AC Modding Questions Thread

The KSEditor has no persistence file to open with the fbx, hence it applies sorta random Shader settings to the models materials. No idea if there is a work around or if you need to redo them all.

Thanks, I couldn't do anything about it so I redid everything in 3DSimED3 and now everything is fine.

In photoshop
What do i do to make this sticker on the window more visible?
https://gyazo.com/90e87c31e313e8926663d7ad2f57e0d1

I followed this alpha channel tutorial

I want it so this sticker is fully visible without affecting the transparency of the window.
Well,
Pure white in the Alpha is 100% visible, 255 settings,
Pure Black in the Alpha channel with be 100% transparent, 0 settings,

Grey 50/50 will be 50% transparent at 128 settings.

Well,
Pure white in the Alpha is 100% visible, 255 settings,
Pure Black in the Alpha channel with be 100% transparent, 0 settings,

Grey 50/50 will be 50% transparent at 128 settings.

Sorry, could you tell me what to do? I just followed the tutorial and it somehow worked, I don't really understand what I'm doing. I just want this sticker purely visible without it affecting transparency of the window.
My photoshop layer layout:

https://gyazo.com/fcac02b6e57dfa41127f19564390ca1d

Channel layout:
https://gyazo.com/3bec849329ba157fad614cd06073caec

DDS Format info:
DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha
Generate MIP maps, 6

MIP Map Filtering
Filter type : Blackman
Gamma Value : 2.2
Blur factor = 1
Filter Width Override Value = 10

I'm completely new at modding and just want this done. Please help

Hi if you want the stickers 100% visible,
then inside the Alpha channel, mask that area to 255, 100% white color,
will be 100% visible ingame, there darker something is from pure white alters the transparency
so full black would be 100% transparent, its pretty self explanatory,

white 100% visible,
black 100% transparent,

its pretty much as simple as this :)

Sorry, could you tell me what to do? I just followed the tutorial and it somehow worked, I don't really understand what I'm doing. I just want this sticker purely visible without it affecting transparency of the window.
My photoshop layer layout:

https://gyazo.com/fcac02b6e57dfa41127f19564390ca1d

Channel layout:
https://gyazo.com/3bec849329ba157fad614cd06073caec

DDS Format info:
DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha
Generate MIP maps, 6

MIP Map Filtering
Filter type : Blackman
Gamma Value : 2.2
Blur factor = 1
Filter Width Override Value = 10

I'm completely new at modding and just want this done. Please help

Do you have the original texture with the original colour for the window's alpha? You'll need that to get it exactly the same. I don't know what car that is, but in your images the windows are quite light (which translates to quite opaque), which might not be what they should be.

How do you add night lights to track? Do the object or objects need to be named in certain way, certain material name and/or certain shader or shader settings? I don't have discord, is there any other way to find that info?

If 3ds max is used with student license, is it legal to release models made with 3ds max?

EDIT grammar fixed and reworded for better understanding

If 3ds max is used with student license, is it legal to release models made with 3ds max?

EDIT grammar fixed and reworded for better understanding

As long as you're not charging for it, it should be legal. At the very least no one at Autodesk will bat an eye, anyways.

Could someone help me with a problem with rim blur? I've checked the object and material settings and everything looks correct (active, transparency set, alphablend and textured) but I cannot get a rim blur texture to map onto the wheel? I'm just starting out modding and trying to learn as I go but I keep running into this problem?

Attachments

• rim blur2.jpg
    rim blur2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 295
Could someone help me with a problem with rim blur? I've checked the object and material settings and everything looks correct (active, transparency set, alphablend and textured) but I cannot get a rim blur texture to map onto the wheel? I'm just starting out modding and trying to learn as I go but I keep running into this problem?
Corresponding ini file done correctly?

So, yeah, did you change the ini? It won't work without
Okay, thanks. This is obviously where I'm going wrong. I assumed if I wasn't editing the car the ini wouldn't need updating either. I don't suppose you know where I would find a tutorial? I can't seem to find anything that explains how to update the blurred objects ini

Last edited:
Okay, thanks. This is obviously where I'm going wrong. I assumed if I wasn't editing the car the ini wouldn't need updating either. I don't suppose you know where I would find a tutorial? I can't seem to find anything that explains how to update the blurred objects ini

Look at a Kunos car, should be pretty straightforward.

Look at a Kunos car, should be pretty straightforward.
I'm probably not making it clear enough. I've got a blurred objects ini in the data folder (which looks to be set out the same as a kunos car and which correctly references each rim and rim blur) but I'm still getting the problem. I guess I'm probably missing something obvious but here's a pic of another randomly picked car with the ini file beside it where the blur texture is not showing up in kseditor...

Attachments

• rim blur3.jpg
    rim blur3.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 166
Have you pushed the button that swaps rim/rim_blur in kseditor? It sets the default object names to hidden for you and if you're just using the auto-generated persistence, rim_blur is the one that's hidden. (cause in showroom it doesn't read any inis, just uses kn5's default visibilities)

Have you pushed the button that swaps rim/rim_blur in kseditor? It sets the default object names to hidden for you and if you're just using the auto-generated persistence, rim_blur is the one that's hidden. (cause in showroom it doesn't read any inis, just uses kn5's default visibilities)
Yes, I've clicked the button to view the rim_blur rather than the static view of the rim but the rim_blur texture is empty and I can't seem to find a way to put a texture onto it and it just remains invisible. I've had this problem with multiple cars I've tried over the last few weeks. I've tried everything I can think of but I must be missing something!?

i wanted to create via the shadermod specific Tyre colors via SS, S, M and H tyre compounds for the Lotus Exos 125 Stage 1

in the folder "assettocorsa\mods\Shaders Lights Patch\extension\config\cars\kunos " I created the ini file "lotus_exos_125_s1.ini" with following content
Code:
[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_SS]
TXDIFFUSE=cars\lotus_exos_125_s1\SS.dds
TXBLUR=cars\lotus_exos_125_s1\SS_Blur.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_S]
TXDIFFUSE=cars\lotus_exos_125_s1\S.dds
TXBLUR=cars\lotus_exos_125_s1\S_Blur.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_M]
TXDIFFUSE=cars\lotus_exos_125_s1\M.dds
TXBLUR=cars\lotus_exos_125_s1\M_blur.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_H]
TXDIFFUSE=cars\lotus_exos_125_s1\H.dds
TXBLUR=cars\lotus_exos_125_s1\H_blur.dds

and in the folder "assettocorsa\extension\textures\cars\lotus_exos_1 25_s1" I put the dds files with DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha profile

yet they don't want to appear ingame
what have i done wrong?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes