Login or Register an account to download this content

Y O K A I

Premium
Y O K A I submitted a new resource:

AC-X - GamepadFX for Drivers

View attachment 679525
GamepadFX for Drivers

View attachment 679842

It's finally time that I release this after over a year in the making. Unhappy with the vanilla controller system and knowing how misunderstood it is, I wanted to make steering smoother and more intuitive. Thanks to x4fab/ilja's CSP support this became possible.

Unlike most gamepadFX posted since I started this project...​

Read more about this resource...

Nice start for this app, but got this notification aaaaand lua app not work.
CSP is 1.80p218 version.
Any suggestions? :)

UPD: make a revision on installed apps, don't know where were overwriting files, but all work now.

Attachments

• 1689464419179.png
    1689464419179.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Nice start for this app, but got this notification aaaaand lua app not work.
CSP is 1.80p218 version.
Any suggestions? :)

UPD: make a revision on installed apps, don't know where were overwriting files, but all work now.
Just to clarify you got AC-X working then?

Is there an option like vanilla speed sensitivity?
*edit: for speed sensitivity no, since the steering is more manageable and FFB is applied I've seen no reason to add it

When starting the ingame app, "waiting for jump" is displayed, cannot change anything there.
Returning to pits doesn't fix it? I've only seen this happen when installing while out somewhere on track.

Last edited:
Hellol, How do I enter the tab to configure?
Not sure what you mean. How to open the app in game? If your game is updated and you installed it right, it'll be with the rest of your apps like chat/tires/map etc.

I've updated the page to include content manager version and the GUI setting, so check those if your app isn't showing up.

Not sure what you mean. How to open the app in game? If your game is updated and you installed it right, it'll be with the rest of your apps like chat/tires/map etc.

I've updated the page to include content manager version and the GUI setting, so check those if your app isn't showing up.
Hello, I wanted to know how I can enter the settings tab to configure the steering wheel?

Hello, I wanted to know how I can enter the settings tab to configure the steering wheel?
This mod is for using a controller/gamepad, like xbox. So I'm not sure what you mean.

The only settings are in Content Manager -> Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> Controls. Gamepad needs to be selected as input method, and the sliders don't apply when using AC-X. The settings for AC-X are in the app window

Are you planning on adding a speed sensitivity slider in the next update?
Undecided. It's not really a good solution because it makes thumbstick movement inconsistent. It will be a while before the next update unless I need to do bug/CSP fixes. I'll probably make an Extra/plugin for it and see how that goes.

I haven't had any problems with high speed twitchiness and none of the beta testers mentioned it, I've done GT3 racing and a lot of nord/SRP. If it's twitchy at high speed then it's probably twitchy at low speed too. What kind of cars are you experiencing this with?

Things you can try
- Make sure you don't have any extra thumbstick curve/gamma from external software
- Positive front toe alignment (positive number on "Car Status" screen in pits)
- Try adjusting the left point on the curve to be further to the right to nerf center stick
- Raise "Align" slider in steering tab (similar effect to toe-in using extra ffb)

I cannot get this thing to work for the life of me. I love the idea, but it is hard to feel for which control does what and the gyro implementation needs work IMO; it makes you choose between extreme understeer and fishtailing across the track like there is no tomorrow. Overall a great work, just does not seem to be working for me. I am going back to Advanced Gamepad assist app and will l keep an eye on the development of this one. P.S.: I do have Steam controller preset, however it is all set to 1:1 linear input ratios. Could this affect how the app is acting?

Last edited:
I cannot get this thing to work for the life of me. I love the idea, but it is hard to feel for which control does what and the gyro implementation needs work IMO; it makes you choose between extreme understeer and fishtailing across the track like there is no tomorrow. Overall a great work, just does not seem to be working for me. I am going back to Advanced Gamepad assist app and will l keep an eye on the development of this one. P.S.: I do have Steam controller preset, however it is all set to 1:1 linear input ratios. Could this affect how the app is acting?
1691047854550.png
The same as a default/recommended layout.

If you like Advanced and can't get mine to work at all, my guess is you're relying a lot on the steering assistance in Advanced. The AC-X gyro is only meant to decouple the steering linkage from the chassis of the car, it's not designed to auto countersteer for the driver

If you like Advanced and can't get mine to work at all, my guess is you're relying a lot on the steering assistance in Advanced. The AC-X gyro is only meant to decouple the steering linkage from the chassis of the car, it's not designed to auto countersteer for the driver

I did get it to work at some point, but kept on tweaking it and got stuck in a deadlock I described above.

Also: in the demo your live graphs look very smooth and controlled, I get them all over the place even when I "roll steer" very carefully with some very minor inputs.

Also: Gyro setting does not seem to be dampened, so upon fast direction changes, for example: on Line Rock south chicane, gyro acts unpredictably (fishtailing). I got to counteract that with introducing more FFB but then I am hitting a wall of understeer.

Also: my Steam settings look very different to yours, I am not sure how to even get it to look that way, ill upd this post later on. s,

In advanced assist my "self steer" is practically on minimum setting but I rely a lot on damping and limiting slip angle in competitive servers.

What I do love about your code is "real" steering emulation where steering wheel isn't self centered because of input, but rather by FB that is some groundbreaking approach. I guess I am looking to find some more deliberate FAQ with advice for tweaks for different scenarios or, for example, like in Advanced app: when you hover the mouse over it gives you a brief description of what it does and what effect it would have on your game. Switching between game to browser every time I need to make an adjustment is a hassle (yeah I am a lazy ****, ik ik)

I came here initially to make a PSA on a few things:

- The checkboxes on General tab literally disable the AC-X features. I realize now that it can be misleading and look like they toggle graphing The idea was that you can disable the steering for example and compare to vanilla settings, or if you didn't like my vibration or if it didn't work on your controller you could turn it off, etc. I might move them into the settings window.

- The gyro does have a small issue with the "human" override multiplier. If you're not drifting, leave it at 1.0x or less -- If the multiplier is higher than 1.0x and you slip a little bit + you have enough stick input, the multiplier will actually push the gyro the opposite way. So if you're steering hard and start to slip a little bit the gyro will actually, unfortunately, induce a slip by steering into the corner :mad: this is so dumb, I don't know how I didn't notice it before release. I'll fix this in the next update. It's not a significant issue since even my release video is using 1.5x, but it will give you a little more comfortable driving.

- If you're using the "Clear" theme color, the curve graph is invisible. The interface doesn't use alpha in the colors, but my graphing does haha

- I recently had my settings reset to default for an unknown reason. If this happens to you please message me. It might have been a game crash caused it.

- If you want to reset settings to default, open the settings window, click "Open Settings Folder" and delete the settings.ini file, then click load to reset to defaults. The theme and graph colors are similar and stored in the "Storage Folder" instead. Also if you want to make backups or create manual presets you can rename the files.

I did get it to work at some point, but kept on tweaking it and got stuck in a deadlock I described above.

Also: in the demo your live graphs look very smooth and controlled, I get them all over the place even when I "roll steer" very carefully with some very minor inputs.

Also: Gyro setting does not seem to be dampened, so upon fast direction changes, for example: on Line Rock south chicane, gyro acts unpredictably (fishtailing). I got to counteract that with introducing more FFB but then I am hitting a wall of understeer.

Also: my Steam settings look very different to yours, I am not sure how to even get it to look that way, ill upd this post later on. s,

In advanced assist my "self steer" is practically on minimum setting but I rely a lot on damping and limiting slip angle in competitive servers.

What I do love about your code is "real" steering emulation where steering wheel isn't self centered because of input, but rather by FB that is some groundbreaking approach. I guess I am looking to find some more deliberate FAQ with advice for tweaks for different scenarios or, for example, like in Advanced app: when you hover the mouse over it gives you a brief description of what it does and what effect it would have on your game. Switching between game to browser every time I need to make an adjustment is a hassle (yeah I am a lazy ****, ik ik)

Damn my bad, somehow I didn't notice your reply. Welcome to my TED talk:

I was thinking about adding some kind of help system, I thought about making a second window pop up with help info, but personally I barely change the settings so I wasn't sure if it would be needed. Also most of the settings (to me) seem intuitive so I thought if there was any confusion the reference guide would help.

The live graph can vary depending on the car, something I've been wanting to fix, it's dependent on the car's steering setup. Cars with short racks like F1 or gokarts will have more extreme graphing so keep that in mind.

Definitely sort out your steam controls, you should be able to make a new default/recommended profile easily and keep your existing one still. One thing that I don't have control over is strange external settings. You need to have as much input as possible going into CSP and unfortunately my mod won't be able to detect bad settings (I even tried to make a mini game for discovering weird thumbstick input)

I mostly drive street cars, I've done some basic online GT3 racing and a minimum amount of F1 driving and not even racing, so if competitive F1 is your focus AC-X might not work that well for you. A lot better than vanilla for sure though.

I have had reports of gyro fishtailing (old version, it got a big improvement). Real cars do fishtail however, and most of the time it's my fault by overdriving. Almost all of these cases would be a spinout on vanilla because of not countersteering quick enough. It's likely my gyro design is not that great, but for my purposes it filled the steering linkage gap. I have a new design I want to try eventually but I have other things that are a priority.

This is a visual demonstration of the purpose of the gyro, it is basically dampened by speed. If it wasn't it would just take control of the steering completely. If it's too strong, you can reduce the speed of it, or you can reduce the angle. For drifting, I use 2.0x angle / 1.5x speed / 1.5x human. For driving/racing I would recommend just set speed/angle to 1.0x or lower, human at 1.0 (If human is lower than 1.0, you'll have less influence over the gyro)

I've had another person who races F1 message me and say they pretty much just adjusted their X1 curve slightly and set steering speed to slow, they said they think to 360 deg/sec and they liked that. My F1 preset is really fast steering, I've tried both and I like both. With faster steering you get more responsive FFB at the risk of more twitchy steering.

Try fixing your Steam settings, try reverting to AC-X default settings because it should be pretty neutral for all kinds of driving. The most important thing is curve adjustments to suit your controller, and your preferred steering speed. Also if you open the settings window, you'll find all the graph colors there if you need to more easily debug things. By default, the gyro input is blue.

Last edited:
If you check the option that the wheel gets centered automatically, it kicks in while in full angle drift and reduces steering angle.
But this option somehow makes drifting feel better imo, if it just didn't behave that way at full angle.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.7%