Resource icon

Misc Abu Dhabi's Nightime Qualifications & Shorter Races Than 100% 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Salut Gilles submitted a new resource:

Abu Dhabi's Nightime Qualifications & Shorter Races than 100% - Gives Closer-2-Reality sim of Qualifying sessions at Yas Marina Circuit

This mod allows gamers who perform Qualifications (either full or short) to start any of their Qs (either Q1, Q2, or Q3) sessions at nightime, which is a lot-closer-2-Real-Life sim, as seen in Iceman's Q3 hotlap pic below:

0b1s.png

It also accomodates the Single-Player-mode F1 2013 gamers who don't have time to play 100% full day-night transition's races at Yas Marina, and who would like to start their shorter races at nightime (without any...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
IMPORTANT NOTE:
The game must be exited between P3 & Q1, or between Q1 & Q2, in order 2 install this mod b4 re-starting it again. Otherwise, it will not work. For examples on how this mod works, read the following few possible scenarios:

Scenario #1:
Long Week-End - Full Qualifying, 100% race.
1- Do P3 with 0RIGINAL tod.dat file
2- Exit the game after P3
3- Copy the MOD's tracks folder to f12013 folder
4- Re-start the game and do Q1, Q2, and Q3
5- Exit the game after Q3
6- Copy the 0RIGINAL tracks folder to f12013 folder
7- Re-start the game and do the 100% race

Scenario #2:
Long Week-End - Full Qualifying, 100% race.
1- Do P3 AND Q1 with 0RIGINAL tod.dat file
2- Exit the game after Q1
4- Re-start the game and do Q2, and then Q3

Scenario #3:
Short Week-End - Full Qualifying, 100% race.
1- Copy the MOD's tracks folder to f12013 folder
2- Start the game and do Q1, Q2, and Q3
3- Exit the game after Q3
4- Copy the 0RIGINAL tracks folder to f12013 folder
5- Re-start the game and do the 100% race

Scenario #4:
Short Week-End - Full Qualifying, 100% race.
1- Start the game and do Q1 with 0RIGINAL tod.dat file
2- Exit the game after Q1
4- Re-start the game and do Q2, and then Q3

Scenario #5:
NIGHTIME shorter Race Only, 3-LAPS, 5-LAPS, 25% & 50%.
1- Copy the MOD's tracks folder to f12013 folder
2- Start the game and do the nightime-only race
3- Exit the game after the shorter race
4- Copy the 0RIGINAL tracks folder to f12013 folder (optional)

Many variations of different scenarios are possible, but the game must be exited each time a swap of the tod.dat file is required.

Use your imagination, and have fun! :whistling:

nvbp.png

Last edited:
I remember changing the race start and end times in a track file for 2012 so it would go full cycle during races less than 100% but can't find that line in the 2013 files. Not sure why they'd remove that, they could easily make the full transition for all race distances but just don't bother. Codies in a nutshell.

I remember changing the race start and end times in a track file for 2012 so it would go full cycle during races less than 100% but can't find that line in the 2013 files. Not sure why they'd remove that, they could easily make the full transition for all race distances but just don't bother. Codies in a nutshell.

Yep. That would b 2 much fun in a commercial game. Can't have that. /sarcasm

Last edited:
I know this is not the right thread, but please could you tell me where to get this hud? Thanks guys.
hud10.jpg

That hud is copyrighted, thus owned, by the teevee guy(s) who designed it first, and they refused to allow it to be included in the game (or asked for 2 much money...). Let's hope a clever (or many) modder(s) can work it out for us.

(I can't do it, sorry: dunno where to start.)

Last edited:
Hello,

a little question, how to edit/open the *.dat file?

Yes, I remember the ability to edit that in one of the older game, too.
But since the first game the main problem is that the night started around lap 40+ and in reality it start around lap 24-27.

Furthermore, I remember that I've changed a part from 17-19 up to 17-21 in the 2011 game and it runs well. Any idea how to change.

Btw.: I only talk about 100% races.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Hi, JayS, I can't answer that question, since this mod was not 'made' by editing the f12013\tracks\circuits\Abu_Dhabi folder's tod.dat file: it's just a copy of the original's f12013\tracks\circuits\singapore folder's tod.dat file (all nightime).:sneaky:

Whenever doing a Q2 & Q3 session at Yas Marina Circuit, in F1 2013, I just open Windows Explorer, and copy the tod.dat file from the singapore folder, straight into the Abu_Dhabi folder (I backed up the entire content of the original + all updated patches of that game in a C:\Games\Backups folder of my own, since I have plenty of HD free space). Then, when going to the race, I exit the game and restore the original tod.dat file in the Abu_Dhabi folder before restarting the game, and going to that race.

For the fun of it, I could also do that same race at 25-50% while keeping that tod.dat file in there, for an all-nightime race. That's what this 'mod' (it 'modifies' the game without really 'modifying' any file) allows doing. Not tested online though, since I never play online.

I have searched around for utilities that would have allowed me to actually edit the Yas Marina tod.dat file, but alas, I have not found any (yet).

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back