AC not loading any races

Well, AC had been running fine until I tried to do a RaceDepartment race at Spa which required the download and installation of 40-car pit boxes from HERE . Up to that moment, I have run several races, including one last week here at RD at Spa ... after I downloaded the 40 car pot box update!

Today, the first thing that happened was I could not join the event ... so I down loaded that 40 car pit box thing about 6 times ... no good.

I opened up that 40-car update into the Assetto Corsa file AND in the Spa track file ... every way I could think of.

THEN, I deleted the Spa track file and ran a Assetto Corsa integrity check through Steam. No good. So I deleted the Spa file and re-did the integrity check about 6 more times WITHOUT downloading the 40 car pit update.

I gave up on trying to get in the race, but now, off-line I cannot get AC to load ANY race on ANY track ... only practices will load.

So I did the whole Assetto Corsa integrity thing another 3 or 4 times. No good. I can only get practice sessions to load up.

I have no idea what to do next. Any guesses?

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd try to rename the Documents/Assetto Corsa folder ( with a "bak" for example ) and start AC, so a new folder will be recreated.
If it works ... you'll just have to move first the most important saved files ( controls and setups ) from the bak folder to their usual place in this new recreated Documents/Assetto Corsa folder.

A new test and if it's still working .... you might move other saved files ... partially with test just after.

Often such problems are due to something wrong in those Documents/ folder ( simply maybe because a file there is still pointing to the track you deleted. ).

It's probably only a coincidence. The problem you describe is either cause by a wrong setting, like Jempy mentions or, from my experience more likely a corrupted, additional file somewhere in your ac installment.
The log files mentioned above are your best friend. Try to run ac again, let it crash and put the log files in here. We'll probably find the file that makes it crash quite quickly :)

The log files mentioned above are your best friend. Try to run ac again, let it crash and put the log files in here. We'll probably find the file that makes it crash quite quickly :)

I tried to load it again today ... I used Road Atlanta instead of Spa to show that it happens on all tracks.

I guess you only want the log file generated today. Also created with today's date were
Launcher, Launcher_Controllers, Launcher_de-bug, Py-log files.

I've attached the Log file.

I'm not very computer literate. I REALLY appreciate you guys taking the time to help.

Attachments

• log.txt
    160.4 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
I tried to load it again today ... I used Road Atlanta instead of Spa to show that it happens on all tracks.

I guess you only want the log file generated today. Also created with today's date were
Launcher, Launcher_Controllers, Launcher_de-bug, Py-log files.

I've attached the Log file.

I'm not very computer literate. I REALLY appreciate you guys taking the time to help.
Yeah that's the correct one although it won't hurt to include the rest of the files too!

Now how I approach these errors:
- scroll to the bottom
- check all lines that mention something like "error", "crash" or similar

- for your log that's:
"
ERROR: NO STAT FOR ks_ferrari_330_p4
ERROR: NO STAT FOR road_atlanta2009
Audio FMOD call error (AudioEngine.cpp:404): An API call returned FMOD_ERR_INVALID_HANDLE
[...]"

and:
"c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 12.0\vc\include\thr\xthread (187): std::_LaunchPad<std::_Bind<0,void,WorkerThread> >::_Go
[...]"

So now begins the part where I'm quite lost too but what I read between the lines here:
No stats? Not making much sense... Track and car are probably NOT broken. No reason for them to be...
But FMOD has a problem and afaik FMOD uses "things" that are shipped with windows so combined with an error occuring after starting something with microsoft's visual studio...

For me it sounds like it's actually a problem with FMOD and Windows, maybe a Windows update?
On which Windows is this running? If it's Windows 10 I'll bet for an update. If not win 10, I'd call for a broken program that's related to AC.

But to really know what's going on there I would google the errors or cross-check the other logs so please attach them too :)

A quick google mentions sound device or sound device drivers. Try to select a different sound device "as default" and try again. Maybe some USB headset plugged in or something? Or maybe Win 10 having the cool idea to overwrite drivers as frequently read across forums :p

Second quick google mentions that the "MSVCP120" is leading to Visual C++ and .NET Framework. Which would go hand-in-hand with "Windows Update". Try the audio driver setting first and report back.
Don't install some visual C++ or .NET Framework things for now!

Some other users are probably better help than me. Also you might want to post the thread in the official AC forums too and attach all the log files there.
The guys over there have much more knowledge about this stuff :)

Last edited:
Yes, it's Windows 10.

I'm only able to upload the three files below. With all the others I get a message: THE FOLLOWING ERROR OCCURRED: The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

I will also try the official AC forum as you suggest.

UPDATE: I attempted to up load my log files on the official AC forum, but got a message that I don't have the correct permission to upload the files.

Attachments

• errors.txt
    531 bytes · Views: 341
  • py_log.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 339
  • log.txt
    160.4 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
For me it sounds like it's actually a problem with FMOD and Windows, maybe a Windows update?
On which Windows is this running? If it's Windows 10 I'll bet for an update. If not win 10, I'd call for a broken program that's related to AC.

But to really know what's going on there I would google the errors or cross-check the other logs so please attach them too :)

A quick google mentions sound device or sound device drivers. Try to select a different sound device "as default" and try again. Maybe some USB headset plugged in or something? Or maybe Win 10 having the cool idea to overwrite drivers as frequently read across forums :p

Second quick google mentions that the "MSVCP120" is leading to Visual C++ and .NET Framework. Which would go hand-in-hand with "Windows Update". Try the audio driver setting first and report back.
Don't install some visual C++ or .NET Framework things for now!

I'm sorry ... I don't know what ANY of this means.

How do I check the "audio driver setting"?

Within the last couple weeks I did install Content Manager, Crew Chief/Spotter, PRO Tire and Camber Extravaganza ... I did get a new Head set with mic, but that was a month ago.

Everything was working fine up to the race at Spa on Saturday. Friday night I even ran a full Race Weekend with full practice and qually sessions of 1/2 hour each. The race was 40 laps. No problems at all.

It seems that for your log you sent here, you did your test with a mod ( Bazza's Legend one I think :D ) .... lots of errors are for the "ford_gt40mk2" namely.
Already maybe a problem there ....

Is it a mod you installed recently ? .... no special sound fix for an older Fmod version installed maybe ? ( this might maybe cause problems with Fmod )

Try to make a test with an original Kunos car on a original Kunos track .... so your log may show the main errors ( without errors out of a maybe badly or not completely installed mod ).

At Official AC Forum, is your Steam Account already linked yet ? .... that's required to post on their forum.

NB: when you get this error "THE FOLLOWING ERROR OCCURRED: The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension." when wishing to upload a file .... you need to zip it with Winrar or 7Zip to post it.
Most unusual extensions are not allowed for uploading a file.

What Jempy said! :)
I'm sorry ... I don't know what ANY of this means.

How do I check the "audio driver setting"?

Within the last couple weeks I did install Content Manager, Crew Chief/Spotter, PRO Tire and Camber Extravaganza ... I did get a new Head set with mic, but that was a month ago.

Everything was working fine up to the race at Spa on Saturday. Friday night I even ran a full Race Weekend with full practice and qually sessions of 1/2 hour each. The race was 40 laps. No problems at all.
Right click on the speaker symbol in your task bar and go to "Playback Devices". There, select a different one as default than your current one. AC will send the sound to a different audio device then and maybe it will cause fewer errors so we can narrow it down :)

It seems that for your log you sent here, you did your test with a mod ( Bazza's Legend one I think :D ) .... lots of errors are for the"ford_gt40mk2" namely.
Already maybe a problem there ....

Is it a mod you installed recently ? .... no special sound fix for an older Fmod version installed maybe ? ( this might maybe cause problems with Fmod )

Try to make a test with an original Kunos car on a original Kunos track .... so your log may show the main errors ( without errors out of a maybe badly or not completely installed mod ).

YES!!!! It was the "ford_gt40mk2". I downloaded that one a long time ago and never used it because I have an official content Ford GT. Although I haven't checked very many tracks ... once I took that Ford out of the grid ... races load up just fine.

What happened yesterday:

After I couldn't get the 40 car pit box mod to load into Spa and couldn't enter the RaceDepartment Race at Spa yesterday, I cued up a grid for the 60's LMP@Spa race. I guess I grabbed the wrong Ford. I'm going to delete the unofficial Ford, as you called it: ( Bazza's Legend one I think :D ), so I don't make that mistake again.

BUT ... I still have a problem getting that 40 car mod to load with Spa.

I'll keep digging.

Thanks for the help guys!!!!!!!

YES!!!! It was the "ford_gt40mk2". I downloaded that one a long time ago and never used it because I have an official content Ford GT. Although I haven't checked very many tracks ... once I took that Ford out of the grid ... races load up just fine.

What happened yesterday:

After I couldn't get the 40 car pit box mod to load into Spa and couldn't enter the RaceDepartment Race at Spa yesterday, I cued up a grid for the 60's LMP@Spa race. I guess I grabbed the wrong Ford. I'm going to delete the unofficial Ford, as you called it: ( Bazza's Legend one I think :D ), so I don't make that mistake again.

BUT ... I still have a problem getting that 40 car mod to load with Spa.

I'll keep digging.

Thanks for the help guys!!!!!!!
Hehe I didn't check the full car list. Good catch from Jempy!
I thought you tried to load into practice, your car only. Try that the next time at first :)

To the spa mod:
Don't bother, I'll send you a pm tomorrow about it and I promise it'll work after that!
EDIT: you tried this one, right?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-spa-40-gridslots.12949/

This is actually packed very well and since you have other mods running I think you know where to drop this content folder so it really gets me wondering what exactly didn't work...
Can you run the OSRW version offline for a practice session, alone on the track with a kunos car?

Last edited:
Hehe I didn't check the full car list. Good catch from Jempy!
I thought you tried to load into practice, your car only. Try that the next time at first :)

No, I loaded up a grid of 2 or 3 each of the three cars you will be running at Spa tomorrow night so I could pick one and start practicing. I'm not one of them alien fellers who can just jump in a car and win ... I have to practice and test for a week and then end up in the middle of the pack. I figured since I couldn't make the feature (i.e., Saturday's big boy race at Spa) the vintage race would be the consolation.;)

Since all the bad stuff happened after I tried loading in the 40 car grid, I assumed it was all the same problem and my AC was going tango uniform.

I downloaded the "bad" Ford back in 2016 and never ran it. No problem any more ... I deleted the car from the game, printed out out the file, deleted the computer file to trash and burned the paper copy of the file. It's dead, Jim!:devilish:

To the spa mod:
Don't bother, I'll send you a pm tomorrow about it and I promise it'll work after that!
EDIT: you tried this one, right?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-spa-40-gridslots.12949/

This is actually packed very well and since you have other mods running I think you know where to drop this content folder so it really gets me wondering what exactly didn't work...
Can you run the OSRW version offline for a practice session, alone on the track with a kunos car?

Yes ... that is the file I tried to load. I still cannot get it to load into Spa, so I cannot get the OSRW version at all. To the good side, Spa loads and works fine ... I just don't have 40 grid or pit boxes.

For the record, I opened the mod into 1), the AC folder itself, 2) the track folder and 3) the Spa folder.

Yesterday, Dirk Steffen suggested that I remove the 4 files from the mod and just copy them into the Spa folder. I haven't done this yet. After all this stuff, I guess I'm a little gun shy.:O_o:

Last edited:
No, I loaded up a grid of 2 or 3 each of the three cars you will be running at Spa tomorrow night. I figured since I couldn't make the feature, the vintage race would be the consolation.;)

Since all the bad stuff happened after I tried loading in the 40 car grid, I assumed it was all the same problem and my AC was going tango uniform.

I downloaded the "bad" Ford back in 2016 and never ran it.

Yes ... that is the file I tried to load. I still cannot get it to load into Spa, so I cannot get the OSRW version at all. To the good side, Spa loads and works fine ... I just don't have 40 grid or pit boxes.

For the record, I opened the mod into 1), the AC folder itself, 2) the track folder and 3) the Spa folder.

Yesterday, Dirk Steffen suggested that I remove the 4 files from the mod and just copy them into the Spa folder. I haven't done this yet. After all this stuff, I guess I'm a little gun shy.:O_o:
Now I'm confused:
The rar-file contains a "content" folder which is the same content folder you have in your ac root folder so you drop that just there and the Spa files will automatically merge into the spa folder.
Did you put the content folder into the spa folder? Then there's the problem.

To your info: more files somewhere usually don't matter as the config files of each thing that gets loaded will only pick the files it needs. So you could put all cars in all track folders. Nothing would happen other than wasting storage space :)

Now I'm confused:
The rar-file contains a "content" folder which is the same content folder you have in your ac root folder so you drop that just there and the Spa files will automatically merge into the spa folder.
Did you put the content folder into the spa folder? Then there's the problem.

Now I'm just a little confused. But only a little.

Are you suggesting I drop or "open" the 40 grid download into C:\Program Files(x86)>Steam>SteamAps>common>AssettoCorsa>Content

and not go all the way C:\Program Files(x86)>Steam>SteamAps>common>AssettoCorsa>Content>tracks>Spa ?

AND ... you are also suggesting I should not have to take the contents out of the folder ... that the update should install itself, and Spa will become Spa_OSRW all by itself?

Now I'm just a little confused. But only a little.

Are you suggesting I drop or "open" the 40 grid download into C:\Program Files(x86)>Steam>SteamAps>common>AssettoCorsa>Content

and not go all the way C:\Program Files(x86)>Steam>SteamAps>common>AssettoCorsa>Content>tracks>Spa ?

AND ... you are also suggesting I should not have to take the contents out of the folder ... that the update should install itself, and Spa will become Spa_OSRW all by itself?
Yes. Gonna just draw a quick picture of it :)
upload_2018-5-6_22-41-13.png

So normally you have one subfolder in each track folder for the layouts. Spa only has ONE layout at default so you don't have subfolders there.

BUT the mod will be "like a new layout" and you'll see two Spa Versions when everything is installed correctly!

As you can see the folder-structure is the same and the only important thing is that you grab the same "layer of folder structure".
In other words:
put the content folder of the mod into the AC root folder next to the content folder that's already inside there.
OR put the "Tracks" folder next to the default "Tracks" folder OR put the Spa folder next to the default Spa folder OR put the actual mod-files INSIDE the default Spa folder, next to the default files.

Or in other words again:
The mod-author wrapped his modded files into the same folder structure the default tracks have so you just need to go into the AC root folder and drop it. The structures merge and the files land in the right places :)

To the installation: It's not an actual "installer", it's just a container (.rar) which you need to open and drop the files. I use 7zip, right-click on the download-> open, then drag&drag the "content" folder into the AC root folder, next to the default "content" folder. Click "merge" if you need to and you'll see a second layout for Spa like you see two layouts for Brands Hatch for example already at default :)

THAT DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:geek::geek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
... and a long strange trip it was.

@Jempy & @RasmusP Thank you so much for taking the time to help!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Since my programming lectures started I know how it feels to feel like living at the darkside of the moon and being totally stupid although feeling quite intelligent :roflmao:
And in this case: it's not really self explanatory that you want some new things in one of the boards of your shelf in the living room and someone just comes with a helicopter, having your full house as baggage, telling you "nah I'll just drop this while flying above your house and your shelf will just get two new books as they merge."
Like what the heck :laugh:

That's the beauty of computers. You can merge whole streets just in a blink of an eye :)
Some people even prefer that over actually having to put the books on the shelf :p

Finally, if all zipped addons downloads were built the same way .... it should make the task easier for all who don't have a minimum knowledge of how the "informatic bookshelf" ;) is built..... even though it's nearly built the same way as a real bookshelf.

That's why most mod problems happen with their wrong installs....
If the standard .rar files were made the same way to always unzip in the root folder of the sim, it should be much easier for guys with less informatic knowledge.

That's where using a mod manager has its advantages .... bad install ? ... simply unactivate the mod, test if problem is solved ( OK in most cases )... find where the mistake was done.... but meanwhile your problem is momentarily solved and you still may use all other contents if the mistake was a big one. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back