AC will NOT remember settings

Hello

I will try to be brief, forgive me is I seem frustrated but I am, very much so, and have been since Assetto Corsa came out.

The short of it is; if I play AC on a daily basis the game seems to remember my settings. If I don't use it for a period of time once I log in EVERYTHING IS GONE!

I have read I am not the only one having this issue, now on 2 different PCs, in Windows 7 and Windows 10. I have tried everything and every suggestion on the internet, yet this incredibly irritating and time consuming issue persists.

Can someone please point to a solution? Otherwise I will permanently uninstall this SIM and be done with it. Please understand I have an AccuForce wheel, AC does not (in my opinion) have the best FFB out there, getting it to feel right with the AccuForce is a time consuming process. Yes, I have the settings saved in the SimCommander software, curiously when AC loses it's internal settings it never feels the same way so I have to go tweak this or tweak that.

Again, if I seem unreasonable or hard on AC please understand this is an issue I have dealt with since it came out and I have wasted enough time on a no brainier issue the game should not have. By the way, AC is the ONLY game having this issue even when no new updates or patches have come out.

Any helpful feedback to permanently resolve this issue is appreciated. Thank you!

PS; I forgot to mention when this happens, after a period without usage, the game acts as if I just installed it, even my saved replays are gone...everything is gone except for my profile curiously.

Last edited:
If there's a problem only with AC ... there must be something of course linked to it .... and the only point I may see should maybe find its reason in .... a problem of link between AC and the Documents.
Maybe just a question of modifying 1 setting somewhere in one of those files.

As I can see, you have a SSD and a HDD ... same as I have.
But, is it the same as me at this point of view ?:
Steam and games on the HDD .... but also Documents ( among them of course the Documents/Assetto Corsa folder ) on the HDD.
The SSD only for Win10 and all softwares ( except games ).

That is only what I might see for reason ( even though I doubt about that as it only happens with AC ) ...

Another point to consider:
I have a G27 wheel ( + CSP V2 + TH8 Shifter) but you have a DD wheel.
Should the problem only be there ? .... are you only losing the controller settings ? or more ?
If this is your single problem ... then you should create a new thread or look at another thread about the DD controllers problems ... there's maybe something special to do with AC if your controller is a Accuforce ?

Is there another tool or software on your PC which might make problem ? that's another question.... ?

Other questions:
-Always using the same USB for your racing material ? ....
- no other controller plugged in those same USB when you don't use it ? ... no other controller plugged in another USB ?
It's been written somewhere AC is especially problematic at this point of view.

Last edited:
Sounds like the OP has some 3rd party disk cleaning utility like CCleaner that runs and deletes all the files it deems temporary/unnecessary, in this case the Assetto Corsa files in the My Documents folder.

Whatever the cause may be, the game itself definitely doesn't delete those all by itself.

Perhaps add the AC My Documents folder to whatever cleaning app you're using's whitelist and you should be good.

I have not read, that you saved your controller settings in AC itself (Content manager works too).

Whenever i load a profile in AC in the right lower corner from the screenshot, it wil use this config next time you start AC. SimCommander maybe writing a wrong config...
ac_launcher_controls2.png

That's a basic feature to save one's controller settings in AC or CM of course.
I didn't even think about that ... as it seems so natural to do that. :D

So ... good idea, @Please Stop This ... to repeat the basics ... if he should regularly forget them.
Without it .. I'd easily understand why he'd lose his controller settings after a time ( or maybe even each time ).
AC needs it .... while other sims save automatically those controller settings.

It's not my problem ... but Piero Favretti's one ( the OP ) ;)
I just said that I didn't even think about his possible missing save action ... in all previous comments. ;)

Maybe we were searching the reason of this problem much too far from the real basic reason.

I have not read, that you saved your controller settings in AC itself (Content manager works too).

Whenever i load a profile in AC in the right lower corner from the screenshot, it will use this config next time you start AC. SimCommander maybe writing a wrong config...
View attachment 282535
Guys, thanks to all of you for the feedback in trying to figure this out. This issue/bug has been driving me nuts and I have used AC far less due to its erratic behavior. If I can fix it I will enjoy it far more.

@Please Stop This and @Jempy Yep, always saved the controller profile. As I mentioned before, in some cases I would have to remap the buttons, even the shifting paddles, pedals, etc., sometimes (less frequently) the profile itself would be GONE.

@Ho3n3r I don't use any cleaners, ever. I found them to cause more problems than resolve them.

I do not move USB controllers/connections around, ever (well, almost never). My SSD is my boot drive, my HDD is where I keep all the Steam games and apps.

The only thing that could be a problem for AC is launching it from SimCommander. Again I don't see why since it does not affect any other game and I would have read about any issues in the SimXperience forums. I would like to try and use Content Manager, initially I would have to bypass SimCommander unless I can find a way to do otherwise. I will update you in the coming days. Thanks again guys!

For those who gave me feedback, or who might have similar problems, or simply interested, Content Manager seems to have fixed all my issues with Assetto Corsa.

It may be premature to declare "victory", but after an afternoon playing with CM and AC, at least the in game settings and controller settings seem to be gone. Whatever bugs exist within AC, CM seems to keep them in check. I will report back if I encounter any issues.

Hell, I even managed to install and enjoy Sol! Thank you for your feedback!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.