AC fast AI Line guide

Misc AC fast AI Line guide 0.1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
parrilla submitted a new resource:

AC fast AI Line guide - Mini tutorial for track AI recording and tweaking

This is a mini guide on track AI improving, based on knowledge gained by trial and error and some headaches. (The downloadable PDF file has the same info as this post).

View attachment 653868

Here goes a quick tutorial on Assetto Corsa AI line recording and tweaking. You only need the ingame AI app, the AI Line Helper app by esotic (LINK), a notepad and some monk like patience. The process is...

Read more about this resource...

Do you know of anywhere I can get some specifics on the ai_hints commands. I’ve been trying to run GT4 cars on the endurance or endurance-cup layouts in Nords, and no matter what I change in the hints file, they consistently go off in the left handed after the straight after flugplatz (schwedenkrautz). Adding danger, hints or braking commands seemingly do nothing -I’ve tried changing the values from 1.0 to 0.5 with no effect, so either the hints-file does nothing, or I’m doing something wrong
Same thing with GT3 cars, they go off 60-70% of the times they run that curve (or the karusell, they skip up on top, hit the barrier and slide back down creating havoc for anybody following.
In the extreme cases I’ve tried running 60 cars at 100/100 starting dead last and usually end up in 10-15th by the first lap, without actually passing anybody (apart from the crashed out ones parked)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks so much for this - do you know if there's a way to record lines without the purple 'current line' showing up? I'm finding it impossible to do a normal line whilst this is ok screen.

Thanks for so many fantastic AI upgrades to vintage tracks BTW.

Do you know of anywhere I can get some specifics on the ai_hints commands. I’ve been trying to run GT4 cars on the endurance or endurance-cup layouts in Nords, and no matter what I change in the hints file, they consistently go off in the left handed after the straight after flugplatz (schwedenkrautz). Adding danger, hints or braking commands seemingly do nothing -I’ve tried changing the values from 1.0 to 0.5 with no effect, so either the hints-file does nothing, or I’m doing something wrong
Same thing with GT3 cars, they go off 60-70% of the times they run that curve (or the karusell, they skip up on top, hit the barrier and slide back down creating havoc for anybody following.
In the extreme cases I’ve tried running 60 cars at 100/100 starting dead last and usually end up in 10-15th by the first lap, without actually passing anybody (apart from the crashed out ones parked)

Any help would be appreciated
I would try with a MAXSPEED hint for the run up to those corners, and set the speed to something a GT4 car can manage without overshooting it. The DANGER hints are more focused on overtaking attempts, tells the AI how much can they risk going offline basically.

Thanks so much for this - do you know if there's a way to record lines without the purple 'current line' showing up? I'm finding it impossible to do a normal line whilst this is ok screen.

Thanks for so many fantastic AI upgrades to vintage tracks BTW.
I don't know if that's possible but I would love to, it took me a while to start ignoring that purple noodle :whistling:

The strange thing about my issue is that it only happens with GT3 and 4 cars. Everything else i throw at it is fine. I will try setting a much lower max speed when I return home, am on vacation atm

Thanks for your feedback :)

The strange thing about my issue is that it only happens with GT3 and 4 cars. Everything else i throw at it is fine. I will try setting a much lower max speed when I return home, am on vacation atm

Thanks for your feedback :)

If you want to check that the hints file is working, you can set one big hint for a low speed or crazy high hint value that starts 0.000 and ends 0.999 and check it has an effect.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help your main question!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.