro") but I'm struggling with the physics of it. The more realistic that is, the better all types of driving will be.

I've been trying to work on my HUD as well and some other projects so it's taking more time than expected but I do really want to get this next version out there as soon as I can

Was this script meant to not have an auto clutch for taking off or does it have that feature ? I don’t like how the car stalls when I go into 1st lol and I would use the clutch on the left stick as an option but I make turns rolling my stick , so it’s always pushed up… maybe it does have that feature and since I have the clutch binded to square it interferes ?
We already talked on Discord but for anybody else wondering there's no auto clutch yet

Not really any drift-specific changes, but there are definitely improvements with the next version. In general it's going to be a more refined version of AC-X and maybe I can do a drift extra after that to experiment with giving you more control without compromising the feel of the base system. There's room for improvement with my steering linkage mechanic ("gyro") but I'm struggling with the physics of it. The more realistic that is, the better all types of driving will be.

I've been trying to work on my HUD as well and some other projects so it's taking more time than expected but I do really want to get this next version out there as soon as I can

We already talked on Discord but for anybody else wondering there's no auto clutch yet
Looking forward to it!

Btw what does alignment do?

Looking forward to it!

Btw what does alignment do?
It increases vehicle self-centering at very close to center stick, to help cars drive more straight. It won't really do anything while drifting. You should be able to graph it, at least in my version I can. It's a pretty mild effect even at 100

When a driver uses a wheel they can hold the steering straight with as much force as needed. With controller, a predefined strength curve is one of the main limitations, it makes center stick the weakest strength. This is also why you get more FFB wobble the closer to center stick you are

Amazing work on this mate. You mentioned above that you were curious what other settings people use for this and wanted to post mine here. I mostly drive street cars and run touge tracks where i'm looking for a mix of grip and drifting. I'll probably continue to tweak these as I go but they've been working great for now.

General
Speed - 50 (I will make slight adjustments depending on track)
Feedback - 60
Align - 70
Smoothing - 50
Rumble - OFF (I use default AC rumble)

Deadzones
on

Inner - 0.5
Outer - 100

Return to center
on

Gyro
Angle 2
Speed 1.25
Human 1

Curve
What are your in game settings > Settings > Assetto Corsa > Controls > Steering and FFB or does these settings override those?

Guys, I would like to share with you my setup and the problems I had. Firstly, I'm a drifter and I've used all types of scripts, but I was looking for a more realistic script and not something robotic like the A7 assist and other derivatives. That's when I found this AC-X. At first it was very complicated to configure, a lot of mistakes and successes until arriving at a pleasant configuration to drive casual and competitive cars such as VDC, DCGP and WDT. I will post attached to this comment my configuration used and the change I made in the script code to fix my problem. Return to center is a problem in this script as it is stronger than the ffb and the stick input, causing a constant oscillation or even loss of front when drifting. So I would like to suggest a configuration for the next update, which would make it possible to regulate the speed of return to center separately from the speed of the steering wheel. This would fix the problem and make the drift smoother. Below is the video with my configuration and a VDC run. At the beginning of the video I show the line that I changed in the script files. (Sorry for the spelling mistakes, I'm using Google Translate.)

Guys, I would like to share with you my setup and the problems I had. Firstly, I'm a drifter and I've used all types of scripts, but I was looking for a more realistic script and not something robotic like the A7 assist and other derivatives. That's when I found this AC-X. At first it was very complicated to configure, a lot of mistakes and successes until arriving at a pleasant configuration to drive casual and competitive cars such as VDC, DCGP and WDT. I will post attached to this comment my configuration used and the change I made in the script code to fix my problem. Return to center is a problem in this script as it is stronger than the ffb and the stick input, causing a constant oscillation or even loss of front when drifting. So I would like to suggest a configuration for the next update, which would make it possible to regulate the speed of return to center separately from the speed of the steering wheel. This would fix the problem and make the drift smoother. Below is the video with my configuration and a VDC run. At the beginning of the video I show the line that I changed in the script files. (Sorry for the spelling mistakes, I'm using Google Translate.)

Cool, thanks for sharing. The line you modified basically changes steering speed from 0-25 kmh(0-15 mph), at 0kmh it's 1.75x and by 25kmh it's back to normal. So you really shouldn't notice this much at all, I added it because steering through parking lots such as Nord at low speed was difficult

Turning off gyro simplifies the steering a lot, similar to vanilla. Feedback and align sliders should have no effect. Using a more linear curve might be helpful for stick rolling but it'll make return to center feel stronger too. I've had a user send me some ridiculously smooth drifting using stick rolling on AC-X and he was using close to default-slower settings with like 5% inner deadzone

There isn't anything special about return to center, it's all the same input. Wherever the stick is positioned is how much strength is put into steering. I might experiment with return to center speed but that's going to make the input non-linear which I'm not a fan of. The gyro just needs more drift control but so far it's been hard to do that without compromising grip driving

I feel bad not having any updates still, doing some real-life car stuff at the moment and I'll keep working on it around the end of May. I'd like to do an update before summer since AC Evo is going to drop

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Forum trophies